Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Hart

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Meta won't like to hear this but Mandanda is another example of a black keeper. They are physical and athletic, when on form, they're a wall and impossible to pass. but there is ALWAYS some treasure lurking behind the woodwork. And I don't mean Victor "recently one brilliant failure a season" Valdes like, but Manuel "yeah right, like four games in a row without stupidity is not entertaining" Almunia.

In fact, Almunia is a black keeper wearing a suit. Like in that War scene from Monty Python, but then in the opposite way:
iii-zulu.jpg

Mandanda is a nice example, Kameni in Spain is a very nice example, Vincent Enyeama at the World Cup was a great example, I know the Ivory Coast goalkeeper has those blinders, ... Even when in a super period, they just have to fuck up. It's the law basically.

So no, I don't think Mandanda belongs in that list, let alone he would be the best of those.

Sorry but before Meta gets here I'm going to have to say it first, this is pretty racist, sorry. All the examples you give were raised partially in Africa. In Africa goalkeepers aren't really trained properly for the most part, they get by on reflexes and skill. In fact the same can be said about South American goalkeepers, who outside of Julio Cesar have a habit of putting flash over consistency.

It's how they were trained, not their skin colour. Mandanda was mostly raised in France so he has less of an excuse but Kameni for instance got to where he is on natural ability despite a lack of fundamentals.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Sorry but before Meta gets here I'm going to have to say it first, this is pretty racist, sorry. All the examples you give were raised partially in Africa. In Africa goalkeepers aren't really trained properly for the most part, they get by on reflexes and skill. In fact the same can be said about South American goalkeepers, who outside of Julio Cesar have a habit of putting flash over consistency.

It's how they were trained, not their skin colour. Mandanda was mostly raised in France so he has less of an excuse but Kameni for instance got to where he is on natural ability despite a lack of fundamentals.
Then call it African-style keeper, I don't know. I just mentioned Meta cause I remember the discussion with beast during the WC.

I still and will always see all those examples as a typical black keeper. Just like crazy tackles over here are refered to as "negro tackles" (if i have to translate it literally, don't know if it is known around the world), for me also without any racist motive. Maybe if I was more acquianted with South-American keepers I would see all those above as Latino keepers.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I believe Adler also deserves a shout...was he not Germany's first choice keeper until he got injured right before the World Cup?

Chainsaw

Killahead
The case with Lioris is that, I rate Frey much higher than him. But since Frey has always had issues with France NT then he couldn't have the chance to take over Lioris as the first choice GK.

Wish Frey was Argentinian. :(

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Frey imho is top 5 Gks atm, if not top3 ( after cassilas and cesar)... bit he aint young any more :)

Ataraxia

The case with Lioris is that, I rate Frey much higher than him. But since Frey has always had issues with France NT then he couldn't have the chance to take over Lioris as the first choice GK.

Frey more than Lloris ? lol Frey is an okay keeper but definitely nothing special.

Do you guys watch football ?Also I think the only reason people here vote De Gea over LLoris is because they watch him and don't watch lloris ( apart from the WC probably). I think De Gea right now is easily behind Lloris.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Frey more than Lloris ? lol Frey is an okay keeper but definitely nothing special.

Do you guys watch football ?Also I think the only reason people here vote De Gea over LLoris is because they watch him and don't watch lloris ( apart from the WC probably). I think De Gea right now is easily behind Lloris.

Yeah watch some football. Frey has always been among the best GKs in the world in the last years. It's just because of his NT record that you call him 'nothing special' perhaps, or maybe because you barely even watched his games.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
No, the reason we are rating De Gea higher than Lloris is because he's better. Don't be such a condescending twat. Seriously, do you ever post anything that isn't abrasive?

IMO Right now Frey and Lloris are about even, but it took Frey until his late 20's to become consistent and I think Lloris starting for France is the right choice.

+1000000000

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
lol Frey was never a great goalkeeper, who cares about NT, they barely play one match every now and then, I'm talking about his club, he makes some nice saves but is not a top keeper for sure and is inconsistent even at this age ( Fiorentina being so shit these days makes La Furia think he is consistent because he is their best player lol). Lloris rightfully is praised more.

As for De Gea, you pedophiles are praising him because he was playing at 18 years of age and still capable of being first choice. Plus he is one of those keepers with great agility and a good shot-stopper so people over-jizz for him when they see him skydive in some of his saves, but is he CURRENTLY a top keeper all around ? NO.

A bit same for Joe-Hart : over jizzing.

What's funny is everything you accuse about De Gea and Frey you can say about Lloris. Lloris has had plenty of meltdowns, including some recent ones.

And Fiorentina being so shit these days is one of the reasons Frey has proven to be an above average keeper, because he's constantly bailing them out. He's not one of the world's top goalkeepers but he's above average. Please show me any proof he's been inconsistent recently because I doubt a superficial Milan fan like you watches Fiorentina.

Seriously, your e-thug act is pathetic when your opinion is never anything special. Your too simple to be offensive and too combative for your lack of wit to be sympathetic. Calling people pedophiles and fags is just making you sound like a dumbass.

In other words, your like a dumbed down version of Wardo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans