Barca Transfers and Rumors

Kohe321

The guy is just f class, just shows how good our board is when we sold him for 30m quid, I mean, get this, Arsenal could probably send him packing to City, PSG or whatever for 80m in his last 12 months, but they still choose to keep him... yet we chose to lay off one of our most efficient transfer (cost/value) in a shameful manner.

The only minus compared to Paolo is his age, he will be 29 by next year, while Dybala is still 23 and is yet to reach his prime.

While I agree with the general point that is popular around this forum that we are overall bad at selling players, the comparison with regards to Alexis is not completely fair in this instance. Alexis was atrocious with us, and has been on fire over at Arsenal, so naturally what he can be sold for will be wildly different. Not to mention how player prices has skyrocketed in just the few years since he left.

But yeah I don't want Alexis back either. There seems to be something with the Camp Nou pitch that for some reason turns him into Bambi. All my memories of Alexis at Barca, save for the El Clasico lobbed goal, is him slipping and sliding inside the box. The guy is an absolute killer for Chile and with Arsenal. It's weird.

Last edited:

Hektor

While I agree with the general point that is popular around this forum that we are overall bad at selling players, the comparison with regards to Alexis is not completely fair in this instance. Alexis was atrocious with us, and has been on fire over at Arsenal, so naturally what he can be sold for will be wildly different. Not to mention how player prices has skyrocketed in just the few years since he left.

But yeah I don't want Alexis back either. There seems to be something with the Camp Nou pitch that for some reason turns him into Bambi. All my memories of Alexis at Barca, save for the El Clasico lobbed goal, is him slipping and sliding inside the box. The guy is an absolute killer for Chile and with Arsenal. It's weird.

Alexis does not fit with Barça. He is an inside forward, not tall enough to be a "9." He can play for Luis Suarez. However, we have Alcácer for that role and he has the height to be a "9." Coutinho can be a left wide-out, play for Iniesta, or sub for Messi. In addition, we have Deulofeu as a wide out. The press is saying that we are going for Dembélé, but I doubt it. I'm beginning to believe that Coutinho is coming.

Last edited:

RaidersGunz

Attackers: Dembele Suarez Coutinho Messi Deulofeu Paco.

Midfielders: Alena Iniesta Rakitic Busquets S.Roberto Samper Arda Rafinha Gomes D.Suarez.

Looking at that it looks like a fantastic group of players, however the midfield is probably a player or two away from being elite. If Dembele and Coutinho sign then the attack is set for the season. In midfield I'd like to see Arda and maybe Rafinha go and be replaced by somebody of top level quality, possibly next summer.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Attackers: Dembele Suarez Coutinho Messi Deulofeu Paco.

Midfielders: Alena Iniesta Rakitic Busquets S.Roberto Samper Arda Rafinha Gomes D.Suarez.

Looking at that it looks like a fantastic group of players, however the midfield is probably a player or two away from being elite. If Dembele and Coutinho sign then the attack is set for the season. In midfield I'd like to see Arda and maybe Rafinha go and be replaced by somebody of top level quality, possibly next summer.
If the bolded ones are hopefully signed, the under-lined ones have no place in the squad!

Devils

I'd keep Denis tbh.

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I actually think he will turn out to be a very decent player.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd keep Denis tbh.

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I actually think he will turn out to be a very decent player.

IF we sign Dembele and Coutinho, hopefully, we would have numerous players for both forward positions as well as the mid field positions leaving Denis no scope whatsoever to get any minutes to play at all.... Dembele - Suarez - Leo with Paco and Deulofeu as backups and Coutinho-Roberto-Busi with Iniesta-Rakitic-Samper (not to mention Alena getting minutes here and there in cup and CL) as backups for mid field rendering Denis rather unnecessary!

PS: Seems very strange writing Don in back-up list but that is what would bring the best out of him!

slvtn

Interesting that he says Coutinho did NOT go to training this morning when every other source said he trained as normal with a good attitude !!

Someone is fibbing , that's for sure !!

There were quite a few other souces that reported he suffered a back injury the other day.

LordLichtenstein

Attack:

Messi / Dembélé / Deulofeu

Suárez / Messi / Paco

Dembélé / Coutinho / Deulofeu

Midfield:

Iniesta / Coutinho / Denis

Rakitić / Roberto / Gomes

Busquets / Roberto / Mascherano

Defense:

Semedo / Vidal

Alba / Digne

Piqué / Martínez / Marlon

Umtiti / Mascherano

Keeper:

ter Stegen
Cillessen

To be honest, I wouldn't have anything against this rooster :)

Andresito

Staff member
Attack:

Messi / Dembélé / Deulofeu

Suárez / Messi / Paco

Dembélé / Coutinho / Deulofeu

Midfield:

Iniesta / Coutinho / Denis

Rakitić / Roberto / Gomes

Busquets / Roberto / Mascherano

Defense:

Semedo / Vidal

Alba / Digne

Piqué / Martínez / Marlon

Umtiti / Mascherano

Keeper:

ter Stegen
Cillessen

To be honest, I wouldn't have anything against this rooster :)

Looks good, although Denis and Marlon would get close to zero playing time. I'd like to see Marlon loaned out to a Liga team.
I wouldn't want to sell Denis, so the best case scenario for him would be us getting a bid for Gomes, doubt Denis will want to be loaned out again.
Rafinha probably won't leave this summer considering he has an injury.

JamDav1982

Fuck being a Liverpool fan if they sell him but would love to see him at Barca.

Never done selling their best players when seem to be getting better.

gasgas

What about
.......................................Ter stegen
Semedo.................Pique.......................Umtiti..............Alba
.....................Rakitic........................Busquets..................
...Dembele............................................................Coutinho
.....................................Messi
......................................Suarez

Home of Barca Fans