Barca Transfers and Rumors

Hektor

Coutinho can play the role of Neymar as a winger. He has been doing that with Liverpool. However, I do not know what to believe. According to MD, Sports, AS, and ESPN the Coutinho deal is done. Sports and MD are not that reliable when it comes to Barça news. Why should AS and ESPN give misleading news? On the other hand, sources from Liverpool say that Coutinho is not going anywhere. Why is this taking so long to materialize? One reason is that the deal might involve one or two players from Barça. These players will have to agree to a LFC transfer and reach an agreement with Liverpool, first.

To pay €150 mils for Dembélé is crazy, a 19 years old and one season wonder. I would take Dybala over Dembélé anytime. I would then worry what position they will all play. We still have Doulefeu and Munir for the wings. IMHO, Munir is an extremely talented player that should be given a chance to prove himself. Are we going to support La Masia or not? We have Doulefeu, Munir, Samper, Aleñá, Sergei Roberto from La Masia. Stop buying expensive players and develop our youth. At this time we have no choice, but Coutinho and (maybe) or Dybala + Iñigo Martinez should be it.

Trickykid

[tw]894993642649157632[/tw]

Well I'll be damned... The amount of 180ies this silly season is producing is impressive.

Emmerson Bola

well we are buying dembele and coutiho into a team that does not have gud defenders or even gud defending midfielder that is fast and can mark box to box. me am just laughing because CR7 we score a lot of goals with d team we are trying to put 2geda. we are trying to be fcb galacticos which did not favor real Madrid because dey all were big names and were playing individual football. We are trying to push out our la masia product away without even given them a chance. current board is death.

serghei

Damn, if we are not after him anymore, that was his career chance. Train came and didn't stop in the station.

raskolnikov

Im done with these rumours. Its lie after lie. We just have to what wjen the dust settles when the transfer market closes to give a verdict.

xXKonan

Damn, if we are not after him anymore, that was his career chance. Train came and didn't stop in the station.
It sounds like we didn't want to pay the 32 Million and the club thinks buying Inigo would block the progress of Marlon and Yerry it seems.

Hektor

[tw]894993642649157632[/tw]

Well I'll be damned... The amount of 180ies this silly season is producing is impressive.

I will take whatever Marca says with a pinch of salt. I do not even read them. Marca is Florentino Perez' voice or PR department. Maybe RM is interested in the CB since they need defense.

LordLichtenstein

Here is what I would have done.

1) Formation

I would switch to a 3-4-1-2 formation.
Our defense has been our achilles' heel in previous seasons and we need to position ourselves better, in order to stand a chance against counter attacks.

2) Transfer

Transfer budget = €386M
( incl. Initial transfer budget of €130M, €222 for Neymar and €34M for André Gomes )
* In June an unnamed Premier League club bid €34M for André Gomes, which I would have accepted.
* I would also sell Arda, Rafinha, Munir, Digne, Douglas and Vidal, which would give our transfer budget a small boost.
* I wouldn't have bought Deulofeu back for €12M.

Buy:

€100M - Ousmane Dembélé
€90M - Philippe Coutinho
€58M - Benjamin Mendy
€40M - Jean Michaël Seri
€32M - Iñigo Martínez
€30M - Nélson Semedo
€25M - João Cancelo

Cost = €375M

----------------------------Suárez/Paco-------------------Messi/Dembélé-----------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------Iniesta/Coutinho----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alba/Mendy--------------Busquets/Seri------------------Rakitić/Roberto------------Semedo/Cancelo
----------------Umtiti/Vermaelen-----Mascherano/Martínez-----Piqué/Marlon------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------ter Stegen/Cillessen-------------------------------------------

OTHER SUBS:

Denis
Samper
Ortolá

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great news, we really don't need him. Yes Marlon is still a bit raw but he can get better with playing more games.

It does look like they want to use the 32m on other players.

Trickykid

I will take whatever Marca says with a pinch of salt. I do not even read them. Marca is Florentino Perez' voice or PR department. Maybe RM is interested in the CB since they need defense.
Barcelona based EMD journo Edu Polo reports it as well. Either way, I can't possibly fathom what RM would gain from those rumors? If there's contact between either of the clubs, the agents and thus the player will know of it, meaning such a Marca fabricated tidbit would be of absolutely zero consequence.

It sounds like we didn't want to pay the 32 Million and the club thinks buying Inigo would block the progress of Marlon and Yerry it seems.
If this is sanctioned by Valverde, all the better...

Home of Barca Fans