Alexis Sanchez

Pepe Silvia

So whats the solution to get the best out of Alexis? Is this slipping, sliding lack of confidence and finishing temporary? Can anyone expect Alexis to suddenly turn it up? I really hope he can but hes backing himself in a corner w his mentality and its sad.

hellsangel1

To be fair, Aguero is considerably better than Alexis and nobody is going to debate that, but the idea that he's not inconsistent himself is just funny. There's also the fact that Aguero is not going to play waterboy for Messi the way Barca forwards do. I don't want to hear what Argentina does ad-nasuem, Messi is a different player for Argentina and Barca.

Teams also don't defend Argentina as they do Barcelona, there is more space to operate as teams don't park the bus as they have considerably less respect for Argentina than they have for Barca.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Teams also don't defend Argentina as they do Barcelona, there is more space to operate as teams don't park the bus as they have considerably less respect for Argentina than they have for Barca.

Well, Argentina has a below average defense. Barca, at least at their best, do not. Argentina's style of defending (in part due to a lack of defensive depth) is also much more orthodox, you don't get forwards tracking back to cover for attacking defenders to the same level you do with Barca. Really the only parallels is they both love their short passes and both have the best player in the world at their centre.

So whats the solution to get the best out of Alexis? Is this slipping, sliding lack of confidence and finishing temporary? Can anyone expect Alexis to suddenly turn it up? I really hope he can but hes backing himself in a corner w his mentality and its sad.

I don't really know to be honest, as an Alexis fan I think at this point he's as better off elsewhere as Villa is. I just don't see Barca getting the most out of Alexis without sacrificing Pedro as part of it, something that won't happen.

Last edited:

slvtn

Thomas Mueller is playing an excellent season as a winger and right midfielder. Robben has no real chance against Muellers creativity. I highly doubt he will leave Bayern though as he's one of the locals players that represent Bayerns identity. I'd say patience is the best solution here. Alexis showed that he has skills and now it's his turn to relax and get back into his role.

(Although Barca with Hummels and Mueller is a fairly nice imagination.)

Doobs

The Messiah
If there is a German forward Barca should get it, it has to be Reus.

Anyway i'll wait till the end of the season to see whether or not Alexis should be offloaded.

Der Kaiser

Thomas Mueller is playing an excellent season as a winger and right midfielder. Robben has no real chance against Muellers creativity. I highly doubt he will leave Bayern though as he's one of the locals players that represent Bayerns identity. I'd say patience is the best solution here. Alexis showed that he has skills and now it's his turn to relax and get back into his role.

(Although Barca with Hummels and Mueller is a fairly nice imagination.)

Bayern doesnt sell players they still want, so we can forget Neuer, Müller, Kroos, Alaba and so on.

Pepe Silvia

whatever they put in his cheerios for breakfast today they need to start putting in his baked potato for dinner before night games. he was amazing.

N

Noldorin

whatever they put in his cheerios for breakfast today they need to start putting in his baked potato for dinner before night games. he was amazing.

Hehe, exactly. He really had a great game. Created a lot of space and opportunity; the goal was a bonus. I was actually disappointed he got subbed off today! Though Tello was also great to be fair. Would have liked to have seen a Tello/Villa/Alexis front 3 given Messi wasn't exactly on fire today, but never mind.

Home of Barca Fans