Adriano Correia Claro

Hydro2oo9

lol another bitter englishman. Rooney sucked in the WC, terribly overrated.

It say's he is from Glasgow under his name, which isn't in England, it's in Scotland.

You're American, I'm guessing? ;)

I agree with you about Rooney though, he is overrated.

As for the Adriano signing. I think it's a decent signing as he will offer cover for right-back, left-back and either flank if needed. He will be a very handy untility player and I've always said that Dani Alves could do with a bit of cover at right-back in terms off the odd slight injury or suspension. It then saves having to put Puyol there. Puyol can cover well at right-back, but is much more effective at centre back.

Seamus

Good squad signing, versatility is a great thing to have. Id imagine this is a Rosell signing gotta admit i like the way he does business keeping it pure quiet, thats the way to go.

Anyways welcome Adriano best of luck at Barca!!!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
rooney is not overrated at all. he's just not the prolific striker everyone is expecting him to be. he's the best in the world at heading though.

Hydro2oo9

rooney is not overrated at all. he's just not the prolific striker everyone is expecting him to be. he's the best in the world at heading though.

C.Ronaldo was the best at heading when he was at Man United and since his departure Rooney has taken over by scoring alot of headers. It's just the way that Man United play, but because it's Rooney, he gets alot more praise for his headers than Roque Santa Cruz did when he was smashing them in for Rovers in the 2007/2008 season, for example. Santa Cruz was scoring alot of headers, due to great crosses being put into the box and although he wasn't given alot of praise, people weren't claiming him to be the best player in the world.

Anyways, Rooney was a great poacher last season and has scored quality goals in the past, he's a top player, but when you have United fans saying how he was the best player in the world last season, this makes him overrated.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
rooney's fantastic.

as far as I can tell he's overrated by the british media and underrated by everyone else.

NOW BACK ONTO THE SUBJECT AT HAND

adriano is a great bit of business.

good age, versatile as all fuckery, ambidextrous, good in attack, good in defence, hard-worker, knows lliga well, not crazy expensive.

we're now doubled-up at the fullback positions (dani, maxi, adri, abi) so our CB's will strictly be CB's. this eliminates the need to sign a new player for that position as we have three top-class CB's and then a bunch of youngsters (bartra, muniesa and fontás off the top of my head) who can fill that fourth spot should we need them to.

up-front we have five top-class options (messi, villa, zlatan, pedro and bojan) and then a sixth spot to be filled by jeffren or either adri or maxi, or even gerard or someone other canterano.

what remains is for us to sign a midfielder of some kind so we have five top-class options and then the sixth spot can be filled by the cantera again (jona, thiago, oriol, etc.)

we just need a midfielder.

hopefully it'll be cesc, but we'll see.

zealot

He can also play as CM right? I think Pep may be interested to look at how well he can play in Keita's place, the box to box midfielder.

Barcilliant

Good signing but nothing to have a wet dream about. I would like to see Caceras stay and we need another midfielder BADLY. Why dont we just get Arshavin as back up? Also need another DM-Busquets is a liability and we need back up anyway.

iced1776

At first 10 mil seemed too much but when you think of the fact that he fills a vital role (backup for Dani) and can play multiple other positions if called upon, its not a bad bit of business at all. Especially if we really have 50-60 to spend.

mc-pedro

Busquets fails imo, we need someone else...

And Cesc won't come to Barca this season, apparently Arsenal are dissapointed at Barca -.^

Adriano seems like a waste of money, but we'll see.

Home of Barca Fans