Adriano Correia Claro

Hamzah

High Definition Member
...which are not acknowledged because of the most expensive flop in transfer history (zlatan) and wasting an unecessary 50 million on cesc

zanela

Having read the topic, i'm appalled at the thought of some culés suggesting Abi as a bckup CB. The man has awful positional sense, mistimes tackles and just too error prone in central defense. The last time he played there(Mallorca 08/09) we almost lost the match while getting sent off on two such occasions for france. I'd rather Fontas/Muniesa/Bartra instead. No way Abidal is playing CB for us.

Adriano is young, versatile and ambidextrous(is tht the word?). He can be a good utility player and provide competition to both Abi and Alves. Dont worry about Maxwell, he'll get plenty of time in segunda. :p

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Maxwell will be the back up of Dani whereas we were looking for a back up of Abidal , we got it . But we can play him in different positions as needed.

13.5 million .

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Really not sure about this signing tbh. He's a very good player and has always been a strong part of the Sevilla side. It's also a fairly cheap deal. But although he's too footed he does tend to perform better on the left, and given we have to excellent LB options I don't see the logic. A back up RB would have been an idea, although with our crop of young defenders we could have tried one of them there as well as Puyol.

B

blaugranamtl

Good signing!! a player that is capable of playing both in defence and midfield like mentioned!! I'm pleased..now lets get Cesc next :p

tk_TommyKim

I don't think Abidal is staying at all, mates. He's lost his form over the past year, so I would assume that Pep will have a three-man race going for the LB spot between Adriano, Abidal, and Maxwell. One will be the "starter," another will be the back up, and the third will probably have to leave unless Alves gets severely injured which forces Adriano or Maxwell to switch over to right.

Aasim

Bumbleman
I don't think Abidal is staying at all, mates. He's lost his form over the past year, so I would assume that Pep will have a three-man race going for the LB spot between Adriano, Abidal, and Maxwell. One will be the "starter," another will be the back up, and the third will probably have to leave unless Alves gets severely injured which forces Adriano or Maxwell to switch over to right.

Abidal played his best football last year with us. Its a shame he got injured because he was one of our best players.

Maxwell was always back up. Adriano coming would mean either Maxwell at backup LW or backup RB.

SoMa

not sure about this guy, hes gonna give iniesta competition at the injury table, very very injury prone

V

Valon

Adriano can play both LB/RB very good so I'm happy with the signing.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Abidal played his best football last year with us. Its a shame he got injured because he was one of our best players.

Maxwell was always back up. Adriano coming would mean either Maxwell at backup LW or backup RB.
you basically took the words from my brain.
thief.

:D

S

SantaC

...which are not acknowledged because of the most expensive flop in transfer history (zlatan) and wasting an unecessary 50 million on cesc

is thsi a joke? zlatan scored the only goal in the el clasico, scored 2 crucial goals vs arsenal in champ league hade 23 goals in 41 games, how is that the biggest flop?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There are two aspects to this purchase that I find of note apart from the ones I mentioned earlier.

1. Rosell has managed to fly under the radar in this purchase whereas most other buys in the past have come only after intense speculation had already been long running...I think this aspect of the purchase bodes well going forward since discretion is simply smarter business

2. For better or worse, I think we can now put to bed the idea of a winger being purchased this summer (Which means speculation over players like Robinho & Mata will likely end now)

Home of Barca Fans