9 - Robert Lewandowski

whyno

Hello!

I have been reading Barca forum for several years. I finally registered, just to write something you can't see. Compare the first season of Lewandowski and Messi after changing the club. A new environment. A completely different league. Other expectations. More pressure. Messi had better players in Paris. It's a fact. And the stats?

Leo: 26M/6G/15A
Lewa: 34M/23G/7A

Not bad huh? ;)
Difference? Messi is a favorite of Barca fans. Lewa is 'the new guy'. It's easier to criticize, right? :)
Just don't forget. What other top ‘9’ wanted to come to a club in decline? He believed in the project. You believe in him :)

PS.
Yes, I know he had a reaaaaaly bad time

Temptation

Hello!

I have been reading Barca forum for several years. I finally registered, just to write something you can't see. Compare the first season of Lewandowski and Messi after changing the club. A new environment. A completely different league. Other expectations. More pressure. Messi had better players in Paris. It's a fact. And the stats?

Leo: 26M/6G/15A
Lewa: 34M/23G/7A

Not bad huh? ;)
Difference? Messi is a favorite of Barca fans. Lewa is 'the new guy'. It's easier to criticize, right? :)
Just don't forget. What other top ‘9’ wanted to come to a club in decline? He believed in the project. You believe in him :)

PS.
Yes, I know he had a reaaaaaly bad time

Oops. Don't be so intelligent and practical mate. It's wasted on here. :lol:

Just be a blind sheep who follows what certain people say. :clown:

Welcome to the Forum.

lucas24

Guy really compared Bundesliga titles with La Liga Lol.

Classic british no football iq knowledge.

Spanish teams were destroying overrated brits for 15 16 years, it was raping on max.
I agree about the strength of the German league. Bundesliga, which not so long ago was the second best league in Europe, will probably be overtaken by Serie A in next year. Just look at the hero of this thread, Lewandowski. He regularly scored 30+ goals in the Bundesliga, but only 23 in La Liga. Either way, it's the worst top scorer in 20 years, in 2002 Tristan needed less (just 21 goals) to win the Pichichi.

IMO, the Premier League clubs have crushed the European competitions in the last decade. Only Real and Sevilla (EL, they are too weak for CL) defend the honour of La Liga.
UEFA Country Ranking:
England 108,998
Spain 92,998 (-16k)
Germany 82,481 (-10k)
Italy 81,926

La Liga is closer to Bundesliga and Serie A than Premier League.

Temptation

I agree about the strength of the German league. Bundesliga, which not so long ago was the second best league in Europe, will probably be overtaken by Serie A in next year. Just look at the hero of this thread, Lewandowski. He regularly scored 30+ goals in the Bundesliga, but only 23 in La Liga. Either way, it's the worst top scorer in 20 years, in 2002 Tristan needed less (just 21 goals) to win the Pichichi.

IMO, the Premier League clubs have crushed the European competitions in the last decade. Only Real and Sevilla (EL, they are too weak for CL) defend the honour of La Liga.
UEFA Country Ranking:
England 108,998
Spain 92,998 (-16k)
Germany 82,481 (-10k)
Italy 81,926

La Liga is closer to Bundesliga and Serie A than Premier League.
First season
No pens
Worst Rough Patch of his career
Amateur Manager
World Cup Fatigue
List goes on..........

I mean you normally get like 10 pens a league season in LL. That alone would push him to over 30 in the league.

lucas24

First season
No pens
Worst Rough Patch of his career
Amateur Manager
World Cup Fatigue
List goes on..........

I mean you normally get like 10 pens a league season in LL. That alone would push him to over 30 in the league.
OK, you write sensibly. But let's not justify him so much. He's not a 19 year old, he's a very experienced player. He's been dreaming of playing for Real for a long time. Im sure he even knew the language or was learning it before the transfer. You are judging, what about his Spanish? Did he do any short interviews in Spanish? The World Cup was for everyone. Others (apart from Haaland :p) could have used the excuse of being tired. Kane, for example, has probably had the best season of his career, despite the WC in Qatar. Yes, I know he didn't change country.

La Liga has 2 more teams than Bundesliga. That means 4 extra games against the bottom side. You can safely add Lewandowski 5+ goals, he loves these games and scores a lot of goals in them.
Have a look...
19. Espanyol
20. Elche
Lewandowski played all 4 games and scored... 6 goals. I knew it :)

Personally, I don't know any other footballer who is so ruthless towards outsiders. In the Bundesliga, he regularly scored hat-tricks in such games. Lewa scored 5 goals in CL.... 3 of his goals were against outsider, Plzen. 3 in 1 match! Didn't play in the second leg. Regarding the CL, I think the 1st match in Munich was decisive. Barca played a really great game and if Lewy would finish at least 1 of the 3 situations he had in the first 45 minutes, Barcelona would have won the game and advance to the knockout phase.

It's no surprise this dude has only achieved 1 COVID CL as a big trophy in his entire career

He's allergic to top performances v big teams
You are right! The whole world was looking for those who were responsible for the covid. Some blamed China, some the USA, others Russia. Turns out it was Lewandowski's fault. The man decided to make a childhood dream come true and try to win the Champions League. That in a nutshell is the genesis of covid :)

BTW. Your comment made me laugh.

pers

OK, you write sensibly. But let's not justify him so much. He's not a 19 year old, he's a very experienced player. He's been dreaming of playing for Real for a long time. Im sure he even knew the language or was learning it before the transfer. You are judging, what about his Spanish? Did he do any short interviews in Spanish? The World Cup was for everyone. Others (apart from Haaland :p) could have used the excuse of being tired. Kane, for example, has probably had the best season of his career, despite the WC in Qatar. Yes, I know he didn't change country.
Look at Messi first year in PSG... Even tho I'm Lewy fan I can admit Messi is on another level. Still his first year in PSG was not better than Lewy here. First season in new club and league is difficult for almost all players. Honestly to me Bundesliga right now is same level as LL but the main difference for Lewy is Barca is not on the same level as Bayern. Barcelona looks really bad in front and it statistically looks excellent at back but it is mostly due to extraordinary luck and Ter Stegen who imo is the best Barca player right now.

jamrock

A league that as had the same champion 11 years in a row cannot be taken seriously, it doesn't say anything about how great Bayern is, because bar one or two seasons in those 11 years they have been nothing special.

Huff and buff in the group stages then fall in the K.Os.

It's just a shit league, with zero competition.

Cannot be remotely compared to la Liga, now, past or in the future unless something drastic changes.

whyno

A league that as had the same champion 11 years in a row cannot be taken seriously
Yes, but...
many thought it was easy to replace the striker at Bayern.
Check bundesliga without Lewa and Haaland - top scorer 16 goals heh
Best in Bayern - 14... 14!

lucas24

Look at Messi first year in PSG... Even tho I'm Lewy fan I can admit Messi is on another level. Still his first year in PSG was not better than Lewy here. First season in new club and league is difficult for almost all players. Honestly to me Bundesliga right now is same level as LL but the main difference for Lewy is Barca is not on the same level as Bayern. Barcelona looks really bad in front and it statistically looks excellent at back but it is mostly due to extraordinary luck and Ter Stegen who imo is the best Barca player right now.
Comparing Messi to Lewas 1st season in new club is very difficult. This is a completely different case. It was Barcelona's financial problems that brought the Argentine to France, and his move to PSG was forced. Lewandowski had dreamed of La Liga for 10 years.

"Lewa went to Barca and won the championship. Bayern lost title after he left." That's what many media (including this forum) were saying just before the Bundesliga season ended. It was very unfair. For both clubs, the goalkeepers were crucial.

At the time (27 May, before the last Bundesliga round), the stats were:
ter Stegen: 15 goals conceded, 21.2 PSxG (post-shot expected goals). He conceded 70% of what should theoretically be goals (saved 6.2 goals). Remember how many games Barcelona won 1-0. Of course, we couldn't say that his great form gave 12 points (idk, maybe 7-8). Without that margin of error, the games would have been a lot more difficult.

Bayern goalies:
Sommer: 24 goals conceded, 22.6 PSxG, 106%
Neuer: 11 goals conceded, 14.7 PSxG, 74%
If Neuer not had an injury and been in goal all season, Bayern would have conceded 7 goals less (24 - 22.6 * 74%) and would have won the league a few rounds before the end of the season.

Rory

Pretty widely accepted Messi had a really below par season in his first year at PSG. Lewandowski doing better than that isn't the W that is being made out.

Home of Barca Fans