9 - Robert Lewandowski

feggydinho

Great performance 8/10. More than goals I liked how he tried to assist. The pass to Pedri was excellent. It could be match highlight.

Unfortunately with such defense I can't see Barcelona win against Bayern. Every single opponent can counter Barca so easily. I hope the tactics against Bayern will be different.

That pass to Pedri was actually the wrong option, as Dembele was so free while defenders were around the left wing (which is where Pedri was). The good thing is that Lewa also provides for his teammates, and isn't always focused on scoring from impossible angles.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION]

After his 2nd goal the immediate thing he did was to run over to Demb?l? to thank him as he played the pass that Lewandowski was demanding the whole time.
Link: https://streamff.com/v/7morce

Now on the other 2 goals, those were basically all him. It's not really the norm to hype a simple shortpass and a lay off when realistically he is the one that snipes it in from 20m out.
He certainly appreciates great assists when they occur, but if he's the one that creates the goal, well then why not celebrate himself a little? He surely deserved it. It's not that unusual really.

I dunno he could've ran to Torres knowing his situation on the third goal.

Horatio

You're welcome
That pass to Pedri was actually the wrong option, as Dembele was so free while defenders were around the left wing (which is where Pedri was). The good thing is that Lewa also provides for his teammates, and isn't always focused on scoring from impossible angles.

I disagree it was wrong option. He put Pedri almost 1 on 1 with keeper. If he had passed it to Dembele, defender still had time to cut off the angle since Dembele was still a bit away from the 16 yard box.

Temptation

Just saw that bit of play and it was the perfect option.

That's the difference between a good player and an elite player.

A good player takes the easy option of passing it to Dembele. An elite player comes up with that cheeky unpredictable backheel to put Pedri through on goal.

pers

? We've conceded 2 goals in 5 games lol.

It's not a stellar defense but it's solid enough. Plus, we won't play Roberto as RB against Bayern.

Maybe I overreact but so far we played only against weak teams in term of offense and we were very lucky (+ great Ter Stegen form) to concede only 2. Every single team had great chances to score and even playing with best lineup it was the same as yesterday. Coman and Sane are as fast as Dembele so if we allow counter it can end badly. Fortunately they are not great at finishing.

Messi983

First player in CL history to score a hattrick for three different teams. Unbelieavable.

Also, didn't see it reported anywhere but I suspect he's also the first player to score a hattrick on his CL debut for Barca.

Alik

Maybe I overreact but so far we played only against weak teams in term of offense and we were very lucky (+ great Ter Stegen form) to concede only 2. Every single team had great chances to score and even playing with best lineup it was the same as yesterday. Coman and Sane are as fast as Dembele so if we allow counter it can end badly. Fortunately they are not great at finishing.

We played ultra offensive yesterday, with no fear for counter attacks.

I'm hoping we will adjust against Bayern and tougher opponents.

Horatio

You're welcome

Glad to see you have abandoned Bayern and joined the Barca ranks dawg.

And like you have my doubts about our defense against stronger teams.

feggydinho

That's why we'll probably play more defensively and counter with Raphinha and Dembele on the wings.

PhilS

OK, I admit I was wrong, predicting only a Pichichi this year was way too pessimistic. Ballon D'Or is coming.

Andresito

Staff member
This year's Ballon d'Or is in October, for Benzema. Next year's will be heavily influenced by the World Cup. Lewy will need a CL to win.

Home of Barca Fans