9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Barca has the pull.

I don't understand how or why, but our pull is insane. We're pulling players left, right, and centre.

If I can understand as a Liverpool fan who's not fond of Barca, surely you can?

It's located in a beautiful place to live in.

Guaranteed CL football.

Guaranteed to compete for trophies.

Great PR, media exposure.

Has a lot of romance attached to it with Cruyff's style of play.

Recent success.

Relatively less media scrutiny for a club of it's size.

Bumper Salaries(in general).

zanela

He always celebrates like that.

Likes to get away from his teammates and do the hand gesture solo.

That's typical of RL9!!

What does that gesture signify?

I don't mind some fun and entertainment but most player celebrations are cheesy and cringe. The worst one is Griezmann's fortnite dance. I think Auba is quite creative with his celebrations, the ones he did with Reus while at dortmund were pretty cool.

That's good. Need an ice cold talisman like that who isn't going to gush over an assist against low level opposition. Barca's goal is to win titles, not win big against some Czech team.

None of that happy-go-lucky, aw-shucks routine anymore.

If the benefactor is being constantly ignored by the beneficiary, the chances are that the former will soon start doing the same. In team sports, any form of player acknowledgment goes a long way in fostering teambuilding and goodwill. But I'm not a sport psychologist so what do I know. I have always been accustomed to watching some of this team's best players exhibit a sense of magnamity towards each other. Its just how I like my football. But I don't expect others to feel the same, and I can live with that even if I don't necessarily endorse it.

topt

I don't know, 10m net vs. 13m net, not too wild.

Didn't he look for something around 29m gross to extend with Bayern initially?

never heard of that, hell he claims an extension was never even negotiated; really doubt Bayern would give him more money at 34 compared to what he was earning before

Joan

never heard of that, hell he claims an extension was never even negotiated; really doubt Bayern would give him more money at 34 compared to what he was earning before

Well they obviously didn't give him what he wanted.

Temptation

What does that gesture signify?

I don't mind some fun and entertainment but most player celebrations are cheesy and cringe. The worst one is Griezmann's fortnite dance. I think Auba is quite creative with his celebrations, the ones he did with Reus while at dortmund were pretty cool.

If the benefactor is being constantly ignored by the beneficiary, the chances are that the former will soon start doing the same. In team sports, any form of player acknowledgment goes a long way in fostering teambuilding and goodwill. But I'm not a sport psychologist so what do I know. I have always been accustomed to watching some of this team's best players exhibit a sense of magnamity towards each other. Its just how I like my football. But I don't expect others to feel the same, and I can live with that even if I don't necessarily endorse it.

Saw it on Twitter that apparently they call him Lewandisney because he celebrates like a Disney Prince even after scoring the simplest of "Micky Mouse goals" and stuff like that.

About the celebration, RL9's daughter used to do it and hold hands like that when she was 2 so that stuck with him.

I don't see how that celebration is cringe though. It's fairly simple yet effective. Gives him a trademark vibe.

Don't expect humble celebrations from him. He loves the limelight on the pitch. Just how he is.

Joan

If I can understand as a Liverpool fan who's not fond of Barca, surely you can?

Of course I can. Had pull with me too, damn them.

But Barca did exceptionally well to position the club competitively on the marked again so soon. You can have the greatest history and be located in the best city in the world (give or take, Barca is close to that) but players won't go to a club on its downwards spiral with financial difficulties. And attracting Lewa on reasonable wages is no small feat. Even at this age.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Bayern certainly didn't give him what he wanted, but I read he was looking for more money, I think I read it from bayern & germany twitter account.

zanela

Saw it on Twitter that apparently they call him Lewandisney because he celebrates like a Disney Prince even after scoring the simplest of "Micky Mouse goals" and stuff like that.

About the celebration, RL9's daughter used to do it and hold hands like that when she was 2 so that stuck with him.

I don't see how that celebration is cringe though. It's fairly simple yet effective. Gives him a trademark vibe.

Don't expect humble celebrations from him. He loves the limelight on the pitch. Just how he is.

Thanks for the explanation. It's refreshing to see that despite being the biggest RL fan on board, you could respond to my critique with a sense of decorum, that which has become an endangered virtue on this forum.

And I didn't say RL's gesture is particularly cringe but was rather commenting on player celebrations in general terms.

Temptation

Thanks for the explanation. It's refreshing to see that despite being the biggest RL fan on board, you could respond to my critique with a sense of decorum, that which has become an endangered virtue on this forum.

And I didn't say RL's gesture is particularly cringe but was rather commenting on player celebrations in general terms.

Appreciate it.
I'm always up for criticising even my favourite players. Don't shy away from it if it's deserved.

As a Football fan if you can't really criticise and have negative opinions then what's really the point of it? Then you're just living in a bubble of political correctness where you should say "the right things" as if you're a pundit on Sky Sports! :lol:

Sometimes laugh at how media trained and politically correct people on Reddit Football forums are.

Home of Barca Fans