6 - Gavi

fergus90

Can be easy to win over some football fans just because of the perceived energy and fight.

Seen it with hundreds of other players in the past. Heartbeat of the team etc. In reality just doing everything at 100 mph.

Raketa10

If he has torn his ACL than he'll never be the same. I am afraid if that's the case Gavi will never be as aggressive as he was. Without that he will become an average player. I sincerely hope it's not ACL tear but it looks like it could be.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

By the reaction it looks like the season is over for him. Completely senseless to be the only Spain player to start both matches. Game was completely meaningless as well. Well done.

JamDav1982

Game was to win the Group which Spain would want and he is probably one of the few who didnt play the last weekend of domestic fixtures.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he has torn his ACL than he'll never be the same. I am afraid if that's the case Gavi will never be as aggressive as he was. Without that he will become an average player. I sincerely hope it's not ACL tear but it looks like it could be.

Torn ACLs are not career killers anymore, as long as he doesn't try to come back too early.

Just saw Marca reported it is indeed a torn ACL.

ajnotkeith

Torn ACLs are not career killers anymore, as long as he doesn't try to come back too early.

Just saw Marca reported it is indeed a torn ACL.
An ACL tear at this early age can change your career trajectory.

It doesnt mean its for the worse but it will change what kind of player he is to an extent. It may end up that he becomes less aggressive and headless chicken and focuses more on football. And his injury heals well and they manage to stabilise his reformed ACL.

Or it could be a very bad tear and get constantly reinjured. And he loses athletic ability and adds nothing.
We really don't know yet but it could be very bad or not matter much.

JamDav1982

Plenty come back from ACL and other 'aggresive' players like Roy Keane came back from it and were the same if not better.

If he came back at same level folk would have rose tinted glasses on about what level he was actually at before injured.

ajnotkeith

Plenty come back from ACL and other 'aggresive' players like Roy Keane came back from it and were the same if not better.

If he came back at same level folk would have rose tinted glasses on about what level he was actually at before injured.
Sometimes players change the way they play in response to injuries or physical problems for the better.
Who knows, maybe this long rehab and injury might lead to him refining his style and becoming a bit more mature with the constant needless running. Speculation but it could maybe improve him as much as it damages him.

Home of Barca Fans