3 - Gerard Pique

He's been looking awfully tired lately. Not enough recovery time? :(

this is why we need buy more players to bulk up our squad, our main players have to play way too many matches because we don't have players that can step in to replace them. I would be tired if i was playing as many matches as him

Pique is tired?

I don't think so guys.

He was one of the few players who played well enough against Mallorca.

Actually i could recognize that most of the players were really tired, but Pique kept his form and style.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
One of the things I like about Pique is that you can visibly see his energy, tempo & urgency elevate when the team needs it to be...Sadly, he is often alone in that regard whereby others appear, to me, to be waiting for someone else to raise their game...And for a defender, that's not exactly the one you most want to see doing that...Guess that's why he's a future Captain

Trequartista

The good
was having a good game until he played the winger onside and then scored an own goal by himself,dont think that the first goal was his fault but he almost costed Spain another goal,showed a nice skill with his pass to Villa in the stoppage time though

dalitis8

Banned
this is why we need buy more players to bulk up our squad, our main players have to play way too many matches because we don't have players that can step in to replace them. I would be tired if i was playing as many matches as him

we rely on a few players way too much...they are the best in the world alright...but they can't be playing 60+ games per season(and that is exactly how much they have to play if you take into account international games as well)

...we need some more players for sure...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
was having a good game until he played the winger onside and then scored an own goal by himself,dont think that the first goal was his fault but he almost costed Spain another goal,showed a nice skill with his pass to Villa in the stoppage time though

Yeah, should've ended up being an assist really...Not sure how Villa missed that

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i saw pique, aside from the 2 mistakes he was solid all round. i don't think he'll make two errors like that again, it is very rare.

Milla189

i saw pique, aside from the 2 mistakes he was solid all round. i don't think he'll make two errors like that again, it is very rare.

I too think he played well. The own goal was of course an unfortunate mistake but these things happen sometimes for every player. He's an amazing defender and like Hamzah said, he won't make those kind of mistakes again. :pique:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he played fairly well.

valencia isolated him brilliantly in the first half, really using that double LB tactic to basically give mathieu a 10 yard running start before piqué got into the frame.

puyol's physical decline is really becoming a problem for our defence. he can pull it together for big games, but in the 80 yards between the boxes he's becoming a liability. we need gabi to maintain fitness, or to promote muniesa/gomez/etc. because we need to replace el capitan sooner rather than later.

Home of Barca Fans