23 - Jules Kounde

El Gato

Villarato!
RM, unless budgeting for Mbappe and transfer doesn’t happen, has no money and must sell current assets to afford players. Latest word was Varane doesn’t want to extend and his deal is till 2022 so he might be one to go if the English pay up.

khaled_a_d

From the infos I have, it should be a fight between RM and Liverpool for him. Pep also loves him and he called him directly a few months ago, but City's defense seems to be set for now.

Klopp is a huge fan and they want to get him, but Kounde would rather stay in Spain and he'd really love joining Madrid, even Lopetegui is predicting him a great future there. Barca is interested, and of course he would love it too, but it seems completely impossible financially at that point.

Other than City, non of those can afford what Seville want.
I think he will probably end up staying another year, or go to the city of Manchester

vuji_31

Hope so he does not go to RM.

They are also in bad situation as we. Manchester United , City or Liverpool (maybe Chelsea) could be his realistic destinations. Or maybe Bayern if they don't sign Upamecano.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Outstanding but I can't see him ending up at Barca. Pep for some reason (fee?) aborted pursuit last summer and shifted towards Dias but he ticks most boxes apart from his height of 1.77m

I believe he will end up at RM

Last edited:

Messi983

If it's any consolation, it took Bordeaux a while to get used to his height too. When he was 16 he was played as a RB because everybody thought he was too short to suceed as a CB. It took a bunch of injuries from the first team's starting CB's to give him a spot in this position, but as soon as he played there he became a no-brainer. Goes to show how a player's career can be decided on luck sometimes. I mean, he's also pretty good as a RB (and he still plays there sometimes for Sevilla), but he really shines as a CB.

And yeah, crazy expensive. Bought for 20 millions 18 months ago, he was one of Sevilla's most expensive signing and one of Bordeaux's most expensive sale too, after Malcom and Gourcuff. So it's pretty obvious he's not gonna go for cheap unfortunately. Apparently Man Utd would be willing to pay 60-70 millions to get him this summer. I'd rather see him stay in spain though but at this price, I guess only english teams will be able to afford him.

Tbh I think he would be a great RB.

But he'll soon become a world class (if he isn't already) CB so no doubt where he should play.

If we wouldn't be broken I wouldn't think twice paying 70m or whatever it would take to get him.

Messi983

He was linked to them as a possible Ramos's replacement many times and now when it looks Ramos is out of the club with a foot and a half it makes even more sense for them to go after Kounde. He's also French so another reason people think he might end up there.

His price is what might keep him away from Madrid, at least this summer though. Perez is financially more responsible than Bartomeu, they're renovating Bernabeu so probably not likely for them to make any big money signings before 2022.

TBH I hope Monchi will hold onto Kounde for another year (which could hopefully give us a chance to get him next year). If they'll have to sell someone it could be Diego Carlos who is older but they could also easily get around 40m for him from an EPL club. YEN and Ocampos are obvious candidates to be sold for pretty big money as well so it might not be so far fetched to expect them to keep Kounde unless someone will pay his release clause. Don't know how high that clause is for sure though. I've seen most reports saying it's 75m but some also said it's 90m. Either way as good as he already is and as great as I believe he'll become in coming years that's still a very big money for a CB in these times.

OTOH I'm sure Monchi already has some possible replacements lined up from Ligue 1 or elsewhere in case Kounde leaves and for that kind of money he could bring 5-6 quality players who would further improve overall quality and depth of their squad. So maybe instead of paying big money (which we don't have) for Kounde we should ask Monchi who he plans to replace him with and go after that player instead. :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
He should grow some facial hair

db83f8cd85af298994686290a4d100e8c8-29-Samuel-L-Jackson.rsocial.w1200.jpg

Joan

OTOH I'm sure Monchi already has some possible replacements lined up from Ligue 1 or elsewhere in case Kounde leaves and for that kind of money he could bring 5-6 quality players who would further improve overall quality and depth of their squad. So maybe instead of paying big money (which we don't have) for Kounde we should ask Monchi who he plans to replace him with and go after that player instead. :lol:

:lenglet: + 40 mil :p

serghei

He's not worth 80m imo. These prices are absurd. Didn't we pay 80m. for De Jong who was named the best midfielder in the Champions League that season? This guy is relatively unproven at the top.

soul24rage

He's not worth 80m imo. These prices are absurd. Didn't we pay 80m. for De Jong who was named the best midfielder in the Champions League that season? This guy is relatively unproven at the top.

Inb4 Kounde is named best defender in the CL this season :valverde:

Joan

The prices are going up despite the setback. In short time, you'll need to rely on great scouting plus talking players into signing early contracts for big clubs to get such guys for cheap. Also think 80m would be too much, for us at least, but soon enough, 80 might seem like a jackpot.

serghei

The prices are going up despite the setback. In short time, you'll need to rely on great scouting plus talking players into signing early contracts for big clubs to get such guys for cheap. Also think 80m would be too much, for us at least, but soon enough, 80 might seem like a jackpot.

I've been proposing this model for a long time because the pattern got out of hand and dangerous financially. Look at that list with the net loss on transfers. Bayern is nowhere on that list because they don't splash 80m+ whenever they need a starter.

Who is on that list? Oil clubs like City and PSG who pour money into the club with all sorts of fake contracts. Ultra-rich United, and Barca of course. How many CLs have we won in the last 10 years (2021 included)? 1 fucking CL. With numerous embarrassments.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans