14 - Javier Mascherano

Darko

still not impressed with his positional sense,better teams will exploit his inability to stay in line with the rest of the defense

GiantKiller

Masch had a good game. There were two particular instances that I remember. In the first one, he covered perfectly for Puyol, as the latter moved out to the RB zone during a counter, and quite convincingly headed the ball clear. In the second one, as the back line was retreating again during a counter, he stepped up and held his ground instead of continuing to move toward the opponent. It was a better decision because if you're charging in, there's always a chance that you concede a foul in a dangerous position or you mess up and once you do, it's very difficult to get back which has happened with him a few times.

So, there were some encouraging signs in his game. :O

He's the absolute tackle master!

tumblr_m1xqpdSW5k1qflhv9o1_250.gif

Last edited:
J

jiopi

I think he loves those last second tackles little bit too much, but he's probably one of the best if not the best tackler today's game. Should improve his positional play though.

hendryrusli

This guy is a beast. Although he's made some defending errors, I'm happy with his performance so far. Good purchase and what I like him is he can rotate between DMC and CB

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Definitely and I agree, he played very well - complete with timely interceptions, surging runs forward and passes to initiate attacks

catalan force

Someone post/make a video of all his awesome interceptions and tackles during his time at Barca. Compilation or something. He has been immense for us. There has to be some vid of him.

Home of Barca Fans