14 - Javier Mascherano

Richard.H

Masch deal already done? Where did you guys get this news from? All I saw was Goal.com saying Liverpool rejected a 20 mill bid for him.

Chainsaw

Killahead
There is one thing I just don't understand with Barca board. Their persuit of two players who are starting materials for the postions that are filled in Barca with starting materials. Really where did they want to put Fabregas in the team or Mascherano?! I still wonder. Mascherano is a DM/CM which is filled by Basquet and Xavi. So who has to sit on the bench? The things are even worse with Fabregas case. His place is filled with Xavi and Iniesta in the team. Even if you could neflect Sergio for Mascherano there is no way you could neglect Xavi and Iniesta for the sake of other players. Fabregas could be the worst signing of them all and I'm happy the deal went off. Barca board are better to look for the worthy back-ups which is what the team actually needs, not mouth-watering expensive un-needed players.

JAMAIN

Mascherano is close. The insurance policy that adds depth and steel to the midfield. Great signing considering we have lost Toure and Marquez this Summer.
This is going to be another long season with lots of games, coming off of a world cup year where a lot of our players featured. Whoever says Mascherano is not needed or that we should rush a B teamer for this position does not want Barca to win football games in Europe and Spain.

In my opinion we can humbly be considered title favorites (despite Mourinho) and European Cup favorites with this signing barring injuries.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Our bid is €19 Millions and Liverpool wants €25 millions and the deal would be as good as done? Let's wait and see...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Mascherano is close. The insurance policy that adds depth and steel to the midfield. Great signing considering we have lost Toure and Marquez this Summer.
This is going to be another long season with lots of games, coming off of a world cup year where a lot of our players featured. Whoever says Mascherano is not needed or that we should rush a B teamer for this position does not want Barca to win football games in Europe and Spain.

In my opinion we can humbly be considered title favorites (despite Mourinho) and European Cup favorites with this signing barring injuries.

It all comes down to whether he gets enough minutes to satisfy him and I think he will. As you point out we're coming off the back of a world cup and Iniesta especially will need to be handled very carefully to avoid injuries at key times. The competition for all three midfielders will be very beneficial to the team and from a stylistic point of view I think he'll be a good fit and add some extra muscle in midfield.

Home of Barca Fans