Samuel Umtiti

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very shaky. I guess Masch isn't 100% as starting at San Mames can be a nightmare for newbies.
Good experience for him though.

jairzinho

Wise move by Lucho to pull him out with the yellow. He wasn't playing dangerously to be sent off, but a red would have shattered his confidence, besides Masch experience is better in a game like that.

God Serena

You could see he didn't have to deal with insane pressing like that in France.

Yeah, it led to an extreme over reliance on passing the ball to Mats. He just needs to calm it down a bit and look for an open man before the ball gets to him, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

Total-Football

fuck me if that performance was shaky .. taking "high expectations" to a whole different level :lol:.. yes , at times he did hesitate and prefered to handle the initiative to Pique .. but he showed 0 panic with the ball , that's a virtue Lord Vermaleen never showed even during the short period when he was injuree free. he coorrdinated well with the left back , the keeper , pique and busquets .. rarely missed a pass , he even rolled with the ball forward provoking a yellow in the process .. once he settles i'm damn sure he would share the playmaking responsability with pique , and opposed to the latter , i see in him the type of defender to sprint during conter attacks , something we missed since the puyol era . it's easy to spot quality , and finally we have a great defender we can count on when needed.

xXKonan

San Mamés is a hell of a place to get your first away game for Barcelona.

Umtiti had an up and down game but it's good game for him to learn from his mistakes to deal with High Pressure situations and to gain overall more experience for us.

Altomonte

overall, a great new team member, and he seems to fit in well. It shows that he likes playing the Barça way. Just has to learn keeping his arms closer to the body when facing a shot /pass ...

Professor Chaos

Good performance. He has to stop waving hands around. Second yellow for that in couple of games. Subbed off? I guess because of yellow card and Lahoz who likes to sent off players. Mascherano had one aerial duel, lost it, fouled and caused dangerous free-kick, almost scored. Umtiti is a beast in the air.

FC B

Yeah, it led to an extreme over reliance on passing the ball to Mats. He just needs to calm it down a bit and look for an open man before the ball gets to him, but I'm sure that'll come with time.

+1

It was a very good and also tough test for him, I'm sure he'll adapt more and more till he won't be afraid to pass it under pressure to other teammates other than Stegen and Alba.

Home of Barca Fans