Samuel Umtiti

Porque

Clubs knew we are broke and had no leverage when we sold Coutinho for 20M, Griezmann for 25M etc.
Umtiti was dead money for 5 years. He isn't even a desirable player.
Other than Neves (Mendes) and Chelsea players' (they are partners with Boehly) Saudi had low balled clubs. Even Brozovic sale is stalled as they don't want to pay Inter much.
I mean Real Madrid just did the same with Hazard.

Madrid had Mariano too, so it is not an issue exclusive to us, but certainly seems to happen to us on average alot more often.

What's the link between Saudi and Boehly btw? I read they shared some investments/business interests but to what extent? Perez and even Bartomeu had business interests in ME so it is not something so abnormal for global players. Laporta is even connected to Lim through connecting together in Malaysia around a decade ago.

khaled_a_d

Madrid had Mariano too, so it is not an issue exclusive to us, but certainly seems to happen to us on average alot more often.

What's the link between Saudi and Boehly btw? I read they shared some investments/business interests but to what extent? Perez and even Bartomeu had business interests in ME so it is not something so abnormal for global players. Laporta is even connected to Lim through connecting together in Malaysia around a decade ago.
AFAIK, Chelsea was purchased by clearlake capital. Boehly is part of that and is the club chairman but he doesn't own it entirely same way Roman did. Clearlake is investment fund, with 72B or so of assets they manage. And apparently PIF has stakes in it. Some claim Clearlake manage their assets, others that PIF owns part of it.
EPL clubs were concerned about it, but it was dismissed.
--------
How many player did we mutually terminate their contracts? There is retirees like Alba obviously, there is youth like Kays, but those are normal practice.
The other 3 is Braithwaite, Pjanic and now Umtiti.
Fail to see whom may have been actually sold for fee. RM simply just had less deadweight than ours.
Braithwaite might have landed us 2-4M if he was on a very low wage I would imagine but he wasn't. Pjanic was bad in Turkish league.

------------

Regarding Umtiti, in January 2022 he had 18 month left in contract as it was till June 30th 2023 (today) , he signed a renewal till 2026 with announcement from Alemany that we aren't paying him any extra. So essentially his 1.5 year salary was spread on 4.5 years. There was a rumour we had termination clause that we pay him rest of contract and he leaves in summer 2023 (again, today).
1.5 years has passed. 3 years left. That means his 2022/2023 salary of his original contract was due date.
I wonder what is the deal here. I doubt he gets full money tbh as it destroys our salary cap. Put more pressure on the new season instead of spreading it. So the termination clause isn't triggered.

Is Umtiti getting an offer he is willing to forgive money for? Lyon is interested it seems, Gulf countries? Is he taking some money for next year or next 3 years?

M3ls

Well, obviously, he wouldn't have left all the money just like that. There are two options here: - either we agree to give a conditional 50 percent immediately, provided that the contract is terminated. - or he has a solid offer from Saudi Arabia. And he has a long-term contract with us - we say - Okay, you can leave for free, but we do not give you money. If he leaves for Saudi Arabia, then know that the second option worked, otherwise the first.

Kul_z

Word in the streets the bum didn't let go of one single due euro. Barca paid the rest of his due wages in full
As much of a bum he is, i dont see why would he. It was offered to him. Lets hope from now on club learned the lesson. No matter how much of a prospect/potential/already a world class player someone is, a simple fuck off is worth more then anything this/that guy offer. We aint striking Messi- like soon again. Fuck em all

Messi983

The French footballer Samuel Umtiti has had to withdraw this Tuesday from the match between LOSC Lille and Reims at half time for a blow to the head during the first half.

The coach, Paulo Fonseca, has replaced him with Alexsandro. Umtiti did not pass the concussion protocol, and could not return to the pitch after the break. The blow came in the 34th minute of the match, with Junya Ito.

On Prime Video's microphone he added: "He's in the hospital now. You have a bruise. I don't know any more but he won't be able to play the next match." According to the network, Umtiti is out of danger.

Home of Barca Fans