Samuel Umtiti

Newcomer

15 year career for only WC? I don't know. A lot of wasted potential.

A World Cup cements a legacy. Even the benchwarmers in 1998 WC win of France have a certain status. They are WC winners.

Umtiti has already got a good career and earned good contract at Barça. Even if he doesn't recover his old level, he will still be wanted by some english club and earn a lot due to being a Barça player and French national team player. He has done the right choice imo securing that WC.

xXKonan

You could watch Umtiti and you will see he doesn't look like he's at 100% at all.

The way he runs and moves around he looks like he's afraid of going full bore now. He says he's confident and smiles in training but it seems he doesn't have confidence in his own body in games as he plays in fear that going full bore will re-injure his knee again.

gregorrin10

EDKFiaKXYAYvGGC.jpg

Dropped by France.

Club career finished.
National career finished.

Absolutely rightfully dropped. France probably has the most amazing pool of CBs to choose from, don't know why they would call up a guy, who's clearly too stubborn for his own good and hasn't played regularly for a year now. I guess 'being in the WC squad' effect has finally wore off.

Here's to hoping this will finally wake him the fuck up and make him decide to get better, even if it does mean surgery. Since the national team seems to be a priority for him anyway. :coffee:

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

A World Cup cements a legacy. Even the benchwarmers in 1998 WC win of France have a certain status. They are WC winners.

Umtiti has already got a good career and earned good contract at Barça. Even if he doesn't recover his old level, he will still be wanted by some english club and earn a lot due to being a Barça player and French national team player. He has done the right choice imo securing that WC.

It cements a legacy for great players. We wouldn't be talking about Maradona today if he didn't win it. He would be the troubled guy who could have been so much more.

World cup is especially important for the great players imo

ronniecro

It cements a legacy for great players. We wouldn't be talking about Maradona today if he didn't win it. He would be the troubled guy who could have been so much more.

World cup is especially important for the great players imo

it cements legacy,period. greater players have more exposure from it but less known players or subs are not worth less than them. Petar Krpan is still labeled as 3rd place winner with our national team even though he played like 14 mins back in 98

cro-man

Wasting his career and health for one trophy at such young years is the most stupid thing you can do.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Wasting his career and health for one trophy at such young years is the most stupid thing you can do.

Well at least he won it so i don't think he regrets it. But imagine him potentially fucking up his whole career just to lose in quarter finals or something.

Newcomer

No it doesn’t. Nobody really remembers guys like Howedes or Capdevilla and Umtiti’s club career will be even less impressive than theirs at this rate.

I'm french, so is Umtiti and i can tell you that 1998 WC winners are all very well respected. They all got jobs or are in the media even if totally inept just because they have that status.

Maybe it doesn't work like that in Germany or in Spain, i dunno. But in France, they are well respected. And Umtiti was an important part in that win.

Also, Deschamps is quite loyal and will call him back eventually. Zouma is a total fraud, he will get drop soon.

Home of Barca Fans