Samuel Umtiti

Sorin

Umtiti was a starter and scored the winning goal against Belgium in the semi finals. How tf are people comparing Capdevilla or Howedes contribution and impact to their national teams with what Umtiti did for France?

I get that people are pissed at him but have some perspective ffs. He had an absolutely great WC and 2 years ago the guy was top 3 CB in the world. To compare him with middling squad players is stupid.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
People who don’t give a fuck about France in the slightest, like me, got all the reasons in the world to be upset at him. I can understand why he did what he did, yes, but I still hate him for it and want him far away from this club. What good did his WC do for me and my club?

Vilarrubi

Umtiti was a starter and scored the winning goal against Belgium in the semi finals. How tf are people comparing Capdevilla or Howedes contribution and impact to their national teams with what Umtiti did for France?

I get that people are pissed at him but have some perspective ffs. He had an absolutely great WC and 2 years ago the guy was top 3 CB in the world. To compare him with middling squad players is stupid.

Umtiti was great in the World Cup but calling Capdevila a squad player is just wrong. He played every single game except one group game in the 2008 Euros and played every single minute of the 2010 World Cup, he just wasn’t a big name and people forget about him with Xavi/Iniesta/Torres/Villa in the team.

Sorin

Umtiti was great in the World Cup but calling Capdevila a squad player is just wrong. He played every single game except one group game in the 2008 Euros and played every single minute of the 2010 World Cup, he just wasn’t a big name and people forget about him with Xavi/Iniesta/Torres/Villa in the team.

Ok, he was solid granted. Still, he was the weakest link in Spain's squad by far. That is not an opinion, that is fact.

Newcomer

People who don’t give a fuck about France in the slightest, like me, got all the reasons in the world to be upset at him. I can understand why he did what he did, yes, but I still hate him for it and want him far away from this club. What good did his WC do for me and my club?

You are right about this.

I have the same feelings about Neymar rushing his recovery for Brazil and fucking PSG season afterwards.

But from the player perspective, it is a no brainer.

CatalinR10

This.

Not to mention he's a penaldo asslicker and celebrates when he scores against his own teammates. He should be shown the back door.

Alik

It's not like if he would have had the surgery there would be any guarantees of him returning to former glory anyway.

abbbs97

Should be sold asap. He's blocking the path of Todibo, a much better CB than him. Todibo has refused to go to PSG for his love for Barca yet we have Umtiti here going against doctors orders for selfish reasons. I know who I want to be sold.

xXKonan

Amazes me how he's still managed to be third choice here after what we have seen since he got back and Preseason.

Fuck the experience bullshit, what good does it do when he isn't at a good enough level right now to be behind Pique and Lenglet. Another case of not looking at the present and instead of relying on his reputation before he suffered those injuries.

Amazes me how he's still managed to be third choice here after what we have seen since he got back and Preseason.

Fuck the experience bullshit, what good does it do when he isn't at a good enough level right now to be behind Pique and Lenglet. Another case of not looking at the present and instead of relying on his reputation before he suffered those injuries.

We should have gone for Rugani/Demiral on loan but that won't happen after Chielini's injury now

Marshall D Teach

And to top it off, despite the club being willing to work with him on the injury issues, he's basically told them to fuck off by continually refusing the surgery.

clemente

What kind of bullshit post is this, who else should be there over him? And do you expect him just to go back to his peak after not playing for a season?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I'm frustrated at the club failing to convince the player about the need for surgery last year as well as the player himself. Nothing tops, however, the Neymar pursuit over De Ligt for me

Alik

What kind of bullshit post is this, who else should be there over him? And do you expect him just to go back to his peak after not playing for a season?

Not back to his peak but at least provide better performances than Todibo.

He has played 10 matches since he came back from injury and nothing suggests that he is improving.

Until then, he should be 4th CB.

Home of Barca Fans