Samuel Umtiti

Pepe Silvia

Anyone know the situation with Umtiti? Last I heard he replaced Laporte, but I didn't see him with Lenglet or Griezmann. How's his knee holding up any word?

Tackle

ED8xjE6X4AIryZ_.jpg

How finished is this player?

We will be lucky to get 80m combined from Arsenal next summer for the packaged sale of Umtiti + Dembele.

Messigician

Umtiti: "I really forced my knee during the World Cup, but now I am world champion. In life you have to make decisions and I don't regret the choice."

Umtiti: "Part of Neymar's deal? It's crazy. It made me laugh, I don't even have an answer. My dream has always been to play at Barça."

"Arsenal rumours? Honestly, I don't know where these came from. I don't know if they had conversations with my agent, I just told my agent that I didn't care what was happening this summer, and that it wasn't even necessary to talk to me about it."

Newcomer

Umtiti: "I really forced my knee during the World Cup, but now I am world champion. In life you have to make decisions and I don't regret the choice."

Umtiti: "Part of Neymar's deal? It's crazy. It made me laugh, I don't even have an answer. My dream has always been to play at Barça."

"Arsenal rumours? Honestly, I don't know where these came from. I don't know if they had conversations with my agent, I just told my agent that I didn't care what was happening this summer, and that it wasn't even necessary to talk to me about it."
Happy for him. He gambled but he achieved his dreams : World Champion and playing at Barça.

Am I the only one pissed of at This? Barca pays his wages and paid good money to get him. Ferguson used to make Utd legends fake injury when internationals came around. I suspect this would not have been allowed elsewhere, certainly the player would be too scared to openly admit it.

abbbs97

So he confirmed that he risked his career at 24 to play in the World Cup. I mean, yes it worked out for him in the end (if you could call it that) but what if he didnt win the world cup? What a reckless and selfish decision by Umtiti. Should've been sold in the summer while his value is still high. We would be lucky to get even 50m if he ever leaves at this point.

KingLeo10

was one of the chief actors in derailing our 17/18 season (biggest was still Valmierda) with his contract demands in the middle of the season

then goes on to terminally damage his knee despite the club's advice and expects to 'recuperate' on the club's dime while turning in worse performances so far this season than even Phil Jones.

absolute idiot and should be removed ASAP.

xXKonan

Cat Radio Journalist Jordi Bouda asked the question on why did we renew him especially when we bought Lenglet as well.

While I get why people are frustrated and mad at Umtiti there was a time that it made sense to renew him as he was performing great before he started to suffer those bad injuries and poor form. We made a choice that seemed like a good idea at the time but sometimes shit goes wrong as it did here.

Home of Barca Fans