Liga Round 8: Barca - Sevilla 1-0

Horatio

You're welcome
True. This is likely the reason top class teams are very patient with their kids. It's tough to handle not your initial season when it's pure adrenaline, but subsequent followings.

At Dortmund you get 3-5 years of low pressure. Ok, make that 10, but anyway, you get the picture. At Barca, after one season, they give you number 10, new Messi, new Iniesta status, and the pressure kicks in big time.
To elaborate: young player displays a way of playing in debut and is well received. So he focuses on keep doing things that he has been praised for. Second season is when young player has to figure out in what way he wants to keep developing. So choices made. Frustration kicks in if development does not turn out way he wanted. Guidance of course is important as well

JamDav1982

Fermin as said looks like some kind of midfield Tevez.

AM probably suits him as the lad fucking goes for anything that moves.

That wee nutmeg was class.

Co0ter

We did, but they created jackshit. Apart from one really great ball into the box after a fabulous play (the one that Kounde cleared).
Just because they didn't capitalize on our coach making a bad change and us losing control of the game doesn't make it any less of a bad call.

ajnotkeith

1) he's way more than a solid little player 😂
2) he was always an important member of the team.
What would you say he is relative to the team?
I don't think he is better than De Jong, Pedri or Gundogan, but I think he's solid for the team.

JamDav1982

I don't think he is better than De Jong, Pedri or Gundogan, but I think he's solid for the team.

He was the 4th best mid last season and barely in top 10 players in team is the reality.

Looks better this and had to be.

Andresito

Staff member
xG 2.28, felt like 3+. We got to score our chances, against better team we get max 1-2 chances (like Bayern away last year). It’s going to be costly if as wasteful as last games.

M3ls

He's physically really special.
I like Fermin in position 8 much more than Pedri.

He is constantly aiming for goal, he constantly pushes the ball forward, his passing quality is as good as Pedri's and his shot is better.
In addition, he surpasses Pedri in all speed parameters.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Second half was fun and we had a couple of good plays and just missed. But Fermin my man, great today!

mc_lovin

I like Fermin in position 8 much more than Pedri.

He is constantly aiming for goal, he constantly pushes the ball forward, his passing quality is as good as Pedri's and his shot is better.
In addition, he surpasses Pedri in all speed parameters.
What's the point here? That Fermin is better than Pedri? :lol:

jamrock

He's just as important as all of those players.

Who is or isn't better, doesn't matter, but in his correct position, which will be tough once everyone is fit, as I've said many times, he's just as important as them all, different does not mean deficient.

Fundamental to the team, will never be dropped or benched ever outside of resting him.

Way more than a "solid" player.

Home of Barca Fans