Liga Round 8: Barca - Sevilla 1-0

mc_lovin

Take out the threat on wing, put in a DM who is slow and immobile and mediocre on the ball = Sevilla knowing they don't have to defend at all and go into full attack without us being able to control or stop it. Another misreading of the game by Xavi.
I mean they had one good play and otherwise nada.

serghei

I think it has to do with this:

Young player proves himself in debut. -> pressure is taken off and public becomes forgiving if he makes mistakes. Then in 2nd season young player feels pressure to develop his game and encounters trouble doing so.

True. This is likely the reason top class teams are very patient with their kids. It's tough to handle not your initial season when it's pure adrenaline, but subsequent followings.

At Dortmund you get 3-5 years of low pressure. Ok, make that 10, but anyway, you get the picture. At Barca, after one season, they give you number 10, new Messi, new Iniesta status, and the pressure kicks in big time.

Co0ter

We absolutely lost control of the midfield and game after the change, if you didn't notice that then I don't know what else to say really.

JamDav1982

Should have scored more.

Fair fucks to Fermin. Played well.

Christensen and Gundo probably other two.

Ferran with good ball when came on.

Balde was awful as was Lewa.

BJJ

Absolute dross once again from Xavi. As a manager he isn't improving and neither are the players.

Xavi out!

mc_lovin

We absolutely lost control of the midfield and game after the change, if you didn't notice that then I don't know what else to say really.
We did, but they created jackshit. Apart from one really great ball into the box after a fabulous play (the one that Kounde cleared).

Co0ter

Gavi is developing into a solid little player. His awareness is getting a lot better and he's becoming an important part of the team.
He has definitely been looking better the last few games, hope it continues going forward.

Fermin has a profile that we have lacked. An AM type player who is always looking to get involved. If he continues to improve he could become a very important squad/rotational player for us.

BJJ

Should have scored more.

Fair fucks to Fermin. Played well.

Christensen and Gundo probably other two.

Ferran with good ball when came on.

Balde was awful as was Lewa.
Fermin was great.

Lewa is finished.

Too slow to react to anything.

Home of Barca Fans