Liga Round 8: Barca - Sevilla 1-0

serghei

If he makes these players deliver titles in style... man he's even greater than I anticipated. And you were even more wrong.

Imagine what he'd do with superstars like De Bruyne, Haaland, Rodri...

Barcelonista001

New signing
I just saw the highlights
We got lucky with the Gavi (or cancelo) blocking that goal without the ball touching his arms 😓
And joao fermin couldve scored there
Also our goal
I do hope we improve fast

JamDav1982

If he makes these players deliver titles in style... man he's even greater than I anticipated. And you were even more wrong.

Nah you claimed... Xavi is 'fooled'.. 'believing in delusions'.... 'attempting to play like pound shop City'

While saying Barca wont win anything.

Usual from the Xavi hater.

Until went 1-0 and 'only joking lads' then back to being 'Barca may win and its miracles from Xavi if do'.

Usual.

ajnotkeith

Serghei thinks the team starting 6 wins 2 draws 0 losses is evidence the squad is shit hahahaha. Absolute mental delusion.

ajnotkeith

Nah you are just arbitrarily setting your own standards about our players without giving real reason for it or explaining how Madrid's squad is so much better.

Its ok that you like Xavi, he is doing a good job but has a lot to improve on. But I don't know why your support of him has to include shitting on all our players, our squad, our institution and the transfer business we did, when the squad is one of the best in Europe in fact.

delancey

He’d park them on the touchline 🤣

ajnotkeith

You criticise JamDav for mental gymnastics and trying to be right on both sides but you already have all your responses set up :

If team does shite : Players are terrible, fans pressured Xavi to change the system, not his fault, we spent 3m, overrated overhyped youth players, can't spend hundreds of millions

If team does good : Xavi is so amazing that he won things in spite of our terrible squad and I'm still right

You wont put your neck on the line and say Xavi should be criticised in any case. You unconditionally defend him.

Hes doing a good job getting the most out of the players but still has a lot to improve yet.

JamDav1982

'Like Xavi' while saying he cant win and calling him fooled/delusionsl and trying to play like pound shop City...

He is about as negative about Xavi as anyone on here.

ajnotkeith

'Like Xavi' while saying he cant win and calling him fooled/delusionsl and trying to play like pound shop City...

He is about as negative about Xavi as anyone on here.
Part of a wider argument he is preparing to make that the toxic fans and toxic media forced him to change tactics and that hes being stifled by a bad environment if we do bad.

lucas24

xG 2.28, felt like 3+. We got to score our chances, against better team we get max 1-2 chances (like Bayern away last year). It’s going to be costly if as wasteful as last games.
xG is only counted when a shot is taken. Lewandowski had 2-3 situations where he get a great pass, but Sevilla defender caught up him and kicked ball away. The chance from about 30 min was one-on-one with the goalie, it was ~0.5 xg. Barca offensive power this season compared to last season is like heaven to earth.

FinBarcelonafan

Pedri is more talented but that doesn't mean he's the better player in every situation of the game. Fermin did a lot of good things today that Pedri wouldn't have done. I especially like that Fermin is more aggressive in his off the ball movement.

Exactly. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sailor Mars

This squad is good but not top tier to be among the favourites for CL.

GK- best in the world.

CBs- top tier. Good depth.

Fullbacks- pretty good with additional of Cancelo. Depth is an issue.

Midfield- No DM(ie Zubimendi for Xavi). Pedri always injured. Xavi should thank the gods that FDJ stayed.
Work in progress.

Frontline- Lewandowski is done after just 0.5 season. Torres and Raphinha are wastes of money at their prices by Xavi and the board. Lamine is 16. Felix flopped at Atleti and Chelsea.
Frontline needs work.

Home of Barca Fans