Liga Round 8: Barca - Sevilla 1-0

Andresito

Staff member
Damn these games come in fast. Is it because of the Euros coming up in the summer?
Nah, just bad scheduling with La Liga wanting us in that Friday time which we'll see more of this season. Could've easily played on Saturday or even Sunday as our next game is on Wednesday.

But I guess we'll be well rested for Porto, 4 days rest after Sevilla.

Porque

Good test tonight. Sevilla had a good game last time out.

Catalan media say Cancelo has asked for a rest after 4 or so games in 11 (or so) days and without much of a pre season.

That gives Xavi a lovely set of problems against the Sevilla widemen and with our defensive casualties.

Balde to RB?
Start one of Bob or Malonso out wide?
Araujo to RB?

Lewandowski back to the 11 is a good thing, given Ferran mini-flop after a start. Well, he has been decent these last two games (though a dip from early season and pre-season) but you can't miss one-on-ones in successive games and get another start.

Think it's time to re-introduce Lamine to the first 11 personally, if only to take the creative burden off of Felix and give a bit more variation in attack.

Andresito

Staff member
If Cancelo is rested I think we'll see all three of Kounde, Chris and Araujo start. I would prefer Kounde at RB but Xavi prefers Araujo there.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't mind to see Fermin in midfield. Or Rafinha. Any re-shufle to bench Oriol really

Porque

Sport have us at this lineup.

ba92c525-c5b3-4643-adfe-b6ead14e9a6e_media-libre-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Just about thr worst defence and midfield you can play from that selection of players :lol:

Don't expect this to start at all.

TheStig

I am afraid Xavi will again do the same with Araujo. He played him in the summer as a RB right after returning from injury. Very smart to have an injury prone CB sprinting up and down the wing right afer returning from injury. Kounde cried in the media that he wants to play CB and now Xavi doesn't have the balls to put him there for 1 game.

JamDav1982

Cancelo hasnt been great last two games. Very erratic and it is contributing how easily cut through Barca are when he goes into midfield and gives away ball that much as well as not great positionally.

On ball he will always have moments he looks like prime Alves but trying to set a structure in team when he plays as erraticly as last two game is not easy.

As mentioned already... Balde has been poor and asked to play LW and Cancelo has been poor on ball consistently and asked to go into midfield.

Needs more balance.

Home of Barca Fans