Champions League or La Liga + Copa?

• Champions League

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • La Liga + Copa

Votes: 33 33.7%

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Knock Madrid out of CL and win the La Liga... 4 consecutive leagues would put the team in the lines of the dream team.

First win over your home, then you can think about the world... My motto. That's what been taught to me since my childhood.
First try and catch the dream team, then think about breaking the European record. Two CL's in a row, we can still do that in next two years hypothetically... But if we don't win the league this season, it will take at least another 5 years to replicate what the dream team did!!

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
Knock Madrid out of CL and win the La Liga... 4 consecutive leagues would put the team in the lines of the dream team.

First win over your home, then you can think about the country... My motto. That's what been taught to me since my childhood

But if you win the CL for the 3rd time in 4 years, then you have outdone the Dream Team by a factor of 3.

dalitis8

Banned

First win over your home, then you can think about the world... My motto. That's what been taught to me since my childhood.
First try and catch the dream team, then think about breaking the European record. Two CL's in a row, we can still do that in next two years hypothetically... But if we don't win the league this season, it will take at least another 5 years to replicate what the dream team did!!

It's as if you are obsessing over statistics.

Winning the league 4 times in a row is massive achievement no doubt.

But winning the CL back to back and for the 3rd time in 4 is a pan-European record. More universal, and therefore more desirable.

I think most Barca fans would agree with me.

What I find compelling though from the pro-La Liga camp, is that the prospect of relinguishing La Liga to Madrid, and especially to Mourinho is vomit inducing. So, ultimately, we want both trophies pretty badly...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's as if you are obsessing over statistics.

Winning the league 4 times in a row is massive achievement no doubt.

But winning the CL back to back and for the 3rd time in 4 is a pan-European record. More universal, and therefore more desirable.

I think most Barca fans would agree with me.

What I find compelling though from the pro-La Liga camp, is that the prospect of relinguishing La Liga to Madrid, and especially to Mourinho is vomit inducing. So, ultimately, we want both trophies pretty badly...

I'm sure no body would mind both the trophies... Put a gun on my head and force me to choose one of them? I'd choose Liga for the reasons I've explained already

Obsessed about statistics? I probably am... Because, as far as I know, this team has already achieved more than the dream team in every other aspect except for the most consecutive league wins. I'd want them to shatter that record too.

Moreover if Mou doesn't win the league this season... There's every chance he'd move on/fired. That'd be swell

Trillske

So if you win the CL for 3 times in 4 years, you are a big entertainer, a massive showman and not maybe the greatest team ever?

Likewise, Barca and United who always progress to the later stages of the competition, is not that a token of their potency as European powerhouses? Would you consider Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan equal to the aforementioned teams just because they are good domestically?
Yeah its a special case with Barcelona defending the title. You could argue CL gains merit with each year. Lets say a generation of a squad lasts 10 years, if you end up winning 8 of them its not a whole lot of luck anymore.

I didnt vote btw, but from my perspective whatever team of Barca/Real wins the league flips the other one the finger, and shits all over any CL trophy in that regard.

If you ask "what would you rather win three times in a row" im tempted to go for the CL, because it has such a massive international impact.

Birdy

I'm sure no body would mind both the trophies... Put a gun on my head and force me to choose one of them? I'd choose Liga for the reasons I've explained already

an interesting question:
the same context (with the gun) but the choice is between Barca liga- madrid CL or Barca Cl-madrid liga. what would you choose then?

LaMessiah

Liga should always be priority #1! imagine real madrid if they win the liga, hell no I dont want to imagine this scenario!!!!

so I voted for liga + copa, but I'd go for CL and La Liga :D
Yep.. Liga first, always. Then we worry about the other trophies.

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
Supporters of the best team in the world at the moment, arguably one of the best ever, debating which trophy they'd choose to win. That's more closer to insanity than humility.

dalitis8

Banned
bombayblue™;652900 said:
Supporters of the best team in the world at the moment, arguably one of the best ever, debating which trophy they'd choose to win. That's more closer to insanity than humility.

How is that insanity?

Anything other then a 5th CL title will be considered a failure for the current Barca set-up. Man Utd, even, consider their 2 losses to Barca in CL finals to have been disappointments...

Home of Barca Fans