Champions League or La Liga + Copa?

• Champions League

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • La Liga + Copa

Votes: 33 33.7%

• Total voters

dalitis8

Banned
Congrats you are now more annoying than dalitis.

If you channel your hatred/dislike of me, into actually overturning my arguments and proving them incomplete, inconsistent or partial. I would greatly appreciate you.

Repeating that I am annoying, proves precisely nothing, and also makes you sound very bitter and obnoxious.

W

woobie

How is that insanity?

Anything other then a 5th CL title will be considered a failure for the current Barca set-up. Man Utd, even, consider their 2 losses to Barca in CL finals to have been disappointments...

Given the modesty and respect to opponents so frequently displayed by the club's coach and players, can you not understand why people here might find the arrogance in the above statement to be really distasteful?

dalitis8

Banned
Given the modesty and respect to opponents so frequently displayed by the club's coach and players, can you not understand why people here might find the arrogance in the above statement to be really distasteful?

Nope.

And let me explain why.

When we were defeated by Inter in 2010, Pep said after wrapping up the title against Valladolid on the final jornada, that Barcelona owed the fans a CL title. I agreed with those words.

Man United (a lesser team than Pep's Barca) always make it clear that even though they lost to superior opponents, they still feel bitter and disappointed for those CL losses to FC Barcelona.

There is nothing arrogant, or distasteful in one's desire to be the best, or beat the best. Now, someone like Mourinho, then yeah, that is vomit-inducing. But for Barca (even if it is not precisely very wise to openly be stated by players or management) the fact of the matter is that any kind of defeat in the CL, would suck, and it would suck real bad.

:champions:

Chygrinskiy21

Knock Madrid out of CL and win the La Liga... 4 consecutive leagues would put the team in the lines of the dream team.

First win over your home, then you can think about the world... My motto. That's what been taught to me since my childhood.
First try and catch the dream team, then think about breaking the European record. Two CL's in a row, we can still do that in next two years hypothetically... But if we don't win the league this season, it will take at least another 5 years to replicate what the dream team did!!

This team has already surpassed the Dream Team of the early 90s in every imaginable aspect, and even its members openly admit it. But in my opinion, stupid question... A club with the stature of Barcelona should settle for nothing less than everything. I'm not greedy, I just want the four remaining titles! (including the Club World Cup against Neymar FC)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
This team has already surpassed the Dream Team of the early 90s in every imaginable aspect, and even its members openly admit it. But in my opinion, stupid question... A club with the stature of Barcelona should settle for nothing less than everything. I'm not greedy, I just want the four remaining titles! (including the Club World Cup against Neymar FC)
Not really. The Dream Team won 4 league titles in a row, insofar as tangible achievements go. This Barcelona may be more successful but some will still prefer the old side for being the first to win the big cup. It meant everything.

It's why I'll still adore Ronaldinho even if he was a big part of the 07-08 problems we had. Up until '06, people thought we were cursed in the CL! He re-energised the club.

Pep has given us a winning machine, we should all be grateful, but we shouldn't write off the old teams so quickly imo.

dalitis8

Banned
Not really. The Dream Team won 4 league titles in a row, insofar as tangible achievements go. This Barcelona may be more successful but some will still prefer the old side for being the first to win the big cup. It meant everything.

It's why I'll still adore Ronaldinho even if he was a big part of the 07-08 problems we had. Up until '06, people thought we were cursed in the CL! He re-energised the club.

Pep has given us a winning machine, we should all be grateful, but we shouldn't write off the old teams so quickly imo.

I think no one is writing off the old Barca teams. It is just that the current one is so freakin' amazing, and the most graceful and successful of all times. But I agree with you (and have commented on it on the past) that the 1992 triumph is even more iconic than anything Pep's epic team have achieved.

Barcafan 2304

OK, lots of people in here are right to point out that some luck is required to win the freakin' CL.

But it is definitely the most prestigious title in club football by an astronomical margin, and furthermore, to win it 3 times in 4 years, there can be no luck. You are the best team in the world by far. If not of all time.

Give me the CL, hands down.

Yes agree. Ok, i acknowedge and concede the point that luck is involved and at times, the best team has not always won the CL but still, the kudos and importance of winning it still excedes anything else that club football offers.

Put it this way, IMHO, if for arguments sake we win the Primera but Real win the CL in the same season, i'd say they have had the better season and vice-versa.

Chygrinskiy21

I'm not talking about which team was more successful, because in that department there's no question the current team is better. I'm talking about just playing style, and even in that sense it can be said the current team is better. Yeah yeah, the playing styles were different and all, but in a hypothetical head to head with each team at their respective peaks, I have no doubt that the current team would win.
You are talking about significance, and perhaps you are right, Cruyff's dream team still probably has a bigger impact in the club's overall history, but we don't know that yet. There would be no Pep as a coach without Cruyff, and maybe in ten years Barcelona's coach will be, say, Xavi, heavily influenced by Pep, and he might go win 6 Champions League titles in a row. Maybe. Just saying.
But this is a different subject... What I'm saying is that just because the 90s dream team is more significant, for now, does not mean that it was better than today's team.

Home of Barca Fans