Champions League or La Liga + Copa?

Champions League or La Liga + Copa?

• Champions League

Votes: 65 66.3%
  • La Liga + Copa

Votes: 33 33.7%

• Total voters

Barcafan 2304

The thought of Madrid winning La Liga is vomit-inducing on its own, but what is even worse, is the combination of Madrid and Mourinho winning it. As much as I would deplore that happening, the CL is surely the biggest prize and would further cement our position as the best team of all times.

And as much as Madrid and Mou would brag about winning La Liga, Barcelona winning yet another CL, that would bug them (Mourinho and Madrid) even more.

An added bonus, is that by winning CL 2011/12, Barca will have broken a CL record (back-to-back titles) Plus, it would silence foreign critics as well.

So yeah, if we are being honest and objective, winning the CL is the biggest thing. But of course, we should be aiming for both, and can win both as well.

With Dalitis on this one

gingerless

i think you guys should be focusing more on celebrating our success rather than looking at the consequences of failure (because it's less likely :p)

seriously though, who gives a shit about madrid? fuckem

Pepe Silvia

Liga + Copa. Realistically speaking, just because we don't win the CL doesn't mean Real Madrid would. They might, but that is also a stretch considering their strangely fragile mentality in stressful times. Liga + Copa + Spanish SC + ESC + CWC would be very good season. If we don't win CL this year, we would be in a good position to win it next year with the depth of squad that we are enjoying.

El Gato

Villarato!
Fragile moments only against Barca I'd say. We wouldn't be that dodgy if facing United and maybe we shall have a chance to see that. It's just my opinion.

Birdy

@Boyan
You bring us to very uncomfortable position i would say.
Both are not so good...

I vote for the treble of course (like almost everyone i believe) . If this cannot happen then its:
1) La Liga + CL. Like this year. the first trophy to give away for me is the CdR
2) LaLiga + Copa, if and only if Madrid are not winning CL.
3) CL + Copa. I have no illusions there. In that case madrid will win LL of course.
4) just Laliga (with madrid NOT winning CL)
5) just CL
6) just the copa (with madrid NOT winning CL)
7) madrid wins the 10th CL.. Even if we double (Liga + Copa)

Birdy

Why? Win the Primera, your the best in Spain. Win the CL, your the best in Europe.

No, stoke...
We had that debate (I and Estel) versus Beast a long time ago.
Winning CL means or can mean in numerous cases a lot of luck also..
Winning a league is 99% a deserved title. A marathon race that ended with the best..
There is no such marathon for Europe...

Barcafan 2304

No, stoke...
We had that debate (I and Estel) versus Beast a long time ago.
Winning CL means or can mean in numerous cases a lot of luck also..
Winning a league is 99% a deserved title. A marathon race that ended with the best..
There is no such marathon for Europe...

Well if you say so it must be true eh.

Stand by what i said, CL is the pinnacle.

Birdy

Well, in terms of prestige maybe it is..
But, you know..
what i said before..
You cannot say you are the best, because you dont play every team..

Trillske

CL is a huge amount of luck, generally more than a big league title. However, La Ligas degeneration actually changes that a bit. If it gets so bad that the classicos become the only really important games, then you are actually down to a single tie for the title and CL becomes a much bigger task.

I´d still say la liga is the more important title for Barcelona though, so far.

CL is a spectacle. A world party. Its a huge show. But its more about entertainment than merit.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Win the CL, your the best in Europe.
In theory, maybe.

But it's never always the case. Liverpool in '05, Milan in '07, Inter in '10. Just from the last 5 or 6 years.

If you win the league, you are the best team in your country, undoubtedly. But cup competitions are different.

dalitis8

Banned
CL is a huge amount of luck, generally more than a big league title. However, La Ligas degeneration actually changes that a bit. If it gets so bad that the classicos become the only really important games, then you are actually down to a single tie for the title and CL becomes a much bigger task.

I´d still say la liga is the more important title for Barcelona though, so far.

CL is a spectacle. A world party. Its a huge show. But its more about entertainment than merit.

So if you win the CL for 3 times in 4 years, you are a big entertainer, a massive showman and not maybe the greatest team ever?

Likewise, Barca and United who always progress to the later stages of the competition, is not that a token of their potency as European powerhouses? Would you consider Borussia Dortmund and AC Milan equal to the aforementioned teams just because they are good domestically?

dalitis8

Banned
Why? Win the Primera, your the best in Spain. Win the CL, your the best in Europe.

OK, lots of people in here are right to point out that some luck is required to win the freakin' CL.

But it is definitely the most prestigious title in club football by an astronomical margin, and furthermore, to win it 3 times in 4 years, there can be no luck. You are the best team in the world by far. If not of all time.

Give me the CL, hands down.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans