Yuri Zhirkov

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I wish it was Wednesday already so we could confirm the deal, don't want him to be taken from under our nose.

S

Snyde

Fuck it. Why are we such idiots in the transfer market? He'd be a steal at that price. Not just that he's openly said many times he wants to play for us even though other teams were closer.

Guardian

According to the Russian press Yuri signed contract with Chelsea six months ago, not a surprise considering the good business relationship between abramovich and the Cska Moscow owners (in fact Roman owns them). There was no chance of signing Zhirkov, he was a Chelsea player way before CSKA decided to sell him.

ryuken

I am wondering bout that as well, why do we focused on Fillipe and after got rejected by them we still didnt consider Zhirkov as an option

S

Snyde

According to the Russian press Yuri signed contract with Chelsea six months ago, not a surprise considering the good business relationship between abramovich and the Cska Moscow owners (in fact Roman owns them). There was no chance of signing Zhirkov, he was a Chelsea player way before CSKA decided to sell him.

Hmm...that makes sense but he kept calling us out, so surely he had hopes of signing with us?

Guardian

One year ago he wanted to go to Spain, he likes the Spanish weather, attacking style of football and all and his dream and desire was going to Barcelona or Real. Real also need a left back but uncle Roman has the last word here. He appointed papa Carlo as manager, then asked him whether he wanted that boy Yuri, papa Carlo said yes and uncle Roman ordered Zhirkov to pack his bag and take the airplane to London. Typical russian story.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Fuck sake we were meant to confirm his move yesterday, but no news, grrr. Supposedly he'll wear 18, Wayne Bridge's old number.

Well I just read he'll have a medical on Saturday. Fucking hurry it up already!

Last edited:

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
I really hope we snatch him, he'd be a Daniel Alves on the Left flank. What about Ashley cole the fallen?

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Makes sense, i think he'd be more comfterble with you guys as we'd opt to play him as a LB all the time when he prefers to attack and play in midfield.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, he's originally a left winger, plus he's got Malouda as competition, he has nothing to worry about when it comes to playing regularly. :lol:

JackSparrow

I wish Barca would sign Zhirkov. He's worth more than 20M for sure.. He can play winger or LB.., and he is one of the best players in those positions in the world.

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
AT least it's not fucking madrid. Who am I kidding, there's nothing positive from this show of idiocy on Beguiristain's side, we're now no closer to signing an inferior LB (Say what you want about Filipe, but he's never done anything to show he's better than Zhirkov), plus he could've played as LW too, rotating with Henry. Very disappointing loss, if he does move to Chelsea.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well it honestly sounds like he's holding out for Barca. First it was meant to be done on Monday, and then Wednesday he was meant to actually sign a contract, now he's having a medical on Saturday and then going to sign the contract.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well it honestly sounds like he's holding out for Barca. First it was meant to be done on Monday, and then Wednesday he was meant to actually sign a contract, now he's having a medical on Saturday and then going to sign the contract.

I think it'd be hilarious if united came in and pinched him from under your nose though. they need a left-footed winger which is pure zhirkov. plus after you stole robben, essien and mikel from their clutches with late interest and MONIES it would be a funny turnaround.

won't happen, though. as you say he's holding out for barca but I think pep wants filipe for the balance he has. it's just depor are being cunts about it. but they'll sell him eventually coz he's been so open about wanting to join us.

Home of Barca Fans