Yuri Zhirkov

Cule Forever

I didn't watch him excluding EURO 2008, then he played as a left back(and he did a great job), but if he can play in the wing on top level, surely I'm agree for this deal.

S

Snyde

That's quite a competitive price IMO we should've gotten him for that much.

ryuken

unfortunately reports suggest that he will sign for Chel next wednesday, so i guess we stuck with Fillipe.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
That's what I said, 20m for a left winger/back is a fucking good price, you guys are crazy to not go for him.

P

Patrick_dosSantos

Zhirkov has already said that he would only like to play for us. He has always supported Barca. He claims he doesn't want to play sub to Cashley Cole as well. Although, I would suggest to me that Barca were not as keen on him as he is on us or he would be holding out for us. I believe Dario Srna is on our radar as well as Felipe and Zhirkov.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's not being signed to play leftback, he's being signed to compete with Malouda for the left wing spot. He said in the past that if Chelsea came calling he'd play for us, but that his favourite team is Barca and they are the team he wants to play for more than anyone. Barca aren't making any offers for him, so he'll come to us. I think he'll be our starting left winger before too long, if not straight away, since he's so much better than Malouda.

Home of Barca Fans