Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, he is older and past his peak now, but back in 08-09 he had Eto'o, Henry and Messi. Last season he had Messi, Alexis and Pedro. No wonder it's not even half of it :p

I don't think having Alexis and Pedro has much to do it with... Certainly they play their part, but we can't deny that Xavi's best days are in the past and this season was a rude awakening... It's not that he is shit all of a sudden, he can still keep tempo like no other and pass the ball like nobody else, but the urgency is just not there... How many times our forwards made a perfect run and Xavi doubted a pass that he would have nailed two seasons ago?

mixer

Well, he is older and past his peak now, but back in 08-09 he had Eto'o, Henry and Messi. Last season he had Messi, Alexis and Pedro. No wonder it's not even half of it :p
Yeah, you're right :VdB:

Xavi is really done. How much I admire him, he's done :(

Armando929

He won't change the midfield now. Will likely just bring Alonso back. I still think Spain has more problems with the offence than the defense or the middle.

Yeah Alonso to me is not answer. He dwells too much on the ball and doesn't always make the quickest decisions, and now that Xavi is starting to show his best days are behind him, that won't work next year at the World Cup.

The Spanish side could very well have a dilemma in regards to what line up they'll use in midfield next year.

WallBreaker

For those that have watched him play for more than a decade, i have question.

How much do you think Xavi has diminished in terms of his physical well being since?

His acceleration, speed, stamina, etc.

Zuess99

I think its hasn't changed that much . He still has that part going for him, there is only 1 part that makes me think that he is past his prime and that is he doesn't assist anymore, he is obsessed with short passes and building a play but somehow a through ball or a lop doesn't register anymore, its irritating , the number of assists he attempts are so low .

barca1899

Vilanova is drawing up a plan for Xavi, who has played 50+ games in the last seven seasons, to play less games in the coming season. [md]

Hope this is true and that Thiago is part of that plan.

serghei

Vilanova is drawing up a plan for Xavi, who has played 50+ games in the last seven seasons, to play less games in the coming season. [md]

Or maybe he'll use Cesc more in the middle. He's useless in a false 9 position, he can only play instead of xavi/iniesta.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Thanks Messi, at last!!!!

I

instinct

Xavi and his girfriend will donate all their wedding gifts to charity. The donations will be used to finance a new day hospital. [md]

:worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans