Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

Rafa Marquez finished second in the league last season and reached a Cup semi final.

This year he is second again and 1 point off top. Might finish top in the end.

You wanted a manager to go through the development steps unlike Xavi did, and now you got it with Rafa you do not want it.

Suck if up chaps. Rafa is the man.

:lol:

serghei

PS: and again, all that idiosyncratic mess of criteria are suspended if it is for Xavi with 0 experience and 0 work to show, without any presence even at B Tier :clown:

The criteria is not suspended at all. I didn't call Xavi a top manager when he signed for Barcelona. He was named without being a top manager based mostly on his insane player career and Barca legend status.

Barca can name some promising manager next summer, and that guy can either prove himself, or not. We will see what he will do in La Liga and in CL.

You are not really a top manager until you win some titles. The bigger the titles the better. It is very simple.

delancey

Winning titles is not is not a standalone indication of being a top manager. Consistency, tactics, style of play, adaptability, developing talent, dealing with pressure, and motivating the squad all play a part in determining how good a manager is. In other words, winning titles consistently is an inevitable result of the aforementioned qualities.

It is possible for inferior managers to over-perform short term and then fall apart shortly thereafter. Otherwise, Di Matteo should also be considered a top manager. I don’t think anyone believes that.

serghei

Winning titles is not is not a standalone indication of being a top manager. Consistency, tactics, style of play, adaptability, developing talent, dealing with pressure, and motivating the squad all play a part in determining how good a manager is. In other words, winning titles consistently is an inevitable result of the aforementioned qualities.

It is possible for inferior managers to over-perform short term and then fall apart shortly thereafter. Otherwise, Di Matteo should also be considered a top manager. I don’t think anyone believes that.

I didn't say winning a big title automatically makes you a top manager, you have to show even more and win continously, or at the very least compete for serious titles constantly. You can't be a top manager without doing these things.

All tigers are felines, but not all felines are tigers type of thing.

Givenchy

The news of Laporta wanting him to stay on is hardly surprising.. we probably don't have enough money to hire a new manager and the lying toad will say he has full faith in Xavi blah blah blah. We'll see rumours next season of Laporta wants Klopp! in the media only for him to end up at Madrid.

I'm not as down on Xavi as I was a few months ago, still don't think he's the answer but outside of the 2 real great managers (Pep and Klopp) it's going to be a risk either way.

serghei

:lol: I for one am curious what are the posters that hated on Xavi almost all the time since he signed as manager going to do if the next guy doesn't deliver at least at his level in the next seasons. Keep moaning all the time like a child or do a 180 degrees back-flip?

FC B

:lol: I for one am curious what are the posters that hated on Xavi almost all the time since he signed as manager going to do if the next guy doesn't deliver at least at his level in the next seasons. Keep moaning all the time like a child or do a 180 degrees back-flip?
The media would lynch him and it would be virtually impossible for him to remain for 3 full seasons like Xavi so probabily he'll get fired after the first season unless he delivers.

Birdy

The criteria is not suspended at all. I didn't call Xavi a top manager when he signed for Barcelona. He was named without being a top manager based mostly on his insane player career and Barca legend status.

Barca can name some promising manager next summer, and that guy can either prove himself, or not. We will see what he will do in La Liga and in CL.

You are not really a top manager until you win some titles. The bigger the titles the better. It is very simple.

Player career and Legend status says 0 about the quality of a coach.
You have been told that a million times, since your first expressed your 'thoughts' on Xavi

Yes, clubs take risks with any coach appointment, and there is 0 guarantees. You don't know that?

The point is not that there is a risk-free options out there. It is rather to make an informed, impartial, and educated judgment (based on data and all the relevant quantitative and qualitative ingredients) on the best option for the club.

And the best option is neither Rafa Marquez, no matter how well he does in B team, nor any Barca legend simply by being thus, nor any Laporta fantasy on a whim

Take notes on how Edwards and Hughes will do it now at Liverpool

Birdy

Everyone always brings up Di Matteo, you can fluke your way to a cup win, a solid defense and a bit of luck is all you need.

Winning the league requires consistency.

Yes, like the consistency Schuster had when he won the league with Madrid in 2008? Top coach right?

No mate, no matter how you twist and turn it, you won't shelter Laporta's disastrous appointment of Xavi behind excuses and rationalizations

jamrock

Yes, like the consistency Schuster had when he won the league with Madrid in 2008? Top coach right?

No mate, no matter how you twist and turn it, you won't shelter Laporta's disastrous appointment of Xavi behind excuses and rationalizations
A Much less disastrous appointment than poch at Chelsea I'm sure, or ETH at Man Utd or goodness knows how many other coaches you've gassed who are complete trash

You're a good poster, but you really need to get off your high horse given how many of your proclamations have turn out to be wrong on so many levels

Last edited:

Birdy

A Much less disastrous appointment than poch at Chelsea I'm sure, or ETH at Man Utd or goodness knows how many other coaches you've gassed who are complete trash

You're a good poster, but you really need to get off your high horse given how many of your proclamations have turn out to be wrong on so many levels

Much less disastrous?
You seriously compare people like Poch and ETH that go coach in a league where the competition is like 1 million times the competition nonames like Shuster had in a two-horse league that was 1 million times worse before Pep some 15-20 years ago?

You guys need to get a grip about football. You don't understand the concept of relative difficulty in taking up coaching projects, and the concept of timespan in any coaching project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans