Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Simeone, Ancelotti, Luis Enrique, Simone Inzaghi.

Tuchel is the only one that might deserve to be in that list based on his recent achievements, but he seems to have a difficult personality that gets him in trouble quickly at every club almost. Conte is another manager like that.

You wouldn't have included Inzaghi in the list one year ago.
Despite his football being the same all those years (since Lazio days)
Tells everything about how biased some of you are, and change perception all the time according to narratives

LOL that I see names like Simeone and Ancelotti there
Plus, Enrique is old stuff for a team that wants to have the cutting edge of tactical developments in football

Porque

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Simeone, Ancelotti, Luis Enrique, Simone Inzaghi.

Tuchel is the only one that might deserve to be in that list based on his recent achievements, but he seems to have a difficult personality that gets him in trouble quickly at every club almost. Conte is another manager like that.

Right. But all of those are involved in big projects already.

And by that context, none of them would leave their current job for even Real Madrid.

While Ancelotti himself joined Madrid from Everton. It is likely had we be interested in Ancelotti from Everton infact, that we would say that he is past it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
True but
That one player is all the different at times.

Indeed, but at the very least this should be a 50/50 tie with us being very competitive.
If we somehow get destroyed by this PSG squad then I'd personally tell Xavi to start preparing his future elsewhere when the season ends.

serghei

You wouldn't have included Inzaghi in the list one year ago.
Despite his football being the same all those years (since Lazio days)
Tells everything about how biased some of you are, and change perception all the time according to narratives

LOL that I see names like Simeone and Ancelotti there
Plus, Enrique is old stuff for a team that wants to have the cutting edge of tactical developments in football

why would I include Inzaghi in the top managers list before he made the CL final and stormed the Serie A? Those results are the key successes of his career to date.

The best managers are all winners at the top.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think we need to worry about Flick.
Who is going to hire him? Doesn't seem like Bayern are interested. Chelsea a hot mess. Man Utd with a lot of uncertainty and seemingly for some strange reason interested in Southgate(lol) and Liverpool's biggest targets seem to be Amorim, Nagelsmann and De Zerbi.

serghei

If Xavi leaves, Porto boss could be fun. He is anything but boring. Set up the team absolutely dead on vs Arsenal.

Battered Inter last season too.

jamrock

I think flick is the one laporta wants the most, apparently he was interested in him before hiring xavi, and Nagelsmann is 2nd.

All the other names or non contenders, if he can't get those two he'd rather Xavi stay and go after Alonso or Klopp in 2025.

serghei

This discussion for me makes sense only if Xavi's decision remains to leave at the end of the season. Of course he should continue if he wants to.

Birdy

why would I include Inzaghi in the top managers list before he made the CL final and stormed the Serie A? Those results are the key successes of his career to date.

The best managers are all winners at the top.

Because he had shown the signs already. Won all cup finals he played with Lazio and Inter already before 22/23, and the football was always great

The rationale so many of you put forward is so narrow-minded, and excludes basically all options

I don't even comment that you were willing to reduce all those obscenely high standards to ground 0 just to bring Xavi, someone with 0 experience and work to show, let alone being "winner at the top" :lol: that you ludicrously require from everyone else

serghei

Signs? These are the top of the division of managers. Signs make you promising, that's all.

I didn't name Xavi a top manager 3 years ago. He was named as manager mostly on the basis of his football IQ, huge career as player, and Barca legend status. He still had to win the title in dominating fashion to get credit and establish himself as a good manager.

Birdy

Signs? These are the top of the division of managers. Signs make you promising, that's all.

I didn't name Xavi a top manager 3 years ago. He was named as manager mostly on the basis of his football IQ, huge career as player, and Barca legend status. He still had to win the title in dominating fashion to get credit and establish himself as a good manager.

He hasn't established himself as a good manager for anyone with elementary football knowledge.
He needs to do a lot more for that, especially in the football he showcases

Signs and aceivements are judged according to the team and level one coaches. You don't expect someone to dominate Italian football with a team like Lazio. Just as you don't expect Brighton to win titles in England or Europe. You judge the football and the achievements RELATIVE to the size of the team

That's elementary again, but you omit it on purpose to push your biased agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans