Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Reckon he will get a fairly good job with relative ease when he leaves. His stock is far far higher outside of Barca.

Ajax would snap their hands off to get a La Liga winning , legendary player like him to manage them. Would be perfect for him as the only way is up at Ajax right now with how poor they have been this season.

There is actually a very very good chance he goes on to become a very good manager, in the same way and level Luis Enrique did when he left.

serghei

He did. He won the league in dominating fashion against a rival that at the time was one of the best 3 teams in Europe and the CL champion. If that doesn't make someone a good manager, then your criteria is simply messed up.

serghei

Signs and aceivements are judged according to the team and level one coaches. You don't expect someone to dominate Italian football with a team like Lazio. Just as you don't expect Brighton to win titles in England or Europe. You judge the football and the achievements RELATIVE to the size of the team

Good B-club managers get spotted, and usually make the step to an A-level club. Like Ten Hag did. But then they need to deliver, because not only the resources increase, but also the pressure to deliver good results. That's what it's all about.

They don't become top class at a B-club, unless they manage to achieve something truly spectacular. Like Simeone at Atletico and Klopp at Dortmund. Usually for more than 1 season.

Likes of De Zerbi are promising. Not top already. You confuse the two.

jamrock

Not for nothing inzaghi would he the first coach Birdy gassed that went on to become a very good manager.

Pretty much everyone else been meh or is obviously a good/talented coach like Nagelsmann.

For every inzaghi there is two poch.

Birdy

Good B-club managers get spotted, and usually make the step to an A-level club. Like Ten Hag did. But then they need to deliver, because not only the resources increase, but also the pressure to deliver good results. That's what it's all about.

They don't become top class at a B-club, unless they manage to achieve something truly spectacular. Like Simeone at Atletico and Klopp at Dortmund. Usually for more than 1 season.

Likes of De Zerbi are promising. Not top already. You confuse the two.

I don't confuse anything dude. At B tier, you can be 'promising', but there are different grades of it, something you don't get

You can already see signs at B tier of someone having it all to become WC at A tier, and that's what serious sporting departments examine based on data (purely sporting side), and other qualities like leadership, relationship with players in the locker-room, etc

In your one-sided, narrow-minded conception of things, a coach is good if he wins titles (ignoring the fact that people like Di Matteo, Kovac, and others that are trash, have also won big titles),
disregarding factors like football played, philosophy, tactics- development of the sport, heritage
(ignoring again people like Pochetino that haven't yet won big titles but showed they are capable of)

PS: and again, all that idiosyncratic mess of criteria are suspended if it is for Xavi with 0 experience and 0 work to show, without any presence even at B Tier :clown:

BJJ

Many german reports says that Flick can imagine to make a comeback to Bayern!

Damn, that's why we need to be fast, otherwise all the great coaches won't be available soon... @Birdy
I think Laporta and Co have no intention of hiring Flick or any external for that matter. This is all smoke and mirrors and we end up with Rafa Marquez cause Barca DNA you know....lol

Messigician

Many german reports says that Flick can imagine to make a comeback to Bayern!

Damn, that's why we need to be fast, otherwise all the great coaches won't be available soon... @Birdy
Which reports?

All I could find are these

Fabrizio Romano, as captured by @iMiaSanMia, reports that De Zerbi has a €15 million release clause and that Bayern and De Zerbi have already had discussions about a potential, uh, “cooperation.” Romano also added, though, that Bayern “are still discussing multiple candidates and haven’t decided their priority target yet.”

Meanwhile, Doctor Constantine Ecker, again via @iMiaSanMia, has reported that “Roberto De Zerbi has become the frontrunner for the Bayern job” and that new Director of Sport Max Eberl “is a particular admirer.”

However, Nagelsmann is not out the running. Georg Holzner reports, as identified by @iMiaSanMia, “Julian Nagelsmann is now one of the main candidates. There are doubts among *some* people in charge and *some* players whether Nagelsmann has learned from the mistakes he made at Bayern, especially off the pitch. The name Nagelsmann is being intensively discussed, but the opinions are diverse.”

Can you link me to these reports please? Or at least tell me the source so I can check it out myself?

I struggle to believe they’re seriously interested in Flick

Andresito

Staff member
Which reports?

All I could find are these

Fabrizio Romano, as captured by @iMiaSanMia, reports that De Zerbi has a €15 million release clause and that Bayern and De Zerbi have already had discussions about a potential, uh, “cooperation.” Romano also added, though, that Bayern “are still discussing multiple candidates and haven’t decided their priority target yet.”

Meanwhile, Doctor Constantine Ecker, again via @iMiaSanMia, has reported that “Roberto De Zerbi has become the frontrunner for the Bayern job” and that new Director of Sport Max Eberl “is a particular admirer.”

However, Nagelsmann is not out the running. Georg Holzner reports, as identified by @iMiaSanMia, “Julian Nagelsmann is now one of the main candidates. There are doubts among *some* people in charge and *some* players whether Nagelsmann has learned from the mistakes he made at Bayern, especially off the pitch. The name Nagelsmann is being intensively discussed, but the opinions are diverse.”

Can you link me to these reports please? Or at least tell me the source so I can check it out myself?

Proud of your development.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Which reports?

I hoped nobody would questioning it.....

Seriously, here they are:

and some more....

Bro they played their best football since Heynckes and Pep under Flick, ofc it makes sense that they want him back!

Messigician

I hoped nobody would questioning it.....

Seriously, here they are:

and some more....

Bro they played their best football since Heynckes and Pep under Flick, ofc it makes sense that they want him back!
First article

“The report states that Flick could also imagine returning to Säbener Straße. However, he is not one of the top candidates for the coaching position.”

The rest all repeat the information that flick is open to a return. That’s it….

He isn’t a priority for Bayern

Fati_Future_BallonDor

First article

“The report states that Flick could also imagine returning to Säbener Straße. However, he is not one of the top candidates for the coaching position.”

The rest all repeat the information that flick is open to a return. That’s it….

He isn’t a priority for Bayern

Yeah as said he can imagine a comeback....

A few weeks ago he could imagine to coach for Barca....

The development is dangerous, he has probably realized that Laporta doesnt want to fire Xavi and now he is looking for another job.

Stupid Laporta.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

De Zerbi is one of the strangest situations I have ever come across in football management. He must have nudes of big clubs football presidents because I can't see anything he has done except coach mediocre clubs to ....... mediocrity.

Bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans