Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

Artera
Scaloni
Pimienta
Míchel
De Zerbi

Arteta - no way he is leaving Arsenal
Scaloni - nowhere near as good. This guy is made by Messi. I am willing to bet that he won't match the success he had with Argentina anywhere else.
Pimienta - LOL
De Zerbi - first we have to see if he will be able to repeat last season.
Michel - Who?

Some other people mentioned Gallardo. The truth is that no one knows if he can succeed in Europe. Furthermore, he won Libertadores 2 times but only one time he won Argentina Primera Division and for that you need a consistency.

Except Arteta who is unavailable, all other managers are far from sure bet and we can't make another mistake with mediocre manager.

Chomutov

Gerard Lopez: "I'd take more chances with the young players than with two players who are on loan and who don't know what will happen to them."

Abelardo: " I think that Barça will not have problems getting into the second round, but they do have to improve, Xavi has to look for solutions" ... "Lewandowski is bad but not because he doesn't score goals, it's just that he doesn't press..."
Lewa never pressed at Bayern. Kane doesnt press, Haaland doesnt press. They score goals, thats their job. When you Put Lewa into ManCitys team he will score like Haaland does. He gets service from the flanks. Simple as that. Haaland Scored 60 goals or so, 40 of them putting the ball into the net standing in the 5 Meter box. Watch it...service from the flanks all season long. Thats the huge difference Not Lewa Not pressing. He never did this before

MTL_Barca

Xavi has to turn it around, otherwise this will be his last season here. There is no reason why we should play that bad game after game after game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I get that not all #9 press.
Suarez pressed, Eto'o pressed.

Issue goes much much deeper. We play poor football. Last time we played well (and won) was 10 matches ago at home against Royal Antwerpen.

It's pathetic.

MTL_Barca

I get that not all #9 press.
Suarez pressed, Eto'o pressed.

Issue goes much much deeper. We play poor football. Last time we played well (and won) was 10 matches ago at home against Royal Antwerpen.

It's pathetic.
And Antwerp is probably the worst team in this years CL.

Last year we pressed opponents off the pitch, idk if it's just the players or Xavi trying something different...but it seems we just lost that and basically got nothing in return.

We don't create more, we are worse defensively, it doesn't look any better - whatever we are trying, it's not working.

In theory we should play more attractive and create more chances because on paper the team is more offensive but it's not showing.

xXKonan

It's a team sport and you expect both players and coaches to be on the same page but in this case, both coach and players are not at this point in time.

It's strange considering the different coaches Xavi played under, he experienced true technical and strict discipline under Pep, but he also played for the likes of Van Gaal, and Frank Rijkard, Lucho at a club level who were good coaches but totally different squad dynamics compared to Pep.

Our squad still has issues to address but there's no reason for the team to be playing such god-awful football.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Scaloni - nowhere near as good. This guy is made by Messi. I am willing to bet that he won't match the success he had with Argentina anywhere else.

Bro pls tell me this is irony 🤧 imo its the opposite way, did you see how clean argentinia played in final? He made them play like a family, found the perfect system and every player exactly knew what he has to do. Guy is insane.

delancey

Arteta - no way he is leaving Arsenal
Pimienta - LOL
De Zerbi - first we have to see if he will be able to repeat last season.
Michel - Who?

Some other people mentioned Gallardo. The truth is that no one knows if he can succeed in Europe. Furthermore, he won Libertadores 2 times but only one time he won Argentina Primera Division and for that you need a consistency.

Except Arteta who is unavailable, all other managers are far from sure bet and we can't make another mistake with mediocre manager.
As far as Arteta is concerned, everyone is unavailable until he is available. I am not saying that he’d be interested if we came knocking. Then again, not that we would; Xavi commands way too much respect to be fired mid-season. But… we shouldn’t underestimate the pull Barcelona has. Hence why so many players dream of playing for us.

I’d say that he should move here when he’s older, not now. EPL is the best league in the world, and he’s doing a fantastic job with a worse squad than ours. :lol:

De Zerbi - I think that there are managers who do exceptionally well in smaller teams with less pressure. Unai Emery is one of them (so far). Point being, there’s always a risk involved when hiring someone unproven. Much better than Xavi? Tactically, yes! Motivating the squad and commanding respect? No. Catalan legend status goes a long way here. :lol:

Pimienta? I respect what he has done. I think he should have been given the job before Xavi. And he’s Barca blood. 🩸

Míchel? The manager of Girona. A bit of the same as De Zerbi. Very good manager, clearly, but how would he do at a big club with expectations. Can he handle the pressure? With that said, he is topping the league. Let’s see how he evolves throughout the season.

Argentina Manager? Okay, maybe you’re right. :lol: I just think that anyone would be an upgrade on Xavi. We look lost af (tactically).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
De Zerbi I think is being lined up to replace Pep in 2024 or 2025, whenever the bald man decides to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans