Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

His best signing of season was FDJ not signing for United.

Xavi has made a lot of mistakes particularly in Europe that needs to have learned from but tactically team has improved.. FDJ becoming main man in midfield and moving to a double pivot that so many numpties claimed could never happen in todays football.

Even in last few games he has had FDJ and Pedri looking for balls into box as crossing from wide against a set defence sometimes dont have players for.

Pointed that out before the game yesterday and both got assists.

He has improved MATS, Dembele, Araujo is getting better on ball within his limitations etc.

The team lacked pace without Dembele and found way through some La Liga games wont do as often in long run and didnt help v Man Utd even if team could have been better set up.

Barca with few transfers can be competing with anyone in Europe and should be epecting to go deep in CL.

Laplacian

Super disappointed by the European campagin of course, but winning the league after 3 years of not winning while at our weakest since 2004 is a major accomplishment. Hopefully after the last few years fans will no longer take league trophies for granted.

Bobo32

You cannot deny winning the league is a great achievement, and with 4 games to go against reigning CL Champions and current CL semifinalists Real Madrid nonetheless. If he goes clean from here, it is a 97p season, it is insane, and even then I think some of the points lost lately were due to already practically having won the league, hence lacking intensity.

But it is sad and ironic in a way that it is Xavi, after all these years, that made me not care about watching the games. I have missed a lot of games this spring, and I guess it is not only because of Xavi but mostly because I am uninterested in most of the players, but Xavi, who I shilled so hard for for so long has really disappointed me.

ajnotkeith

You cannot deny winning the league is a great achievement, and with 4 games to go against reigning CL Champions and current CL semifinalists Real Madrid nonetheless. If he goes clean from here, it is a 97p season, it is insane, and even then I think some of the points lost lately were due to already practically having won the league, hence lacking intensity.

But it is sad and ironic in a way that it is Xavi, after all these years, that made me not care about watching the games. I have missed a lot of games this spring, and I guess it is not only because of Xavi but mostly because I am uninterested in most of the players, but Xavi, who I shilled so hard for for so long has really disappointed me.
In a way, he's proven you wrong, no?

He did it without Puig and with the high intensity English style football.

Bobo32

Just read this, thanks for the link. As most of the time, I agree with most of what Sid writes.

ajnotkeith: Perhaps. I didn't think he'd let go of Puig. Puig is much more intense playing style wise than all of Barcelonas midfielders though, Gavi included. And to my knowledge I never claimed that Barcelona couldn't win without Puig or without playing a nicer style. And I always claimed intensity as a key factor for success.

He has proven his critics and doubters extremely wrong; those who claimed he wasn't ready, too idealistic etc. I argued against them, the ironic thing is as I said that he has made me lose my own interest in his pragmatic and quite boring team.

jamrock

Good little breakdown of Xavi's Barcelona by Tifo football, those who love xG and stats will probably like it.

Note who is Barcelona's best, most important player......, It's pretty obvious.

JamDav1982

Aye its obviously FDJ.

Mentions Pedri creativity from AM at 6.1 assissts expected yet FDJ from DM has 5.8 expected and more assists.

Pedri injured this year and didnt start 7 domestic games.. Barca won 6 including home and away to Real and home to Atletico.. who was best midfielder on park eahc game.... FDJ.

FDJ then got injured for four games and team beat Elche, drew 0-0 with Girona, 0-0 with Getafe and lost to Real in worst home defeat in 15 years.

FDJ has been the more important player and I do loves Pedri.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't care to argue about whether Pedri is better or more important than Frenkie or not as for me they're 1A and 1B, but this season Frenkie has been the better player IMO.

No need to become a hormonal teenager because of it if someone has a different opinion than you.

ajnotkeith

Reminder that Pedri, Balde, Araujo, Dembele, De Jong and more are only getting better and only improving more and more after our dominant league win this season.

97 point finish if we win out from here..dominance. (Even if a lot of them were won suffering with 1 goal).

Can we repeat again next year, with a strong Euro performance? I very much think so.

Especially if they keep Ancelotti as we already know Xavi owns Don Carlo.

Let's go!

vegitot

Reminder that Pedri, Balde, Araujo, Dembele, De Jong and more are only getting better and only improving more and more after our dominant league win this season.

97 point finish if we win out from here..dominance. (Even if a lot of them were won suffering with 1 goal).

Can we repeat again next year, with a strong Euro performance? I very much think so.

Especially if they keep Ancelotti as we already know Xavi owns Don Carlo.

Let's go!
That's bold statement. Development is not linear.

Highly doubt that the defense can keep up this season form next year.

Lot of works for Xavi in summer.

vegitot

Aye its obviously FDJ.

Mentions Pedri creativity from AM at 6.1 assissts expected yet FDJ from DM has 5.8 expected and more assists.

Pedri injured this year and didnt start 7 domestic games.. Barca won 6 including home and away to Real and home to Atletico.. who was best midfielder on park eahc game.... FDJ.

FDJ then got injured for four games and team beat Elche, drew 0-0 with Girona, 0-0 with Getafe and lost to Real in worst home defeat in 15 years.

FDJ has been the more important player and I do loves Pedri.
Not Pedri fault that most of his great passes are wasted by his teammates.

Pedri scores important goals in those 1-0 wins streak.

Also he is the player with most through ball in Liga (highest per 90 if you want detail).

De Jong has been great lately but Pedri is there from beginning of season to end.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not Pedri fault that most of his great passes are wasted by his teammates.
Issue I have whenever someone says something like this is it is not as if every chance Frenkie created got converted. Frenkie could have had more as well if players were clinical.
Having said that, some nice production by Pedri and him having just 1 assist definitely underrepresents him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans