Xavi Hernández

Porque

Nagelsmann? He hasn't proved anything on the big stage though.

Well, what time period are we talking about?

When Laporta took term?

More experience with Leipzig than Xavi at Al-Sadd.

Or

In the context of replacing Xavi next season because he blows the league?

In this case, can't be many other managers with the credentials for Barcelona free in market.

I do agree he is at risk of being the next fad manager like Vilas-Boas though. Shame for Nagelsmann sake that we didn't get to see how he performed in the rest of CL run this season.

Last edited:

fergus90

I think Nagelsmann is a very good coach, been managing since he was 28. However, at big clubs it's more than just tactical flexibility that makes a manager.

You are dealing with egos, big players who have a richer history in the game than you and in some cases players whom are actually older than you too. It's an interesting dynamic.

I think in a few years he will probably be back at a 'top' club but it was just too early for him.

Birdy

You will never get the time and freedoms of smaller teams like Leipzig or Mainz at a top level club. That's just obvious.

With that said Tuchel is the obviously more experienced coach right now. Bayern knew what they were doing, even if it wasn't 100% sporting, it will still benefit them sportingly.

Naggingman can/still will be a top coach. He can go and lick his wounds, learn not to clash with the board and give it another go at a smaller team like Spurs. Wouldn't be my recommended pick, but after the Conte meltdown they would probably welcome anyone. So good timing.

Funny how things turn out though. Nagelsmann was one of Laporta's initial top picks. Now he's available and his market value has regressed.

Xavi has proven to be the best choice right now thanks to the politicisation of the club and the amigo clearance task, even if he still is learning in game management and doesn't come from the school of coaching like the Germans.

But goes to show, timing is everything.
The first sentence is plain false, it has been empirically refuted. Pep had all the time he needed, Klopp had, Arteta had, and many other examples.
It's always a choice of the board. and guess what, the ones given time and freedom, yielded great results

I am mostly in agreement with the bolded part, but that doesn't mean the grace period should last forever, let alone bringing more amigos back like Messi. Busi shouln't be renewed and let leave for instance. Having no money and Tebas is not an excuse for any regressive move. The roadmap is clear.
By next summer, when this task will or should have been completed, we should wave Xavi goodbye and thank him for 1 or 2 LLs and helping in transition, and go for the real deal in the coach position, which should be 100% WC and someone that fits our football, like Nagelsman, like Di Zerbi, like Arteta, etc

I think Nagelsmann is a very good coach, been managing since he was 28. However, at big clubs it's more than just tactical flexibility that makes a manager.

You are dealing with egos, big players who have a richer history in the game than you and in some cases players whom are actually older than you too. It's an interesting dynamic.

This is big part of the reason they fired him.
Bayern have their own amigos in Neuer and Muller, who were constantly undermining and not respecting him.
Any coach in any institution should have full authority to eradicate any such player power in the dressing room.
Like Pep has, like Klopp has, etc

Barcilliant

And besides for the kind of long term project Barca is currently undertaking to become one of the best teams in the world again, Tuchel should be the last person on any Barca fan's mind to coach us (along with Conte) as he demands too much from players, and has a high tendency to burn bridges with players when they can no longer keep up with it. That's the perfect recipe for destroying the budding team unity that we currently have. Tuchel (as well as Conte) is only good for 1-2 seasons, so we should stay as far away from him as possible.

Lmao, Tuchel was at two very unstable clubs. PSG are a basket case and Chelsea are only slightly better. Chelsea though for some reason still manage to win despite all the chaos in the club. Tuchel never lost the dressing room at these clubs. He clashed with the boards.
Bayern are more stable though and if Tuchel and Bayern cluck expect Bayern to win a treble or league and CL double. The very fact that he accepted to take the job at this crucial juncture in the season shows he has balls of steel and takes on massive challenges head on.

iniestaGOAT

Lmao, Tuchel was at two very unstable clubs. PSG are a basket case and Chelsea are only slightly better. Chelsea though for some reason still manage to win despite all the chaos in the club. Tuchel never lost the dressing room at these clubs. He clashed with the boards.
Bayern are more stable though and if Tuchel and Bayern cluck expect Bayern to win a treble or league and CL double. The very fact that he accepted to take the job at this crucial juncture in the season shows he has balls of steel and takes on massive challenges head on.

Delusional

iniestaGOAT

The first sentence is plain false, it has been empirically refuted. Pep had all the time he needed, Klopp had, Arteta had, and many other examples.
It's always a choice of the board. and guess what, the ones given time and freedom, yielded great results

I am mostly in agreement with the bolded part, but that doesn't mean the grace period should last forever, let alone bringing more amigos back like Messi. Busi shouln't be renewed and let leave for instance. Having no money and Tebas is not an excuse for any regressive move. The roadmap is clear.
By next summer, when this task will or should have been completed, we should wave Xavi goodbye and thank him for 1 or 2 LLs and helping in transition, and go for the real deal in the coach position, which should be 100% WC and someone that fits our football, like Nagelsman, like Di Zerbi, like Arteta, etc

This is big part of the reason they fired him.
Bayern have their own amigos in Neuer and Muller, who were constantly undermining and not respecting him.
Any coach in any institution should have full authority to eradicate any such player power in the dressing room.
Like Pep has, like Klopp has, etc

No, the first time red flag was getting spanked by Villareal. But it was too early.

Then he was about to choke Bundesliga, thats when they knew they had to get rid of him.

Redbuck

Do you really think a manager with a history of clashing with board members would stand a chance of coaching a club as political as FC Barcelona ??? The dude ain't got balls of steel, he only waits for big oppurtunities to arrive and then he takes them (Chelsea and Bayern jobs come to mind). Nothing special cos any manager in the world could do it. I still maintain my point that he is a 1-2 season manager cos I don't believe that "clashing with the board" led to the poor performances of his PSG and Chelsea teams in the seasons he got sacked

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Do you really think a manager with a history of clashing with board members would stand a chance of coaching a club as political as FC Barcelona ??? The dude ain't got balls of steel, he only waits for big oppurtunities to arrive and then he takes them (Chelsea and Bayern jobs come to mind). Nothing special cos any manager in the world could do it. I still maintain my point that he is a 1-2 season manager cos I don't believe that "clashing with the board" led to the poor performances of his PSG and Chelsea teams in the seasons he got sacked
He's a top manager and with stability I believe he will stay at a club for a longer time.
Nowadays managers don't do long term anyway. Three seasons is usually the max a manager will stay. Klopp,Pep and Arteta are the exceptions really and they are all backed by their boards. Klopp would probably have been sacked by Real, Chelsea or Bayern this season.

delancey

Fati has not scored in 14 matches.
Ferran has not scored in 13 matches.
Lewa has only scored 2 goals in his last 10 matches.

XaviCross. ����

OVI9323

Lack of player skills should't be blame on the coach
Lewa espacially was several in position to score more but was unsuccessful

Porque

By next summer, when this task will or should have been completed, we should wave Xavi goodbye and thank him for 1 or 2 LLs and helping in transition, and go for the real deal in the coach position, which should be 100% WC and someone that fits our football, like Nagelsman, like Di Zerbi, like Arteta, etcc

Well yes and no. If you are proven then to an extent the club will give give more liberties to build your project. Take Klopp at Liverpool, sure they gave him time to build the project having had huge success at Dortmund. But also, he had more freedom because at the point of take over Liverpool was a very (or at best modesty) pressured club. There was no expectation to win anything instantly compared to Xavi coming in here or Nagelsmann going into Bayern.

But even so, Klopp is/was capped on signings (notorious example of him wanting Brandt over Salah) while if he were at Dortmund or Maine, he would have probably got his choice.

I'd say Arsenal would be in the same boat where they were a top level club in name but not expectation nor pressure. Klopp and Arteta get the can at Barca or Bayern for having the type of seasons they had at the beginning of their EPL tenures for example, at these respective clubs.

Regarding the second part, it shouldn't and hopefully it doesn't. Hopefully the board keeps strong, pays its lip service to the press about wanting Messi (back because which president would deny the return of the clubs greatest ever player) but doesn't make these backwards steps, and instead continues to work intensely on the new projects direction.

And yeah, if after the 23/24 season there is no growth in Xavi managing, and with all the remnants of the amigos hopefully gone (won't happen, already talk of an Umtiti esque renewal for Alba, fuck me) we can look at another opton.

Birdy

Well yes and no. If you are proven then to an extent the club will give give more liberties to build your project. Take Klopp at Liverpool, sure they gave him time to build the project having had huge success at Dortmund. But also, he had more freedom because at the point of take over Liverpool was a very (or at best modesty) pressured club. There was no expectation to win anything instantly compared to Xavi coming in here or Nagelsmann going into Bayern.

But even so, Klopp is/was capped on signings (notorious example of him wanting Brandt over Salah) while if he were at Dortmund or Maine, he would have probably got his choice.

I'd say Arsenal would be in the same boat where they were a top level club in name but not expectation nor pressure. Klopp and Arteta get the can at Barca or Bayern for having the type of seasons they had at the beginning of their EPL tenures for example, at these respective clubs.

What I don't agree with is that there are clubs 'pressured' to win and clubs not.
Every big club's goal is to win titles, the difference is how you approach that objective.
Liverpool for instance, had a method and it involved trusting the right manager long-term. That doesn't mean he could do anything he wanted, hence the involvement of other departments in transfers for instance. And eventually it yielded phenomenal results, given their net spent over the last 8 years.
The bad seasons that you mention are part of the process, and you have to accept them as long as the direction is progressive and the roadmap is clear
Look at Arteta. He was never gonna win in his first 2 or even 3 years, but the signs were there: every 6 months there was progress in the way they were playing.
Same approach can very well apply to bayern and Barca if there is plan and method (questionable about both right now)

The whole mentality 'win now' 'big clubs should get titles immediately' is a Madrid (and Juventus) mentality that has infected many big clubs unfortunately

iniestaGOAT

He's a top manager and with stability I believe he will stay at a club for a longer time.
Nowadays managers don't do long term anyway. Three seasons is usually the max a manager will stay. Klopp,Pep and Arteta are the exceptions really and they are all backed by their boards. Klopp would probably have been sacked by Real, Chelsea or Bayern this season.

Whata you believe is irreleavnt.

You have already proven you are nothing but a shit poster. Your forum posts belong in the gutter.

Home of Barca Fans