Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Of course...

If Xavi gets sacked, I can also say Barca should be winning every La Liga and make CL semis under a new manager if I don't like him, knowing full well this is not the case. If the manager makes it... well... he did what I said should be minimum expected. If he doesn't... he's shit.

Played this game in life a thousand times. This is child games.

ajnotkeith

Of course...

If Xavi gets sacked, I can also say Barca should be winning every La Liga and make CL semis under a new manager if I don't like him, knowing full well this is not the case. If the manager makes it... well... he did what I said should be minimum expected. If he doesn't... he's shit.

Well to be fair to Jammy he also was bang on about many of the players who he said would become important and that we were underestimating the level of eg Dembele, Mats, FDJ etc. What do you know now we have a decent tactical structure and a competent manager the squad is performing to its level.

jamrock

Going around saying club Spent XYZ, squad is better than abc, no excuses to not win.

Is not backing the team to win, it's setting up a scenario where one can complain & say look I was right and shit on the people running the club, if the team ends up not winning, while giving one selves a out Incase they do.

No one is falling for that, can't be right no matter the outcome.

serghei

Well to be fair to Jammy he also was bang on about many of the players who he said would become important and that we were underestimating the level of eg Dembele, Mats, FDJ etc. What do you know now we have a decent tactical structure and a competent manager the squad is performing to its level.

True, I take the loss on Ter Stegen and Dembele, if everyone else takes the loss of Xavi being a top manager that is getting the best out of these players.

You can't have it both ways.

I'm not putting myself on the pedestal, but instead I'm adocating for the pedestal games to be removed from the forum and us getting back to setting up a good mood for the club, especially now that the direction is looking very positive and hopeful.

JamDav1982

Of course...

That makes no sense.

Barca squad was/is far better than you made out in being years away and being held up as worse than Spurs.

Xavi has made good decisions and some bad ones and done very well to get better of Real to this extent and been poor in Europe. Said constantly througout season he is still learning..that is clear as day.

Go take it up with anyone who claims Xavi has to win league or get to semis.

We had this very conversation at start of season and my argument was Xavi has to compete domestically.. not even win depending on how good Real are but run them close if they perform well. While in Europe it was beat who should be beating and compete bettter v top sides.

If there is anyone that said league and CL or bust take it up with them but you were the version of them at opposite end putting conditions in place where 'dont expect to win for years with this squad'.

Yes played this game a thousand times with you. Indeed.

ajnotkeith

Everything in Europe these past couple seasons will be forgotten if now the squad is stable and strong we make a serious run next season.

Xavi needs to learn from his weak points, mainly treating Europe as if it's LaLiga when the level is much higher there. But he has improved the team a lot in intensity, pressing, atmosphere etc and put a good base from which we can build on.

The 1-0 stuff hopefully stops next season as well because we may not be as lucky as we were this season with all those close scrapes.

serghei

That makes no sense.

Barca squad was/is far better than you made out in being years away and being held up as worse than Spurs.

Xavi has made good decisions and some bad ones and done very well to get better of Real to this extent and been poor in Europe. Said constantly througout season he is still learning..that is clear as day.

Go take it up with anyone who claims Xavi has to win league or get to semis.

We had this very conversation at start of season and my argument was Xavi has to compete domestically.. not even win depending on how good Real are but run them close if they perform well. While in Europe it was beat who should be beating and compete bettter v top sides.

If there is anyone that said league and CL or bust take it up with them but you were the version of them at opposite end putting conditions in place where 'dont expect to win for years with this squad'.

Yes played this game a thousand times with you. Indeed.

Ok man. Converting you is the hardest project one can have on this forum. You're like a mule.

JamDav1982

Ok man. Converting you is the hardest project one can have on this forum. You're like a mule.

No need to convert.

I called it more accurately than you who wont admit Xavi ever makes a mistake as he has this season particularly in Europe and need to learn from.

Take pride in being 'converted' that Barca have better squad than Spurs or keep at it. Up to you.

Or go convert those that like you said Barca would win nothing.. the ones who blamed Xavi while you blamed the players.

Last edited:

serghei

Everything in Europe these past couple seasons will be forgotten if now the squad is stable and strong we make a serious run next season.

Xavi needs to learn from his weak points, mainly treating Europe as if it's LaLiga when the level is much higher there. But he has improved the team a lot in intensity, pressing, atmosphere etc and put a good base from which we can build on.

The 1-0 stuff hopefully stops next season as well because we may not be as lucky as we were this season with all those close scrapes.

Xavi needs to learn about what [MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION] said a while ago. He's one of the best posters on this forum and it's a shame he contributes little to it in terms of amount of posts. Xavi needs to be more vicious with some players.

Should have never started Pique and Garcia vs Inter. Should have played De Jong CB. But that's not the same with making him the main responsible for what happened in CL.

And he did learn from it. Do you think it's a coincidence that Pique retired after Inter affair. Xavi trusted him, probably talked to him, Pique betrayed him, and he was out after it.

Did you see Garcia featuring much after Lautaro clowned him in that game? Xavi was betrayed by these two players and after it they were done. One forcefully retired and the other exiled on the bench as a bench-warmer.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Xavi needs to learn about what [MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION] said a while ago. He's one of the best posters on this forum and it's a shame he contributes little to it in terms of amount of posts. He needs to be more vicious with some players.

Should have never started Pique and Garcia vs Inter. Should have played De Jong CB. But that's not the same with making him the main responsible for what happened in CL.

No one says he is wholy responsible for CL. No coach ever is win or draw.

Nor is he wholy responsible for league either. Works both ways.

But until now a lot have said it was all injuries v Inter etc when it wasnt just that it was how Barca set up to give themselves best chance.

ajnotkeith

Xavi needs to learn about what [MENTION=10166]i_bleed_blaugrana[/MENTION] said a while ago. He's one of the best posters on this forum and it's a shame he contributes little to it in terms of amount of posts. He needs to be more vicious with some players.

I think he is vicious enough.

He threw out a lot of other players that other managers didn't want to get rid of. Granted with strong backing of the club that Koeman didn't have but in general he has done well to remove likes of Alba, Pique, Braithwaite, Puig, Garcia etc and get in ones that can contribute more.

For me in terms of character, personality, motivation and all those aspects he is great. I think tactically he needs to improve and that's his main weak point.

jamrock

Starting FDJ at CB wouldn't have made any difference nor would starting him in Midfield.

Not starting him is just a convenient excuses for some people.

We lost, shit happens, it's not the best, but we move on.

serghei

I think he is vicious enough.

He threw out a lot of other players that other managers didn't want to get rid of. Granted with strong backing of the club that Koeman didn't have but in general he has done well to remove likes of Alba, Pique, Braithwaite, Puig etc and get in ones that can contribute.

For me in terms of character, personality, motivation and all those aspects he is great. I think tactically he needs to improve and that's his main weak point.

I don't know where you saw these tactical failures. But the goals we conceded were down to individual mistakes in almost every European game. At Bayern also horrible finishing in 1 vs 1 scenarios. Then conceding from a fucking corner because of poor marking.

JamDav1982

Starting FDJ at CB wouldn't have made any difference nor would starting him in Midfield.

Nonsense.

FDJ is Barcas best mid and was on bench.

Best team gives best chance to win and they improved after he came on.

serghei

Normally, no. But Pique was fucking diabolical in that game. Absolutely like watching a spectator play. :lol:

This is the game that finished Pique and Garcia at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans