Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

Relax Joan. We got the worst possible group, injuries galore, and stonewall pens are somehow ignored.

They had their 2 best players out, injuries aren't an excuse. We don't have time as a club to keep making these excuses and throwing year after year down the drain, we need to get back to the summit soon before we sink.

Xavi must progress from this group or we should find a replacement.

FinBarcelonafan

They had their 2 best players out, injuries aren't an excuse. We don't have time as a club to keep making these excuses and throwing year after year down the drain, we need to get back to the summit soon before we sink.

Xavi must progress from this group or we should find a replacement.

I agree. He needs to go if he fails to qualify Vs Inter. Cmon. We need to have standards.

Especially when they are missing their two best players. Unacceptable.

fergus90

Truthfully Barca has been off the summit for basically four years now though.

EL would be embarrassing but there's a losing mentality deeply ingrained in the club over the last 5-6 years that one very good transfer window can't wash away.

Birdy

They're good enough players that they'll be useful for other managers imo, players will not care all that much if the decision leads to success.

I don't know about that.
Xavi, despite all his problematic tactical inflexibilities, is a great convincer and can talk people into things (that's why I said in the past he fits better the SD role)
Imagine Tuchel in that role? He is kind of the opposite -> a top tactician, but pushes players away (many at Chelsea have reported that)

Besides, Tuchel won't fit as he is not ideal in the kind of football Barca wants to play despite being a 100% top tactician.
In general, the proper coach is not free, the level that Barca deserves (Pep for instance)
Arteta might be a case, but he won't leave soon
The other is Poch, who would be ideal, but the pussies at the board won't take the risk
The biggest chance was missed when Ten Haag was at Ajax, the only top coach who fits and his hiring doesn't seem to present any complication.

I am torn about this.
On the one hand Xavi shows clear worrying signs tactically, but on the other the project is based on him, and almost no fitting coach is available to take over.
If someone like Roberto Martinez comes, then Lewa Dembele Kounde Raphinia will be gone in 1-2 years

Raketa10

He showed nothing today. No idea whatsoever, only empty words. I am truly disappointed. We were unable to create anything against an average team like Inter. He needs to step up next week or our season will be finished in November. Spending so much money only to play in EL second season in a row is not even an option.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know about that.
Xavi, despite all his problematic tactical inflexibilities, is a great convincer and can talk people into things (that's why I said in the past he fits better the SD role)
Imagine Tuchel in that role? He is kind of the opposite -> a top tactician, but pushes players away (many at Chelsea have reported that)

Besides, Tuchel won't fit as he is not ideal in the kind of football Barca wants to play despite being a 100% top tactician.
In general, the proper coach is not free, the level that Barca deserves (Pep for instance)
Arteta might be a case, but he won't leave soon
The other is Poch, who would be ideal, but the pussies at the board won't take the risk
The biggest chance was missed when Ten Haag was at Ajax, the only top coach who fits and his hiring doesn't seem to present any complication.

I am torn about this.
On the one hand Xavi shows clear worrying signs tactically, but on the other the project is based on him, and almost no fitting coach is available to take over.
If someone like Roberto Martinez comes, then Lewa Dembele Kounde Raphinia will be gone in 1-2 years

Pochettino ideal? Cmon that guy has never won anything. Why do you rate him? Who even rates him?

Joan

I think you are overrating Xavi's influence. Lewa is a top professional who has worked under numerous coaches, Kounde was torn between Barca and Chelsea, and Raphinha was drawn to Barca, not Xavi. For Dembele you might have a case because Xavi builds his project around him.

Those players won't care if the next coach brings success. And they will care and want to leave if Xavi doesn't.

serghei

One thing is for sure, if he doesn't improve as a manager, he needs to go eventually.

The way he basically had Dembele doing the same old thing over and over again was depressing to see.

Joan

But I'm afraid we might lose Ferran if Xavi left. They have a real bond.

Now we can't let that happen.

I'm retracting.

Birdy

I think you are overrating Xavi's influence. Lewa is a top professional who has worked under numerous coaches, Kounde was torn between Barca and Chelsea, and Raphinha was drawn to Barca, not Xavi. For Dembele you might have a case because Xavi builds his project around him.

Those players won't care if the next coach brings success. And they will care and want to leave if Xavi doesn't.

Kounde publicly admitted that he chose Barca over Chelsea because of Xavi's talks with him. You can't deny that.
Tuchel on the contrary was uninspiring on the phone.
Lewa said the same in interviews, how he was bemused by Xavi's ideas how to play football.

I am not saying that I don't see Xavi's problems, neither I am putting a blind faith on him like Serghei overlooking the worrying signs.
But I feel there are serious complications if we just sack him

Givenchy

I have zero optimism for the return game at Camp nou. Inter will play exactly the same way and they know (as do we).. Xavi has no answer to it.

Birdy

Pochettino ideal? Cmon that guy has never won anything. Why do you rate him? Who even rates him?

IMO he is ideal.
He would have won 2 EPLs with Spurs if not for Pep and Klopp. with fucking SPURS
He reached CL final with fuckin' SPURS again (remember Sir Alex Ferguson in that historic locker room talk "LADS It's SPURS!!")
Let alone the beautiful football he implemented, made so many players.
You can't overlook all that. Still top6 or top7 coach on my book

His stint at PSG proves shit. A sick team, under a nauseating hierarchy that wants to buy success and doesn't trust managers. What do you expect therE?

fergus90

Without an obvious replacement lined up, there's no point in sacking him after buying players he wants.

Tuchel for an example had Chelsea fans moaning about his stubborn and defensive approach and they looked miserable since March.

I do agree that unless he shows obvious improvement then the board will need to re-assess in the summer and then get a manager who has time to identify targets he wants and work with them in pre-season to fit his system/style of play.

Otherwise we will be left getting in the likes of Roberto Martinez or Thierry Henry as no top manager is leaving mid-season.

freetocan

On the side he seems lost, no idea, he looks absent and blind at whatever happen on playground. The guy should encourage our players to shoot more frequently to goal like Inter did when they had a chance. I did not see a single shoot from outside of box?.. are we not a professional soccer team? Are we just passing and passing and over passing all day long? Too exaggerating without trying to shoot. We even do not have a good player to execute free kicks like Messi was in the past. Not sure what kind of training this couch is doing.? The soccer is all about scoring. No shoot on goal there is no way to score, no win, period. You can pass that fucking ball all day long just to get people bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans