Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not trash. Give more time. Koeman and Xavi been working on increasing tempo of play. We will get there step by step.
Only mystery is why Busquets is untouchable every time with coaches.

But people have forgotten the walking dead days. Team is moving away from that.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I have no problems with us being a more counter attacking team. However you need the personnel for that set up. Xavi is trying to play part tiki taka and part defensive. When we take a lead we go into our shells and inevitably concede. We need a quick strong dm and an actual defense.
People were saying Allegri is a defensive manager. If Allegri was here we would be better in all respects. Juve have a very ordinary squad and still beat Chelsea and are in the cl round of 16. Here we are with the very real possibility of being dumped out of the El asap.

fergus90

I've not got many problems with his general starting XI or tactical set up, but for someone who could read a game so brilliantly on the pitch, it's quite baffling to see how he's currently reading it on the sidelines.

He's quite often subbed players who were having more impact on the game than players left on the field. Even in winning positions he's destabilised the team and it's lost all shape.

A man loyal to his 'Plan A' will probably look like a genius when it comes off, but when plan B is needed it can quite often look messy.

Last edited:

freetocan

You have the same reply all the time.
If I don't have a particular player whom we should have bought, that doesn't mean that this clown is any good.

I told you several times, just because someone is ok-ish or slightly better than the current options, it is not worth to splash insane amounts on a player.
About Torres, I don't see how he is any better than even Braithwaite or Luuk.

For Valencia:
-- he played in a weak team where everyone can look ok-ish (Coutinho and Alexis effect in smaller clubs)
For Spain:
-- I have never noticed that he is playing. His only good game was a friendly against Germany. The same as how Roberto had 2 good games in 2016, or Malcom had a good game vs RM in CDR or Arthur playing good vs Tottenham. I guess that a friendly vs Germany will be a peak of Ferran's career
For City:
-- is there anyone who plays/look bad at Pep's team? When 10 players are killing the opponent, even average teammates will look good, the same as how in some matches even Bartra or Rafinha looked like good players for us especially at Camp Nou in 5:0 matches

This transfer is on a level of dumbness with Coutinho, Dembele, Arda and Griezmann.
We have finally completed the magical 5 of the dumbest transfers ever.
Absolutely true. Fully agree. Till now Torres did not show absolutely anything to deserve the money Barca paid for him. Certainly, City scammed us buying a player with 20 mil and selling to us one year later for 70 mil. Is that does not look like scam? Sure is.

Iniesta Ultra

City didn't scam us, we scammed ourselves. Wondering how many mediocre to poor performances we'll suffer before Xavi starts someone else.

iniestaGOAT

Absolutely true. Fully agree. Till now Torres did not show absolutely anything to deserve the money Barca paid for him. Certainly, City scammed us buying a player with 20 mil and selling to us one year later for 70 mil. Is that does not look like scam? Sure is.

Nothing he said was remotely true. You are agreeing with a. Troll

He was a star in Valencia. No every average player does not shine in a bad team. Stupid logic.

No every player does not look good in peps system. That's asinine and one of the dumbest things ever said in this forum.

Raketa10

I still think that he has scammed us.
He didn't earn money for HIMSELF, but = the higher transfer fee => the more money for City/himself to buy new expensive players.
And who wouldn't want more money for his team, and thus getting a chance to win more trophies and be hailed as an even better coach?

So, yes, there is a high chance that Pep has scammed us.
We bought a 13 millions worth winger for 65 millions.

How can anyone be scammed on this level? Xavi and Alemany thought that Torres would be a perfect fit and City sold him to us. Simple as that. What would you do if you were Pep? He did what everyone in his place would do.

In the end if Barca wanted to pay 55 mil for him I suppose they know why. Alemany is doing a very good job so far and I don't think he can be scammed that easy. He had limited resources and he managed to straighten the team. He also managed to lower salary level significantly. It's not like City negotiated with a 10y old kids on the other side.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

How can anyone be scammed on this level? Xavi and Alemany thought that Torres would be a perfect fit and City sold him to us. Simple as that. What would you do if you were Pep? He did what everyone in his place would do.

In the end if Barca wanted to pay 55 mil for him I suppose they know why. Alemany is doing a very good job so far and I don't think he can be scammed that easy. He had limited resources and he managed to straighten the team. He also managed to lower salary level significantly. It's not like City negotiated with a 10y old kids on the other side.

He didn't scam us in a literal way.

He did trick us into believing that Ferran is a decent player.

1. some skills from a player
2. a few good matches
3. being young
4. played for Pep
5. being Spanish
6. Barca being desperate for new names and new hopes

BBZ8800

Bro 9 is his best position. He sucks as a winger.

He was very good vs Atleti. He had 2 clear goal scoring chances vs Espanyol any other day he buries them. Thats all we need.

Puig's best position is a CM.

That doesn't mean that he is good on that position for Barca's level.

Now, apply the same for Ferran.
As a winger, he is a terrible.
As a No9, he is a level for Getafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans