Xavi Hernández

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I still think that he has scammed us.
He didn't earn money for HIMSELF, but = the higher transfer fee => the more money for City/himself to buy new expensive players.
And who wouldn't want more money for his team, and thus getting a chance to win more trophies and be hailed as an even better coach?

So, yes, there is a high chance that Pep has scammed us.
We bought a 13 millions worth winger for 65 millions.

Who should Barca have bought in your opinion or happy with options?

Torres has shown with Valencia, City and Spain he is a good player. If Barca buy him and play tactics like yesterday or stick him on touchline it is a poor transfer.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Who should Barca have bought in your opinion or happy with options?

Torres has shown with Valencia, City and Spain he is a good player. If Barca buy him and play tactics like yesterday or stick him on touchline it is a poor transfer.

You have the same reply all the time.
If I don't have a particular player whom we should have bought, that doesn't mean that this clown is any good.

I told you several times, just because someone is ok-ish or slightly better than the current options, it is not worth to splash insane amounts on a player.
About Torres, I don't see how he is any better than even Braithwaite or Luuk.

For Valencia:
-- he played in a weak team where everyone can look ok-ish (Coutinho and Alexis effect in smaller clubs)
For Spain:
-- I have never noticed that he is playing. His only good game was a friendly against Germany. The same as how Roberto had 2 good games in 2016, or Malcom had a good game vs RM in CDR or Arthur playing good vs Tottenham. I guess that a friendly vs Germany will be a peak of Ferran's career
For City:
-- is there anyone who plays/look bad at Pep's team? When 10 players are killing the opponent, even average teammates will look good, the same as how in some matches even Bartra or Rafinha looked like good players for us especially at Camp Nou in 5:0 matches

This transfer is on a level of dumbness with Coutinho, Dembele, Arda and Griezmann.
We have finally completed the magical 5 of the dumbest transfers ever.

serghei

If I don't have a particular player whom we should have bought, that doesn't mean that this clown is any good.

I told you several times, just because someone is ok-ish or slightly better than the current options, it is not worth to splash insane amounts on a player.

For Valencia:
-- he played in a weak team where everyone can look ok-ish (Coutinho and Alexis effect in smaller clubs)
For Spain:
-- I have never noticed that he is playing. His only good game was a friendly against Germany. The same as how Roberto had 2 good games in 2016, or Malcom had a good game vs RM in CDR or Arthur playing good vs Tottenham. I guess that a friendly vs Germany will be a peak of Ferran's career
For City:
-- is there anyone who plays/look bad at Pep's team? When 10 players are killing the opponent, even average teammates will look good, the same as how in some matches even Bartra or Rafinha looked like good players for us especially at Camp Nou in 5:0 matches

This transfer is on a level of dumbness with Coutinho, Dembele, Arda and Griezmann.

Did you just say between the lines that Pep is a genius manager who makes even lesser players look great?

I do believe it to be true. Signing players managed by Pep and Klopp can always backfire since you will most likely never replicate the tactics and the environment these heavyweights create at their teams.

That being said, it's been 3-4 games, and Ferran scored a golazo and made an assist for the winning goal. Relax and give it time. Let the team have at least one preseason to try different things.

Last edited:

malvolio

I still think that he has scammed us.
He didn't earn money for HIMSELF, but = the higher transfer fee => the more money for City/himself to buy new expensive players.
And who wouldn't want more money for his team, and thus getting a chance to win more trophies and be hailed as an even better coach?

So, yes, there is a high chance that Pep has scammed us.
We bought a 13 millions worth winger for 65 millions.

if you define 'scamming' as taking advantage of a transfer fee in order to boost your squad(which he didn't even attempt to do in january) then yeah, you can call it that way.

there is no challenge for him to get a higher fee as he leaves city anyway in 2023. he has money in the summer for 1-2 worldclass players, which is all he needs. top striker and some other experiment of his for 70-80M and he's set.

i also think we got fucked by city. for 55M-65M we should have considered some explosive wingers or true strikers. or why not, a DM to succeed busi?

at most one can entertain the idea that city's catalans and barca catalans did a shady deal a la douglas. but that's the most extreme conspiracy theory you can think off.

JamDav1982

For Valencia:
For Spain:
For City:

So you were happy with current options to point of not wanting to sign any attacking players. Jeepers that is worse than being too reluctant to suggest other names in case proven wrong.

You skip from praising Pep and his players to claiming he signs choir boys and mental midgets depending on what point you are arguing.

Not all players look great for Pep at City. Likes of Grealish is English and not been as good as Torres was last season. There have been others.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

if you define 'scamming' as taking advantage of a transfer fee in order to boost your squad(which he didn't even attempt to do in january) then yeah, you can call it that way.

there is no challenge for him to get a higher fee as he leaves city anyway in 2023. he has money in the summer for 1-2 worldclass players, which is all he needs. top striker and some other experiment of his for 70-80M and he's set.

i also think we got fucked by city. for 55M-65M we should have considered some explosive wingers or true strikers.

at most one can entertain the idea that city's catalans and barca catalans did a shady deal a la douglas. but that's the most extreme conspiracy theory you can think off.

Pep wont leave in 2023 unless they have maybe won back to back CLs. He sees City as his legacy.

Not sure how anyone can claim it is a shady deal with any real suggestion of how both benefit.

serghei

People have a very odd idea about what 55m are. 40m is the average transfer these days for a decent team from a big league. Even Everton signs 40m players. We just got 28m or what it was for, no offense, a bum like Emerson Royal.

Have some patience, and the guy will turn good. :lol: Been 4-6 games and people are writing him off.

JamDav1982

Lets see if Torres has better career than Braithwaite or Luuk De Jong.

As that is the level BBZ and Malvolio have him at.

He has already done more than those two but let me guess... 'Pep could make LDJ and Braithwaite good players'

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

At least we didn't pay/lose as much for Torres although money's much tighter now. Even though Luuk's saved us a few times I don't think we should organize our offense around him since it should be below our level of play. Start Auba and tell the mids and wingers don't be afraid and 'risk' some linking with him. I think Gavi, FDJ, and Puig in mid would do well with Auba 9. Then Traore can do shorter cross passes after defeating a defender to Puig or Auba around the box before a final link pass to score. I don't see Auba winning any headers from long Traore crosses. I really don't want to see Luuk starting.

Alves obviously helps greatly keeping our DNA. Dest looked so timid out there yesterday.

Iniesta Ultra

Lets see if Torres has better career than Braithwaite or Luuk De Jong.

As that is the level BBZ and Malvolio have him at.

He has already done more than those two but let me guess... 'Pep could make LDJ and Braithwaite good players'

I had a bad feeling about Torres before he played his first match for us, wish I wasn't right about it. Let's hope Xavi can realize his mistake sooner than later.

Iniesta Ultra

People have a very odd idea about what 55m are. 40m is the average transfer these days for a decent team from a big league. Even Everton signs 40m players. We just got 28m or what it was for, no offense, a bum like Emerson Royal.

Have some patience, and the guy will turn good. :lol: Been 4-6 games and people are writing him off.

I have an open mind he might be able to work well on the left or right but no way he should be in center again when we have Auba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans