Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Just a bit of fun, out of the "Deep Lying playmakers" in the last few years who do you think is capable of replacing Xavi?

The suggestions are based on the players in their Prime.

Last edited:

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Why would you replace him with has beens??

Thiago needs to watch Xavi everyday, in fact if I were Pep I would velcro them together so Thiago has no choice but to do what Xavi does.

Xavi is irreplaceable.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Nobody could replace Xavi, there's only one Xavi and there will never be another Xavi. He's the most important Spanish midfielder of all time and one of the all time greats. At this point in his career I have no shame in saying this.

At his peak Pirlo was the only one on this list as good of a passer as Xavi. A less dynamic player but an extremely intelligent one who could have probably fit on this team. Scholes is underrated but the weaker of the three, Xabi Alonso's short passes aren't nearly as good but he is a ridiculous long passer. All great, though Xabi is more of a jack of all trades type who can't really compare with the others when it comes to playmaking.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Why would you replace him with has beens??

Thiago needs to watch Xavi everyday, in fact if I were Pep I would velcro them together so Thiago has no choice but to do what Xavi does.

Xavi is irreplaceable.

Obviously if the three were in their prime.

Nobody could replace Xavi, there's only one Xavi and there will never be another Xavi. He's the most important Spanish midfielder of all time and one of the all time greats. At this point in his career I have no shame in saying this.

At his peak Pirlo was the only one on this list as good of a passer as Xavi. A less dynamic player but an extremely intelligent one who could have probably fit on this team. Scholes is underrated but the weaker of the three, Xabi Alonso's short passes aren't nearly as good but he is a ridiculous long passer. All great, though Xabi is more of a jack of all trades type who can't really compare with the others when it comes to playmaking.

Id say Scholes is a hell of alot better than Xabi. in both Short and Long.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
was just thinking about it, all are amazing passers of the ball. Strengths are all different to Xavi. Just got me thinking if Xavi had left when the club were willing to sell him who would of done his job, not everyhting has to be fabregas related..;)

(and his performances in the NT shows hes not exactly brilliant at doing Xavis job)

F

Flavia

This.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

beat me to it.

truly an all-time great.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No viable options in the poll and Lemmi has a point.
Xavi is great but we did win the CL while he was injured for most of the season so I have no fears over his retirement. Mind you, he could be playing at this level for at least 4 more years. By that time, Thiago will be there and if not, Cesc will.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
No viable options in the poll and Lemmi has a point.
Xavi is great but we did win the CL while he was injured for most of the season so I have no fears over his retirement. Mind you, he could be playing at this level for at least 4 more years. By that time, Thiago will be there and if not, Cesc will.

well we had deco at his peak, iniesta emerging as a legit player, and ronaldinho playing at an absolutely absurd level.

Home of Barca Fans