What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

tk_TommyKim

Football: Barcelona
Basketball: Barcelona
Handball: Barcelona

Now to American sports
Hockey: Washington Capitals
American football: Baltimore Ravens
Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals

Barcafan 2304

Brought up following Celtic. Always had a soft spot for Barca that has turned into actively following the club.

Away from football, also like to watch cricket, boxing and rugby though no real team preference

El Gato

Villarato!
Football: Real Madrid since a kid, one Raul n Seedorf game hooked me into it. Then a huge Zidane and Ronaldo fan. I also would probably care about my hometeam of P'borough United if I wasn't prejudiced against English football.

Basketball: Mavericks, the team chosen after seeing Dallas Stars in action, then after I saw Nowitzki, Nash and Kidd at their best I knew I chose well

Hockey: as above, Dallas Stars, firstly I played NHL and chosen Dallas Stars against Buffalo Sabres in a Demo game, that's how it began :lol: but then as I followed Mike Modano and Jere Lehtinen I left it like it is

Tennis: used to go mental about Marat Safin, but nowadays I support Nadal (due to Madrid in common interests) and anyone who beats Federer

Formula 1: Used to like Renault with Alonso there, then started supporting BMW Sauber and then back to Renault, Kubica is such a talented driver but gets absolutely trash cars to drive

What else is there. WWE ? Any of the characters that used to rock up attitude era, nowadays it's down to Undertaker and Edge. Oah ! Snooker ! Jimmy White used to be my best bet, but as soon as he left off I started to look on Ding Junhui (bloody talented, but tends to mess up big ones) and Higgins (legend, don't know about corruption stuff though), I also kinda like Mark Selby.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Futbol:
man utd (cantona and giggs)
fulham (local club)
aberdeen (local club @ uni)

kinda like meelan too, mainly because as long as I've paid attention to futbol they've been full of utterly magnificent players that I really like.

Cricket:
pakistan (heritage)
west indies (courtney and curtley)

Tennis:
serena williams
ana ivanovic
sania mirza
maria kirilenko
vojislava lukic

Football:
san francisco 49ers (from when I was a boy, mostly due to rice and montana being awesome)

kinda have a soft spot for the broncos (homer simpson owns them) and the colts (for manning being such a badass field general) and I kinda haveta wish the patriots well coz randy moss is a hero.

Basquétball:
orlando magic (from when I was a boy, 99% due to shaq)

kinda have a soft spot for the bulls (MJ) and the celtics (their current roster is now 3 of my favourite players from the last time I seriously watched b-ball)

Baseball:
new york yankees (from my early teens, all drawn from the caps and their connection to east-coast hip-hop)

F1:
is not a sport

S

sd006

Football: Arsenal in the EPL, Barcelona in La Liga. They both play the beautiful game.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings. Best ownership in the NHL.
Basketball: anybody but the Lakers.

Barcafan 2304

Wouldnt say i actively suuport them and got no links to the country whatsoever but there is a real attraction and mystique to the All Blacks. Love to see them win the Rugby World Cup. They are routinely the best side in rugby but that competition has become a monkey on their back

Armando929

Lets see.

Footie- Barcelona. And of course I like the national team Spain. Holland and Argentina I respect as well. Besides Barca, I also respect clubs such as Arsenal and Valencia but both have not been winning clubs for quite some time now.

Basketball- Boston Celtics. Also cheer for the San Antonio Spurs

Tennis- Rafa Nadal. Also respect Roger Federer even if I don't rate him as high as the likes of Edberg, Sampras, Borg, McEnroe, etc. On the ladies side, Steffi was the best I saw.

Boxing- All timers for me are Manos de Piedra Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Robinson. Many other of course but those are main two. Today??... Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather(Even though he's blatantly ducked Pacquiao twice now), and Sergio Martinez.

Baseball- Watch casually but I always go for Boston Red Sox when watching playoffs.

American Football- Used to watch alot but hardly do so anymore. But when I did in the 90s, I was very big on the Buffalo Bills, with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and the others. Still can't believe that this group of guys couldn't win at least 1 Super Bowl. Be that as it may, they were still a great football team.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Capitals, DC United, Nationals, Wizards, Redskins, etc...

Although the only sport I really watch is football(soccer), I only watch a little bit of hockey and baseball from time to time.

Lets see.

Footie- Barcelona. And of course I like the national team Spain. Holland and Argentina I respect as well. Besides Barca, I also respect clubs such as Arsenal and Valencia but both have not been winning clubs for quite some time now.

Does that mean if Barca stopped winning you wouldn't support them anymore? :ohmy:

Armando929

No of course not Lol...

Barca have been my team since 96..

And I still watch for Arsenal and Valencia. I was just pointing out that they've not been winners in a long time, thats all.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Football: Barca. Ok, ok... Ibra :D (edit: I lied. Watching Bosnian national team makes my heart beat faster, although I have a strong dislike for anything national :))
F1: Dont' watch any more but... Ferrari. Ok, ok... Schumi. I hate his personality, but he used to be the best f1 driver (XMG, you can now kick me out of your friends list :p).
Fighting: I hate it, generally speaking, but I enjoyed some fights, mostly more recent ones like emelianenko vs cro cop in k1, Lenox vs Tyson, Lenox vs Klitchko... And I HATE Lenox Lewis. Weird.
Tennis: I can see why other people like it, but to me it's one of the most boring sports to watch.
American sports: I really like their football and used to watch it many winters ago, but now I find it rather boring. I find baseball unwatchable.
Basketball: Love playing it, hate watching it. Strange...
Ski Jumping: When I want to relax, this is what I'd like to watch. No contemporary favorites, but I used to like many when I was a kid.
Water polo: I'm starting to develop an interest, only because I want to see this: Chuck Norris can score goal between the legs in water polo :lol:

Last edited:
I

ivey

Football: Barcelona of course ;D No explanations needed

Basketball: Lakers, mostly because of Kobe Bryant and what he has done to the game and because of his personality. He has that killer instinct and when you look into his eyes while the game is on the line, you see that there is no hesitation and he is 100% confident he's going to seal the game. Overall a very good organization, playing for championships only.

F1: Lewis Hamilton, no fear, no distractions. Guy overtakes anyone and is one of the most competitive sportsmen the world has ever seen, first year in with his 2 time world champion teammate Alonso and Lewis takes him from outside in his first GP start EVER. From that point I KNEW that this man is special. What a pity he didn't win the championship in his first year, had a perfect opportunity. Tensions in the team and in the sport had a big impact on him, also some unluck and needless risks he took in the last two GPs.

Home of Barca Fans