What sports teams do you support/follow and why?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Football:
NBA:
Phoenix Suns- Always the forgotten team but they can actually play some ball been a fan since 2005 for no apparent reason.
I have a major soft spot for the Suns, during the unwatchable Isaiah years in New York the Nash/D'antoni Suns kept me interested in basketball.

Sallou

Football.

Barcelona. - See, the "How did you become a cule" thread.
R.O.I - What can I say? It's my country and I'll always have my flag and support them.
Spain - Just gotta love the way they play, their league, and what they have done for the sport. With Xaviesta, I'll be supporting them this world cup.
Liverpool - 'My EPL team'. Even before I discovered my loathing for MUFC, I always had a soft spot for this club. Hope they get outta these rough times ok.
Leeds - My dad's team, and thus I've had a soft spot for them since birth thanks to him. Hope they beat Utd in Jan, though I doubt it.

Badminton.

An amazing amazing sport.

Badminton involves insane amounts of skill, precision, intelligence and awareness. It's accepted that you just can't compete at the top level unless you've been playing from age 12-13 at most, and are a good athlete.

The game can be so fast paced, and is so bloody exciting. Badminton is deffo underrated here, it is a truely wonderful sport and badminton players themselves are so insanely talented.

Lin Dan- Simply the best singles player EVER. Newbies to the sport will not understandhow good he is, because he makes it look so freakin simple. Complete control when playing, and an amazing athlete.
Gao Ling- The smiling assassin. Apart from being awesome : D, she's a great doubles player. Always aware, bosses the game (especially in XD). Just great. Too bad she's retired now.
Hidayat - Legend. His backhand smashes are just...brilliant.

Boxing.

PacMan- Always been a Manny fan. Freakin love him and his boxing. Can't wait for Floyd. Bring it on!

Tennis.

Federer - Gotta love Roger. Just the best. I do have a thing for rafa though. Just love his style.

Snooker.

Ding Junhui - : D So pleased he won at the weekend! Didn't put a bet on, but insisted he'd do it.

Pool.

Mika Immonin - Had a great year didn't he? My fav pool player by miles.
The Scorpion
Earl "The Pearl" - Twat of a person, hell of a pool player.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Football: Club Brugge, Tottenham (in your face Lafuria) and Porto.

Snooker: O'sullivan, Selby, Carter, Robertson

NFL: the bird teams: Eagles, Falcons, Cardinals and I like the Titans.

NBA: LA Lakers. The Show, no explanation needed really.

NHL: Canucks, Senators, don't follow it much tho.

Tennis: Not Federer.

Ticoaj

I think were gonna make it
F1 - mark webber i used to have montoya as a fave until he left and also raikkonen but he lost his passion so i went for webber
DTM - markus ekstrom
UFC - i like bj penn or diego sanchez
FOOTBALL - internazionale milano but i have a soft spot for you because your football is wonderfull
RUGBY - newcastle falcons

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Football

After Barça (of course) I've some sympathy by Sporting Clube de Portugal, from Lisboa. For national team, beyond Portugal, I like the "Mannschaft".

Basket

Los Angeles Lakers, no doubt! Since the '80s of "Showtime", I follow them.

F1

JPS lotus was my favorite team, until they disapear... :sad: beautiful cars... well, now - for 2010 - once they will retourn, of course that will be my team!

W

wizlb

Well this one is real easy
NY GIANTS
NY KNICKS
NY METS
F1-LEWIS HAMILTON
WILLIAMS SISTER
WRC-TEAM FORD

AdnanMessi

I am not a crook
Football:

Barca, because when I was 5 Barca was the first football game I ever watched on the telly.
Bochum, I was born in Bochum, and my dad took me to stadiums until I was 5 (Didn't watch tv during the period)

Tennis:

Verdasco, he's just so quick, and amazing

F1:

Sebby Vettel, I just really like him, he's young, and loads of potential.

Hockey:

Not really a NHL fan but I pick Buffalo Sabres, first team I ever watched.

Pepe Silvia

Basketball: LA Lakers
Baseball: LA Dodgers
Ice Hockey: LA Kings
American Football: San Francisco 49ers, USC Trojans
Football: LA Galaxy, Liverpool, Boca Juniors, Club America

FC Barcelona is my favorite team in all sports. I have pictures of the FC Barcelona vs LA Galaxy match last year at the Rose Bowl. I'll upload them soon.

Last edited:

Samuel Eto'o

Football
Barcelona
Arsenal
Pompey
Juve
Sevilla
Valencia
Bilbao

Cricket
West Indies
Australia
India

Tennis
Federer
Nolay

NBA
Anyone who plays against the Lakers

SwiftGuyver

Football - been a Barca fan for 18 years now and the club will always be my number one but i also follow the results of Liverpool (my team in the EPL), Leeds (my mum's team), Brighton (my dad's team) and West Ham (my uncle's team)...

NFL - been a Dallas Cowboys fan for 10 years now...don't know why really...i just picked them and stuck with them...haha...

NBA - been a Chicago Bulls fan for like 18 years...it started cos i loved Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Steve Kerr etc etc etc...haha...also like Phoenix Suns...as far as Europe goes...obviously i follow Barca!!!

i like NHL but don't really follow one particular team...

i'm a big boxing fan...there are so many fighters i like from the past 20+ years...too many to list...at the moment i really like Pacquiao...

i also like UFC...i'm a fan of Chuck Liddell, Quinton Jackson, BJ Penn, Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Brock Lesnar etc etc...

Blaugrana1899

Futbol- Barcelona (Love what the club represents, "Mes Que Un Club." Does not matter where you hail from, or what race you are. You are accepted. Love my Blaugrana.

Basketball- Nets (Loved the Jason Kidd era. Miss my boy Kenyon Martin.)

Baseball- Mets (Love National League baseball and love my blue and orange. Win or Lose,Forever a Mets fan)

NFL- Jets ( Love Gang Green. Most Mets fans are Jets fans. Shared the same stadium at one time, Shea Stadium.)

NHL- Rangers ( Nothing like going into the Madison Square Garden and seeing the diehards. Hockey is best at the GARDEN. Thanks Dad the only team we can agree on.)

Leroy

Brown
Voetbal - Barca, first and foremost, but I also have slight affections for and follow the results of Valencia, Fiorentina, Werder, Lyon and my local club that I play for, Christchurch United.

Rugby - Canterbury Crusaders, my regional club. One of the best clubs in the world.

NFL - I have had a certain liking towards the Saints since a few years ago. Have no idea why, I don't even get to watch games regularly. Also have always liked Brett Favre.

NBA - Been a Lakers fan for 5/6 years now. Kobe got me into them.

League - New Zealand Warriors, obviously because I am from NZ, but also because they play some of the most exciting league, but unfortunately they are terribly inconsistent.

International Shizzz - Anything NZ and since I spent the Euro 2008 period in Spain, I have an affection for Spanish things.

MinaFCB

football barcelona
...watch rome sometimes(although when i'm not in montenegro i'm in naples:)
basketball euroleague -barcelona
tennis-nadal
formula 1-alonso
nba-lakers
and follow european waterpolo
ski flying-harri olli

Home of Barca Fans