Wesley Sneijder

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Wait, Lindsay's never been to Istanbul?! Isn't that where the holy shrine of Liverpool FC fans lies?

The face from the first pic and the bod from the second would make an ideal woman... It's a pity that both actually belong to the same woman but it still doesn't make as much impact in reality. damn you photoshop!! :angry:

I actually think the face looks better on the second one

All the good pics of Yolanthe are old ones. She used to look fine but nowadays I'm not much of a fan.
I'll take your word for it, all I know is what's shown from the google search :lol:

Last edited:

JackaL

j75by.jpg

So the official picture is online.

JackaL

ASALETIN YET, what does that mean?

Looks like: "AS A LET IN, YET"

Asaletin yeter = Your majesty is enough

Asalet has different meanings. You could translate it as nobility, on the other hand it's also a substantive for dignity and majesty. As Galatasaray is a club with a great history that has its roots somewhere in the 15th century and is backed up by an elite Galatasaray High School (lycée in French) where only people were going to school that were either belonging to an aristrocrat (in meaning) family or were super smart. A big part of Galatasaray members come from this school that has a worldwide network of people in politics, medicine, science, business etc.

So Galatasaray Football Club is part of that elite school.

JackaL

Contract conditions have been made public just some moments ago:

He will earn:

2012-2013 6 months: 2 M €
2013-2014 3.2 M €
2014-2015 3.2 M €
2015-2016 3.2 M €

25'000 € match day attendance bonus which is limited to max. 500'000 € a year.

3.9 M € signature fee which will be payed in 3 installements over 3 years.

Inter gets 7.5 M €. Inter ows 2 M € to Sneijder. Gala and Inter have made an agreement for a friendly match to come up for that.

Beware that tax conditions in Turkey are different than in England, Germany, Italy or Spain. Players tend to pay less tax compared to other countries.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Asaletin yeter = Your majesty is enough

Asalet has different meanings. You could translate it as nobility, on the other hand it's also a substantive for dignity and majesty. As Galatasaray is a club with a great history that has its roots somewhere in the 15th century and is backed up by an elite Galatasaray High School (lycée in French) where only people were going to school that were either belonging to an aristrocrat (in meaning) family or were super smart. A big part of Galatasaray members come from this school that has a worldwide network of people in politics, medicine, science, business etc.

So Galatasaray Football Club is part of that elite school.

Ok, thanks! :)

Also for the other post, I thought he'd earn a lot more!

Barca8

Not a big fan of this transfer but I also don't know much about the Turkish league. I will be watching Sneijder's debut :party1:

JackaL

Ok, thanks! :)

Also for the other post, I thought he'd earn a lot more!

You're welcome. I think the difference is between gross income and net income. In the EPL players tend to pay taxes up to 50% of their income. So if Liverpool offered him a 5 M € / year contract, he would only have 2.5 M € left. In Turkey this tax burden is a not as big, so the net income is much bigger. Considering that Italy and Spain have really struggling economies and are raising taxes, Turkey could indeed be an oasis / haven for star players ;)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Any chance these salary figures on Wes are not legit or that Galatasaray are simply putting out a smokescreen?

JackaL

Any chance these salary figures on Wes are not legit or that Galatasaray are simply putting out a smokescreen?

Galatasaray is a publicly listed company and it is mandatory to make certain information on contract negotiations, contract information etc. available for the stock market. I don't think they will cover salary infos on purpose.

Why would you think it's not legit?

He earned around 6 M € at Inter, 50% taxes, makes 3 M €... in Turkey he'll earn around 5 M € a year in total if you sum up the signing bonus and his attendance fees. We still don't have any infos about his performance fee in case of Championship and CL stages...

Home of Barca Fans