Wesley Sneijder

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Woow. That's very nice. Picking the worst pic from one and the best from another.
Deleted. Bigotry of any kind won't be allowed here.

Pardon me for missing something. What's wrong with Liverpool? One of the most illustrious clubs in history of the game and enthusiastic set of supporters. Glad there are still fans loyal to their clubs regardless of their recent success. Belittling and mocking Liverpool has become a trend among some people. Makes me wonder how much of those would still support Barca if we went few seasons without a trophy, or god forbid over longer period of time.
And btw. nice scenery doesn't equal better place to live in. You know, the language, civil rights and all kinds of things go into equation.
I haven't been to Istanbul, but I heard it has great architecture. Was Byzantine and Greek for much longer than it was Turkish so I guess it has a nice mix.
As for what Sneijder's wife supposedly wants... well. Can't underestimate the pretty lady but I think Sneijder oughta make his own decisions, he's far from retirement.
Disappointing move.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Istanbul is a nice place indeed, but I don't know if I'd pick it over playing at an EPL club. Then again, he probably only picked Galastray because they play in the CL.

Damn, his wife is hot

XaviMessiGirl

I've been to Liverpool. Sure it's not a stereotypically "beautiful" city but it's far from the terrible place that a lot of people make it out to be. And probably a lot of the people who talk bad about the city have never been.

Have not been to Istanbul though so can't really comment on it.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
From what I understood of the local Milan press, Sneijder wanted CL football and that's why he refused to consider Liverpool, Tottenham, etc. The quality of life in the cities in question wasn't even mentioned.

XaviMessiGirl

Took you a while to defend your club. :p

Most of the time, it's tiresome and not worth it on this forum tbh. And I was never gung-ho about Liverpool signing Sneijder (from following Inter, seen this entire thing unfold all season) so I don't really care that he picked Gala instead.

XaviMessiGirl

From what I understood of the local Milan press, Sneijder wanted CL football and that's why he refused to consider Liverpool, Tottenham, etc. The quality of life in the cities in question wasn't even mentioned.

Yeah, I read the same. Though I think it WAS said that his wife loves the city of Istanbul, but I don't know how much that actually factored into his decision. His "official" reason was that he wants to play for trophies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
yolanthe_1.jpg

yolanthe_cabau_van_kasbergen_13.jpg

The face from the first pic and the bod from the second would make an ideal woman... It's a pity that both actually belong to the same woman but it still doesn't make as much impact in reality. damn you photoshop!! :angry:

Cule4life

The Culest
That said, I think it's just ignorant to think that Istanbul is a place living in the medieval times. Reading the posts here, I get that feeling.

Where did i ever say Istanbul is a backward city? I just said that it would be difficult for Yolanthe to further her career by staying in Istanbul as she is star in Netherlands. Wouldnt she get tired of travelling back and forth all the time. Maybe she will make the studio executives come to her

Last edited:

JackaL

Where did i ever say Istanbul is a backward city? I just said that it would be difficult for Yolanthe to further her career by staying in Istanbul as she is star in Netherlands. Wouldnt she get tired of travelling back and forth all the time. Maybe she will make the studio executives come to her

My post wasn't rightly directed at you. I just get that kind of a feeling when all of a sudden some problems that aren't really things to consider that much come up. It takes probably 2-3h by plane from Istanbul to Amsterdam, from Milano to Amsterdam it's about 1-2h by plane, so I don't see any problem. ;)

Woow. That's very nice. Picking the worst pic from one and the best from another.
Deleted. Bigotry of any kind won't be allowed here.

Pardon me for missing something. What's wrong with Liverpool? One of the most illustrious clubs in history of the game and enthusiastic set of supporters. Glad there are still fans loyal to their clubs regardless of their recent success. Belittling and mocking Liverpool has become a trend among some people. Makes me wonder how much of those would still support Barca if we went few seasons without a trophy, or god forbid over longer period of time.
And btw. nice scenery doesn't equal better place to live in. You know, the language, civil rights and all kinds of things go into equation.
I haven't been to Istanbul, but I heard it has great architecture. Was Byzantine and Greek for much longer than it was Turkish so I guess it has a nice mix.
As for what Sneijder's wife supposedly wants... well. Can't underestimate the pretty lady but I think Sneijder oughta make his own decisions, he's far from retirement.
Disappointing move.

Liverpool is indeed a great club with a great history and I think they will be back on the top some day again, even if not, surely their fans will love them and I admire their passion. Sneijder would have even fit perfectly there I guess, it just didn't happen, that's it.

As for Istanbul, it's not just great because of architecture, the mosaic of different cultures and histories is one great thing to see there, Istanbul life the other. As for civil rights, you're totally right, Istanbul is nowhere close to any English or Western European country, but Sneijder is no journalist and no politically active person, mostly the ones that got the money and the good places to live in, tend not to care about these things. However, good point, it's awful how much journalists are in jail there and how much "free speech" is limited.

I can't really decide on the looks of Yolanthe somehow. In some pictures she looks beautiful, in others very different. Well I guess they have a kind of Victoria-Beckham popularity in the Netherlands. As far as I know, Sneijder and Yolanthe wouldn't mind to go to the US after Istanbul.

Last edited:

poldep

What's so funny about Turk Telecom?

Go frustrate yourself on some racist forum with your grudges against Turkey.

The shirt looks nice

Wish him all the best. I have been there many times. I just think it's funny that when Holland was playing Turkey in the WC qualifier he commented about the many Turkey fans in the stadium and now he all of a sudden wants to live there. Dunno..I just hope he doesnt desert them in the summer. Fyi I have no grudges against Turkey, it's a beautifull country. I just hope Wesley goes there for the right reasons, thats all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans