Thiago Silva

L

Learo

what i find odd is that some barca fans are obsessed with players' so called "natural" position, it is the complete opposite of what our club has been about for the last 25 years. Looking back at our success over the last 10 years, almost all our crucial players has been converted to a different position and role when they joined our team.

barca1899

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BOOM! Adriano: "If it depended on him, Thiago Silva would sign today for Barça. I talked to him."</p>— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrazilStats/statuses/355023374486994944">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I

instinct

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>BOOM! Adriano: "If it depended on him, Thiago Silva would sign today for Barça. I talked to him."</p>— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStats) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrazilStats/statuses/355023374486994944">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

It's getting interesting.

L

Learo

if true, there goes our transfer budget for both this summer and next. If he fails, we would be in a massively deep hole. He certainly will not live up to the excessive expectations ppl have of him, and we need to replace almost our entire backline in a couple of seasons if we bring in this guy as well.

Arachnid

He said he's not in PSG for the money, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to earn a bit less...

I don't get all the things with player's wages. He is already rich as hell, and the thought that he'll earn 1 or 2 million less shouldn't bother him, should it?

It bothers everybody else.

And of course he went there for money. It's not likely that he was a PSG fan during his childhood in Brazil, is it?

I

instinct

Seleção Brasileira ‏@BrazilStats
Adriano: "Thiago Silva told me it would be a 'dream' to play at the club, always wanted to wear the shirt of the club. We're good friends."

L

Learo

everybody is dreaming of big money, even if that money is stolen from the people. thats why city, chelsea, psg, monaco and others can amass a star studded team in a couple of seasons. and hell, its not like we're not at the forefront in paying high wages to players.

barca1899

if true, there goes our transfer budget for both this summer and next. If he fails, we would be in a massively deep hole. He certainly will not live up to the excessive expectations ppl have of him, and we need to replace almost our entire backline in a couple of seasons if we bring in this guy as well.

We still have a budget of ~5mil € for this season(without sales), if we sign Thiago Silva for 40mil €.

L

Learo

We still have a budget of ~5mil € for this season(without sales), if we sign Thiago Silva for 40mil €.

Thiago Silva will be a 100m euro acquisition i think. PSG wont sell for cheaper than they bought him. 50m transfer fee and very high wages for maybe 5 years.

Home of Barca Fans