Thiago Silva

Tomchin

Thiago Silva will be a 100m euro acquisition i think. PSG wont sell for cheaper than they bought him. 50m transfer fee and very high wages for maybe 5 years.
Wages are never included in the transfer-budget. Anyway, our spokesman Toni Freixa already said some weeks ago that we can afford another high-calibre signing (like T. Silva), so once PSG are willing to negotiate, the price shouldn't be an issue.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Thiago Silva will be a 100m euro acquisition i think. PSG wont sell for cheaper than they bought him. 50m transfer fee and very high wages for maybe 5 years.
They paid 50M as his transfer fee... And then paid a year worth salary. For the life of me, I don't udnerstand how the amount they have spent on him has gone to 100M :icon_confused:

Keikoku

Cabbage
They paid 50M as his transfer fee... And then paid a year worth salary. For the life of me, I don't udnerstand how the amount they have spent on him has gone to 100M :icon_confused:

I think people was talking 100m comes from this calculation:

We pay 50m for his club, he sign 5 years contract which he will get 10m per year, we pay 5 years salary 50m, so totally cost 100m. :ninja_hide:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't get this fixation on a single player regardless of cost and economical implications... First it was Neymar and now Silva, like there were no other alternatives or if the world would end if we don't sign them...

Seriously, does our management chose signings based on video game ratings? I don't mean to say Neymar and Silva are bad players, but they are not the only ones out there, at least have some real options goddammit... But then I remember our second candidate is David Luiz...

Duke

if true, there goes our transfer budget for both this summer and next. If he fails, we would be in a massively deep hole. He certainly will not live up to the excessive expectations ppl have of him, and we need to replace almost our entire backline in a couple of seasons if we bring in this guy as well.

he is currently undisputed best central defender in the world, if you think he will fail then we shouldn't think of buying any CB at all for the next 3 or 4 years until someone better the TS come along and you think he might do better!

L

Learo

they paid 50m euros? I thought it was 43m euros. if they paid 50m then we will pay between 50-60m.

Duke

I don't get this fixation on a single player regardless of cost and economical implications... First it was Neymar and now Silva, like there were no other alternatives or if the world would end if we don't sign them...

Seriously, does our management chose signings based on video game ratings? I don't mean to say Neymar and Silva are bad players, but they are not the only ones out there, at least have some real options goddammit... But then I remember our second candidate is David Luiz...

The management realized we spent so much money on names just fail and be sold cheap after a season or two. Nothing wrong with being picky!

L

Learo

he is currently undisputed best central defender in the world, if you think he will fail then we shouldn't think of buying any CB at all for the next 3 or 4 years until someone better the TS come along and you think he might do better!

Just because he is good (he was a complete failure until he reached 25 years of age.) doesnt mean he will automatically be a success for us. Ibra was a proven player too at a sky high price.

The way we play make it crucial that he adapts quickly and considering his age, it is harder to teach an older dog new tricks than a younger one. He also has some injury issues, and those wont go away once he passes 30. Anyway, he will need to be replaced pretty soon after we bought him and that will be very bad, as a well functioning defense is based on consistency and understanding. Not constant shifting of players.

cro-man

Not even silva will solve our defense problem. With pique alba and alves it wont be easy for him . If we buy him and he gets injured what then?? We will have the same situation as we had last season. We need at least two defender to solve our problem.

Tomchin

Well, he did paid 57m for a guy that said just have 1 year left in his contract. That also being said the guy is prefer Barca over other clubs. :lol:
Yeah, but that guy was one of the most marketable players in the world and is 10 years younger than T. Silva.

L

Learo

The management realized we spent so much money on names just fail and be sold cheap after a season or two. Nothing wrong with being picky!

are u referring to ibra, villa and hleb? we paid 160m euros (incl. wage) for those three proven players who were in their late 20s...

L

Learo

Not even silva will solve our defense problem. With pique alba and alves it wont be easy for him . If we buy him and he gets injured what then?? We will have the same situation as we had last season. We need at least two defender to solve our problem.

totally agree. well said.

Meitux

Just because he is good (he was a complete failure until he reached 25 years of age.) doesnt mean he will automatically be a success for us. Ibra was a proven player too at a sky high price.

The way we play make it crucial that he adapts quickly and considering his age, it is harder to teach an older dog new tricks than a younger one. He also has some injury issues, and those wont go away once he passes 30. Anyway, he will need to be replaced pretty soon after we bought him and that will be very bad, as a well functioning defense is based on consistency and understanding. Not constant shifting of players.
He will surely be better than Capoue :pep:

Home of Barca Fans