Sylvinho

C

CTID

I think it might be 3rd.

1st = Bridge
2nd = Garrido
3rd = Sylvi

He is 2nd. Wayne Bridge has been great for us so far this year so he will play whenever fit. Garrido is never even on the bench and will probably move on in January.

As for Sylvinho, It's great to have classy LB cover we can rely on. OK tonight was against poor oposition (scunthorpe United from the Championship) But they are young, quick and strong. No probs for Syl though. He still has some pace but his legs can't realy carry him on like a wing back anymore. He didn't realy cross into the opositions half all game. But his amazing footballing brain is still very much there and he coped with his defensive duties admirably. There was one highlight in the 2nd half where a Scunthorpe player was running at him in full flow and he just nicked the ball from him and stroked it 20yards to a blue shirt. Class professional. Plus he knows he was brought here as cover for Bridge so he won't complain about being sat on the bench most games. He is a top guy. :worthy:

I think he is in talks with City about staying on after his contract expires to coach our youngsters in the youth academy.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who put this thread in with the rest of the Sylvinho stuff. :smile222:

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I think he is in talks with City about staying on after his contract expires to coach our youngsters in the youth academy.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who put this thread in with the rest of the Sylvinho stuff. :smile222:
No way he would do that to Barca, maybe if Barca didn't ask him but if we ask him if he wants to he'd pick us over you.. I mean, you're just a club he goes to to fill his wallet imo. (Which Man City generally is).

C

CTID

No way he would do that to Barca, maybe if Barca didn't ask him but if we ask him if he wants to he'd pick us over you.. I mean, you're just a club he goes to to fill his wallet imo. (Which Man City generally is).

No way he would do what to Barcelona? You sound like a jelous girl who has caught her boyfriend in bed with another woman.

It always makes me laugh when people try and make it look bad that players come to City for the money....LIKE THATS A BAD THING. We've got all this money and can atract world class players. Oh no this is really bad for us...I wish we weren't so rich... :lol:

I'm sure if he Sylvinho was asked to coach Bacelonas youth then he would. But the fact is he hasn't. So we are well within our right to ask him. If he says yes then great. If not then.....Great.

B

blueduck

It always makes me laugh when people try and make it look bad that players come to City for the money....LIKE THATS A BAD THING. We've got all this money and can atract world class players. Oh no this is really bad for us...I wish we weren't so rich... :lol:

Exactly.
Lescott, Barry, Bellamy, Bridge (hardly ever played enough games) and arguably Ade and Kolo all have a better chance of winning a trophy here at City than at their previous clubs. So it's not all about the money.

beef-supreme

Exactly.
Lescott, Barry, Bellamy, Bridge (hardly ever played enough games) and arguably Ade and Kolo all have a better chance of winning a trophy here at City than at their previous clubs. So it's not all about the money.

Not saying i disagree but that's the weirdest argument ever...
One would counter it by saying - yes it's all about the money, and the increased possibility of winning a trophy just adds up to more money (due to possible clauses in contract) and the non-material benefit of glory.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't think it's just about the money for Sylvinho, but City is a change of scenery, likely to give him some play time and remain competitive...all while paying him nicely.

B

blueduck

Ofc money was one of the reasons they came here, but people are wrong when they say players are only coming here for the cash.

beef-supreme

Well certainly initially - Robinho for e.g. - only went there for a cash (especially if we believe he didn't even know which club he'd be playing for when he arrived) but since then City have shown that they have a project going on, and it has paid off with them doing fairly well in 6th and a chance to go 3rd. I think the Barca Gamper match helped City, for them to participate in one of Barca's first matches of the season would have raised publicity - treble holders and all - and the win made it even better!

Aasim

Bumbleman
I believe Lescott went for money. He was the main man at Everton. Top 7 every year, good manager and players. Why would he leave for a team which:

1. cant guarantee first team action
2. cant guarantee CL football.

B

blueduck

Maybe he thought Everton had gone as far as they could and that we have a better chance of getting in the top 4?

I call that ambition.

beef-supreme

Cause Everton are rubbish. He was right to jump a sinking ship. I think the FA Cup loss signalled just how weak Everton were going to be this season because they jsut collapsed after the first 20 mins. Also Everton always suck in Europe.
To be fair, judging by how Everton are doing now, he made the right decision.

Maybe he thought Everton had gone as far as they could and that we have a better chance of getting in the top 4?

I call that ambition.

Yes also that :p

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Ofc money was one of the reasons they came here, but people are wrong when they say players are only coming here for the cash.

Of course, Sylvinho could have probably made more money playing in Qatar or whatever. City offers him money coupled with other advantages.

beef-supreme

In depth interview with Sylvinho: Link

City have a good video player on their website. Also the site's simple but clear, quick, no hassles, no clutter.

Sylvinho's such a great man... I miss him!
I found it funny how he said "Boarcelona" or "Borcelona" hehehe

I love Sylvinho, especially when he talks about his daughter - he's such a concerned father, so sensible!

Yeah the city website's fantastic! Great video quality as well.

Home of Barca Fans