Shirt Sponsorship

Should Barca take on a shirt sponsor to pay off the debts?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
Thats the million dollar question. If finances are as bad as Rosell would have us believe, then maybe we will have to consider it.

Mate, forget the Rosell report... it's always the same thing when we have a new direction...

tk_TommyKim

It's more about pride, really. We've never gotten paid to wear a sponsor, and although I'm a fan of helping out Unicef, the shirt looks a beauty without a sponsor. If we got a sponsor, we'd just be like everyone else.

M

meeks

Anyone notice the Herbalife logo on the right sleeves against Valerenga?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I posted on the Herbalife thing a while back...It's a new association to be used in preseason and friendlies only

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
We really don't want a shirt sponsor...but here are the ones mentioned.

barca1.jpg

but we never want these two below.
barca2.jpg

I need some eye bleach.

S

sd006

How many professional football clubs have no sponsor? It's pretty rare.

S

sd006

When does our UNICEF arrangement end?

UNICEF and FC Barcelona kicked off a five-year partnership in September 2006 to raise awareness and funds to benefit children affected by HIV and AIDS. Every year for five years, the club will donate €1.5 million per year over five years to help fund projects aimed at combating HIV and AIDS in Africa and Latin America. Along with the funding, the football club is featuring the UNICEF logo on its 2006-2007 jersey, the first placement of its kind in the club’s 107-year history.

FC Barcelona will also contribute €500,000 in publicity assets to promote the partnership each year, reminding football fans everywhere of the importance of putting children first. This commitment to UNICEF and the world’s children reinforces FC Barcelona’s motto, ‘More Than a Club’.

:)

ranjix

Jefecito
I would like to see sponsor if we need. But ATM: NO. Some sponsors may make shirt look worse. Just look at new Man U jersey with AON.

tk_TommyKim

I would like to see sponsor if we need. But ATM: NO. Some sponsors may make shirt look worse. Just look at new Man U jersey with AON.

Agreed. I actually liked Man U's shirt when they were sponsored by Vodafone. Same with Milan and Opel.

nebeer

Love is All
Well, there are many facets to this debate, but one thing I gotta say is that those shirts don't look good at all with those sponsors on them. Some of them just makes me want to puke. Besides, what a shirt says is like a message, now what on earth something like samsung or whatever has to do anything with Barca and what we are?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
I guess thats a matter of personal taste. I like the Armani ad much more than the current Unicef sign - regarding the design.

Home of Barca Fans