Serie A

Who will win the scudetto?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Simone Inzaghi:

5/5 Italian Super-cups
3/4 Italian cups
0/1 CL finals

Beaten prime Juve BTW 4 out of 5 times in those finals...

WC cup manager for sure
The best thing in my opinion is the system. They play an incredible style of football you really can't grasp unless you watch them.
5 at the back was considered dead in top level football but not only has he brought it back, he brought it back with a possession and attacking style also. The way the team fill in gaps for each other on the pitch, move from position to position with fluidity and always make sure there is a free man is amazing, they attack and defend together, fantastic use of overloads. Many times watching them you see defenders joining the attack and giving their teammates options in the final third to keep the attack going.

The team is good in quality but not comparable at all with the top clubs, their strength is absolutely tactical, on top of the fact having a lot of experience helps them implement a system where everyone must be positionally sound and calm on the ball.

Been a great watch since December last season.

Last edited:

Temptation

Me!

I was also on the Thiago Motta train before it was trendy. See here.
In general, Calcio is a very underrated league with a lot more talent not given credit for both playing and managing. Inzaghi is one of the best managers in the world and up there with Pep and Klopp but you'll never hear it until mass media picks up on the fact they have 39 goal difference in 20 games.
Think you went a bit too far.

He's definitely not up there with Klopp/Pep.

Closer to Emery and probably a top 5 manager itw as of now.

ajnotkeith

Think you went a bit too far.

He's definitely not up there with Klopp/Pep.

Closer to Emery and probably a top 5 manager itw as of now.
I wouldn't compare him and Emery. Emery is a guy who has had many attempts at well resourced clubs and never been able to bring major success but competes for goals in the tier below (EL, top4 etc).

Inzaghi has led a team with negative net spend during his tenure, in financial crisis and utterly deconstructed under Zhang, to being the best team in Italy and probably one of the best teams in the world with players like Darmian, Calhanoglu, Mkhiytarian, Arnautovic, Alexis who were considered washed up Prem rejects before they came to Inter. Most of their squad is made up of guys who would struggle to get a game for the top6 English clubs and would certainly not be transfer targets, ever. The important players were cheap or free, e.g, Thuram, Dumfries, Dimarco, Barella, Sommer, Bastoni, with the exception of Lautaro they did not pay more than like 30m for any member of their squad.

He is probably pound for pound doing the best job in world football. With the resources of Pep? Inter would be winning trebles again.

Last edited:

Temptation

I wouldn't compare him and Emery. Emery is a guy who has had many attempts at well resourced clubs and never been able to bring major success but competes for goals in the tier below (EL, top4 etc).

Inzaghi has led a team with negative net spend during his tenure, in financial crisis and utterly deconstructed under Zhang, to being the best team in Italy and probably one of the best teams in the world with players like Darmian, Calhanoglu, Mkhiytarian, Alexis who were considered washed up Prem rejects before they came to Inter.

He is probably pound for pound doing the best job in world football. With the resources of Pep? Inter would be winning trebles again.

His CV is too small and he's way too new to compare to Emery.

Pep and Klopp are far away because of their body of work.

Emery has managed many clubs and won multiple trophies and proved himself as an effective cup and league manager in varying situations. PSG is a poisoned chalice and Emery with much lesser control than Arteta, got way better results immediately in his short stint. Arteta took years to finish above 8th place in the PL despite huge financial outlay. It's a bit unfair to dismiss Emery on that front. He hasn't had a proper crack at a big club imo.

Inzaghi has had a great start to his managerial career and is doing a phenomenal job with Inter but you need to slow down here and wait for him to expand his body of work. If I was a big club owner, I'd definitely consider hiring him in 2024 for my club.

I'll give you a Footballer analogy. If Pep and Klopp are 32 year old legends who compete for B D ors almost every year and Emery is a 28 year old player who has won the lot in multiple clubs despite his unfortunate stint at a club then Inzaghi is a 23 year old player with World Class potential who has carried his team to a CL final recently despite playing in a relatively average team.

Let the kid consistently perform for a few years before you put him in the same bracket as some of these veterans/experienced superstars.

I hope I explained my point well. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

ajnotkeith

His CV is too small and he's way too new to compare to Emery.

Pep and Klopp are far away because of their body of work.

Emery has managed many clubs and won multiple trophies and proved himself as an effective cup and league manager in varying situations. PSG is a poisoned chalice and Emery with much lesser control than Arteta, got way better results immediately in his short stint. Arteta took years to finish above 8th place in the PL despite huge financial outlay. It's a bit unfair to dismiss Emery on that front. He hasn't had a proper crack at a big club imo.

Inzaghi has had a great start to his managerial career and is doing a phenomenal job with Inter but you need to slow down here and wait for him to expand his body of work. If I was a big club owner, I'd definitely consider hiring him in 2024 for my club.

I'll give you a Footballer analogy. If Pep and Klopp are 32 year old legends who compete for B D ors almost every year and Emery is a 28 year old player who has won the lot in multiple clubs despite his unfortunate stint at a club then Inzaghi is a 23 year old player with World Class potential who has carried his team to a CL final recently despite playing in a relatively average team.

Let the kid consistently perform for a few years before you put him in the same bracket as some of these veterans/experienced superstars.

I hope I explained my point well. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, in terms of what has been proven, of course Pep and Klopp far exceed him, they have already done it, so naturally anyone looking for a manager will pick one of those two if they were available since they give a guarantee to be the best managers in the world.

I feel that he is close to them in potential. That is, as his career continues, he will start to pick up achievements putting him in that discussion. I think he will stay at Inter for a while and they will probably taken over by a rich board where we can really see his project thrive and possibly Inter return to being one of the giants.
He still is very new to managing as you say but after watching his Lazio side and his Inter side I can say this guy will certainly go down as an Italian legend if not a general one.
Emery and Arteta is a tough discussion because whilst Emery may have got better results on paper he isn't really a guy who constructs a project. His teams don't tend to improve that much over time. So far he has succeeded at B tier clubs but hasn't been able to compete for the top titles yet. I think that is his ceiling. He's an excellent manager for those clubs but hits a ceiling when he needs to compete with the very best. Its one of the reasons I am really against the calls to bring him here because he hasn't shown the top-level nous to manage at a very big club yet. Aston Villa is a good fit for him.

Temptation

Yeah, in terms of what has been proven, of course Pep and Klopp far exceed him, they have already done it, so naturally anyone looking for a manager will pick one of those two if they were available since they give a guarantee to be the best managers in the world.

I feel that he is close to them in potential. That is, as his career continues, he will start to pick up achievements putting him in that discussion. I think he will stay at Inter for a while and they will probably taken over by a rich board where we can really see his project thrive and possibly Inter return to being one of the giants.
He still is very new to managing as you say but after watching his Lazio side and his Inter side I can say this guy will certainly go down as an Italian legend if not a general one.
Emery and Arteta is a tough discussion because whilst Emery may have got better results on paper he isn't really a guy who constructs a project. His teams don't tend to improve that much over time. So far he has succeeded at B tier clubs but hasn't been able to compete for the top titles yet. I think that is his ceiling. He's an excellent manager for those clubs but hits a ceiling when he needs to compete with the very best. Its one of the reasons I am really against the calls to bring him here because he hasn't shown the top-level nous to manage at a very big club yet. Aston Villa is a good fit for him.

Currently, this will be my top 5 managers itw this season.

Pep
Klopp
Emery
Inzaghi
Tuchel/Alonso(?)

This is a combination of current season's performance and what they have achieved before.

KingLeo10

Last 2-3 years, Guardiola has pulled away from the rest so much that he's in a different class.

2nd best is Klopp I would imagine, then fighting for 3rd are Carlo/ Inzaghi/ Emery. Tuchel's stock has fallen recently but he probably is next in line along with Simeone.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Just saw Lautaro scored once again, this dude just cant stop scoring! If Barca would have money, he would be the perfect guy for the striker position: Guiu, Vitor, Lautaro lets go!

Birdy

The best thing in my opinion is the system. They play an incredible style of football you really can't grasp unless you watch them.
5 at the back was considered dead in top level football but not only has he brought it back, he brought it back with a possession and attacking style also. The way the team fill in gaps for each other on the pitch, move from position to position with fluidity and always make sure there is a free man is amazing, they attack and defend together, fantastic use of overloads. Many times watching them you see defenders joining the attack and giving their teammates options in the final third to keep the attack going.

The team is good in quality but not comparable at all with the top clubs, their strength is absolutely tactical, on top of the fact having a lot of experience helps them implement a system where everyone must be positionally sound and calm on the ball.

Been a great watch since December last season.

Word!
Actually I think Xavi might learn a thing or two by watching how Inter find the free man.
Inzaghi's fluidity is the opposite of Xavi's rigidity

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Anything can happen in knockout format, and sometimes it is not reflective of the better team.
We have established that already

Having said that, Inter are at least 2 levels above Atleti as a team this season

Hmmm its difficult to rate Inter, in Serie A they are outstanding but they had big problems against Sociedad away and Atletico has beaten Real lately..... we will see their true power in 2 weeks. They didnt really play against top teams this seasons :thinking:

Birdy

Hmmm its difficult to rate Inter, in Serie A they are outstanding but they had big problems against Sociedad away and Atletico has beaten Real lately..... we will see their true power in 2 weeks. They didnt really play against top teams this seasons :thinking:
Sociedad are a great team and far better equipped IMO to play top teams compared to Atleti.
If Inter played Atletico 10 times this season, Inter wins 7 of them, draws 2, and Atleti wins 1

Home of Barca Fans