Sergio Canales

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I like your points CA. This is how a discussion should go.

But I am exhausted from debating the "points" that were made in this thread before so CA, I will argue against them later.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Coming through the ranks at Barça and doing it at Racing are totally different things, eventually a player with ability will find his way through wherever he is playing but he may have to wait a little longer at a top club because of the quality of those ahead of him so it's extremely unfair to write off (younger) Barça canteranos because they're not getting the same minutes as Canales at a small club.

This is basically what I said when I noted that pep doesn´t have the luxury to give our youngsters more playing time.
Fortunately, Barca Atletic bid for a promotion is looking good and our kids will be playing some tougher opponents and learning faster next season.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Seriously, why is this going on? He doesn't deserve a call up and doesn't get one. His major achievement in the past month is signing for Real.

Oh yeah, Thiago scored as well. Better give him a cap, Walrus!

Culeee

Before jumping into conclusions about his performance it was kinda expected
Munitis the leader and Racing main and top assist man was missing , so was Colsa the main DM plus their main runner (wouldn't call him a striker ) Tchite those 3 + Canales allow Racing to tick

Their fans were furious about those three getting the second yellow and missing the game in a way some said(it was all over the Spanish press last week ) Racing already throw the towel before the visit and decided to clean slate the yellow cards in a game they were bound to lose with or without their main players

He was actually good considering the remains of Racing squad around him and the first time booing(which was expected after he picked Real over Barca and others ) from the faithful cule's .. good warm up for future classicos
How exactly did he choose madrid over barca ? Barca AND madrid went for him a couple of years ago and he rejected BOTH at that time.. there is no proof we actually made an approach for him this time (being interested is something else)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Who is the under 21 team for Spain?

There is the faint possibility he did not want to go, but the overwhelming reason is that Spain is full of under 21s who have been playing in the first team for far longer than Canales. They deserve to be on the national team before he does.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I can't see Canales ever making one Classico. Madrid will farm him our for sure and that will be the end of him.

Home of Barca Fans